• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kuroashi1998

Recruit
Apr 7, 2022
Short summary of your issue
CK3 Playstation 5 Save Data Corruption

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Paradox Launcher

What DLC do you have installed?
None

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Closing CK3 via regular means on the Playstation 5 sometimes causes the game to have trouble returning to the PS5 homescreen. After being stuck trying to close the game for a while, the game simply crashes and causes save data to corrupt. I had this happen on two occasions: the first time it did not have any effect on my save files, but the second time it completely deleted my most recent save file including the autosave (I had been playing on this file for over a week, some 20 odd hours or so). This issue has not popped up with any other game I try to close, so I am fairly certain it is a CK3 issue and not some error on my console. I hope this issue can be traced and, subsequently, fixed because losing this amount of progress is simply unacceptable.

Thanks to any dev reading this and I hope you can solve this problem.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Closing the game can randomly cause this issue to occur. It happened twice since the console release and I have played almost every day.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
I have asked and received a refund for CK3 from PSN.

I can accept that there are bugs and things not working as they should.
This is a massive game and with ports, those things are always to be expected.
And, if that was the only issue, I would have gladly waited for a while longer.

However, going a month without even a SINGLE sign of acknowledgement or the slightest sign that it's being looked at / worked on.
That is just rude and incredible bad behavior towards your fans and customers.

And even though I pretty much own all titles that you guys developed on the PC, I will think twice before buying something on console from you guys again.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I have asked and received a refund for CK3 from PSN.

I can accept that there are bugs and things not working as they should.
This is a massive game and with ports, those things are always to be expected.
And, if that was the only issue, I would have gladly waited for a while longer.

However, going a month without even a SINGLE sign of acknowledgement or the slightest sign that it's being looked at / worked on.
That is just rude and incredible bad behavior towards your fans and customers.

And even though I pretty much own all titles that you guys developed on the PC, I will think twice before buying something on console from you guys again.
I am agree, it is acceptable getting some issue, but seems no any sign of repairing this issue, even already had 1 patch in April. Not mention it is a issue destroyed the gamer experience, and it is the game with price 79.99 EUR...

• 4Like
Reactions:
Heartbraking. All that effort lost. Tried in vein to find a method to stop data corruption but on each of the 5 occasions I lost everything. Probably 40 hours lost. Angry and upset that a game with such a price tag can be released in this state.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I have the same issue , it happened to me around 1195 , and I lost more than 15 in game years , and it was so frustrating , I’ve stoped playing ever since , and I’m even more frustrated that there has been no fixes and not even any recognition from paradox indicating that they know about the issue and are trying to fix it ( at least I haven’t heard of any recognition ) . This game is so good and entertaining , and I can’t wait to experience it again , but playing it at this point is just pointless

• 4Like
Reactions:
I encountered issues on PC and I had a refund from Steam. When I saw the port on PS I thought I could play safe this time. Well absolutely not... It's even worse. I'll never touch a Paradox game again.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I read somewhere that the save cache was corrupted and if you deleted all your saves on console and cloud this would work.

Don't do this. It defn does to work!

Problem appeared again after another 3h session.

£60 I paid for this! The bloody cheek.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Having the same issue. On social media Crusader Kings has responded to comments about the save data issues, and told people that they are working on it, but that was nearly two weeks ago and nothing since. It's a great game but so frustrating. I currently have a save game uploaded to cloud that I managed to salvage, but it consistently crashes around the year 1300, so I guess that's the point where the cache gets overwhelmed in my particular game.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Ben having the same issues. At first it was just my auto-save getting corrupted, managed to get around it by doing regual manual saving. Now my manual saves are getting corrupted after a certain point and my auto-saves seems to keep working fine(?!). The game is sadly unplayable in this state, I really hope they put effort in to fixing this since it's otherwise such a fun game. I have PSPlus, don't think that has anything to do with it tho.
I just had 12 hours of gaming, 2 count em 2 save files corrupted and deleted and I really don't wanna play anymore.

