• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The ancient Colchian were an independent people, not Greeks. There existed only a few insignificant Greek colonies along the coast – as the Colchians organized themselves into a kingdom at an already early time, they were able to hamper Greek colonization.

The Colchians were not Greeks, and they were also not Armenians, but they had far more in common culturally with the latter than with the former. The land is probably most famous for the legend of the Golden Fleece, which was said to be kept in Colchis, and for the mythological figure of Medea, who was from Colchis.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

It's been a very hectic time for me lately, as I've been getting into my A levels - unfortunately coursework and projects will inevitably take priority over my AAR's.

However, I have decided to cease all updating on my Swedish AAR and focus on updating this. Updates will still only come at a once a week pace, but it will at least allow me to gradually get through the AAR rather than having to juggle with both AAR's during an already busy and chaotic time.

Unfortunately, I won't likely be able to get an update up tonight, as I've still got plenty of work to do. :( However, there will be a post with detailed responses and an update coming on Saturday. :)