This doesn't take into account some other bugs of ally troops or my own.

1) ally troop units do not join in fight even though they are right next to me
2) they moonwalk back and forth around and can't decide where to go
3) my guys when raised do Hulk Hogan poses instead of going to target even after all are raised. I have to change their directions 4 or 5 times clockwise until they actually move.

So today I had my Papal British Empire, 134k strong plus every other Anglican ally nation in Europe, in 1245 on the march to conquer Spain. It was glorious. Didn't lose a battle and was so close to winning. Auto save kicked in and game kicked me out then the dreaded files corrupted. Get back in and everything from the past 25 years in game gone. Absolutely heart breaking. So many schemes, plots and characters lost.

Also I really wanna know who's genius idea was it to make PopUps more frequent when your in the middle of a massive war? Can't tell you how many times I'm trying to micro manage and misclick on something I don't wanna do cause a split second popup comes along while I'm figuring out stuff.

Overall I really enjoy this game but the crashes and bugs are frustrating me to no end and I'd rather not waste anymore time on a game that doesn't work like it should

Did you all at Paradox hire testers before this came out on console?

• 4Like
Reactions:
I had been playing the game problem free from game start in the late 900’s to 1248. Now the game has deleted most of the manual saves and will not save any new manual saves. I can see that this is a problem raised on other forums and no remedy seems to have been made.

It’s really disappointing because it’s rare to get games like this on the PS5, and it was such a great game. I’d spend hours at a time playing. I tried starting a new game, which of course then auto saved over the 1248 game, and the error is still evident.

I’ll be asking for a refund. £60 is a lot to pay for a defective product.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I had been playing the game problem free from game start in the late 900’s to 1248. Now the game has deleted most of the manual saves and will not save any new manual saves. I can see that this is a problem raised on other forums and no remedy seems to have been made.

It’s really disappointing because it’s rare to get games like this on the PS5, and it was such a great game. I’d spend hours at a time playing. I tried starting a new game, which of course then auto saved over the 1248 game, and the error is still evident.

I’ll be asking for a refund. £60 is a lot to pay for a defective product.
After a back and forth with Playstation, which included them suggestion deleting all of the data from my PS5, they cut the conversation short and referred me back here.

Could anyone who has successfully received a refund please explain how they did it? I seem to be caught between two organisations with poor customer service.

• 2Like
Reactions:
After a back and forth with Playstation, which included them suggestion deleting all of the data from my PS5, they cut the conversation short and referred me back here.

Could anyone who has successfully received a refund please explain how they did it? I seem to be caught between two organisations with poor customer service.
I got that far with them following database rebuild (still crashed) and then patch came out as the game was downloading after factory reset... *touch wood* not had it crash since and actually got to the final year achievement on ironman. Think I may be one of the lucky ones who the patch maybe fixed (or have just gotten lucky since lol)

• 1Like
Reactions:

I got refund from PSN Taiwan successfully. The way they taught me was not works, I even re-installed the OS on PS5. You can keep explain saying the issue is disrupting you continually.

• 3Like
Reactions:

Curse all damn greedy corporations. This game is unplayable and anyone who wants a refund should receive one.

I told them the game was unplayable because savefiles keeps getting deleted midgame. When they asked me to try rebuilding my database or whatever I just told them I've tried it and it didnt solve my issue. I didnt try it tho, we all know that's not the problem. Then they asked me to send pictures of the problem. I sent them two pictures taken with my phone, one showing the error message when it crashes and the other showing the error message when you start the game and it says savefiles have gotten deleted due to corruption. Then they confirmed my refund. I hope this helps.

• 4Like
Reactions:
It’s got nothing to do with your database. It’s the game. Happens to nearly everyone, I haven’t seen a report of a workaround. On Discord staff are saying they are working on it but no ETA on patch day.