• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kuroashi1998

Recruit
Apr 7, 2022
Short summary of your issue
CK3 Playstation 5 Save Data Corruption

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Paradox Launcher

What DLC do you have installed?
None

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Closing CK3 via regular means on the Playstation 5 sometimes causes the game to have trouble returning to the PS5 homescreen. After being stuck trying to close the game for a while, the game simply crashes and causes save data to corrupt. I had this happen on two occasions: the first time it did not have any effect on my save files, but the second time it completely deleted my most recent save file including the autosave (I had been playing on this file for over a week, some 20 odd hours or so). This issue has not popped up with any other game I try to close, so I am fairly certain it is a CK3 issue and not some error on my console. I hope this issue can be traced and, subsequently, fixed because losing this amount of progress is simply unacceptable.

Thanks to any dev reading this and I hope you can solve this problem.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Closing the game can randomly cause this issue to occur. It happened twice since the console release and I have played almost every day.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Ben having the same issues. At first it was just my auto-save getting corrupted, managed to get around it by doing regual manual saving. Now my manual saves are getting corrupted after a certain point and my auto-saves seems to keep working fine(?!). The game is sadly unplayable in this state, I really hope they put effort in to fixing this since it's otherwise such a fun game. I have PSPlus, don't think that has anything to do with it tho.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Has anyone heard anything regarding this? From what I can tell it seems to be a widespread problem. At least give us some acknowledgement that this is being adressed please. I love this game and I just want to continue playing, but there is no point in starting up the game untill some fix for this is released.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I have tried on Iron Man and Regular. I can save fine and had multiple saves to try and prevent game data loss if it got corrupted again. But around 1400 or soo it begins to delete the saves instead of saving lol. I have gotten to far on multiple games for this to keep happening. They need to fix this or refund my money back to me because this game is unplayable at this current state. Never have I seen a game that wont let you save your progress lol.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I dont understand how there has been 3 games in this series and they can't get a simple task like being able to save properly. CK3 is unplayable until they fix this issue in the game. Should have never released this game if they knew it had bugs...

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I'm having the same issue. What year are you at in the game? It looks like people are having the issue in the 1230s (which is where I'm running into the issue) on the Xbox. It seems weird that something like an in-game year would cause the issue, but...

• 2Like
Reactions:
So todays update did not fix the problem.. Who the **** cares about UI updates when the game is unplayable?! Has a single person who bought this game ben able to finish it? I wonder if it's too late to apply for a refund...

• 2Like
Reactions:
So todays update did not fix the problem.. Who the **** cares about UI updates when the game is unplayable?! Has a single person who bought this game ben able to finish it? I wonder if it's too late to apply for a refund...
You can try it. I applied for refund in success. The customer service from PSN said it was not their issue and confirmed it was the single case of game, therefore, they made refund to me. I bought it on PSN TAIWAN.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I'm having the same issue. What year are you at in the game? It looks like people are having the issue in the 1230s (which is where I'm running into the issue) on the Xbox. It seems weird that something like an in-game year would cause the issue, but...
My first game had it happen around that date when I'd started in 945 or whenever the earlier start is and there was no way round it so I started a new game doing regular manual saves. This one was a 1066 start and I've got to around 1410 and it's happened again and I don't think it's rescuable! Playing on Xbox cloud gaming and I've now lost so many hours of play it's unreal. This needs fixing asap and shouldn't of been released with such a major issue

• 2Like
Reactions:
I started getting errors when exiting the game. It was in the 1200's.

Next time I start the game there were notifications that save files are corrupted.
I noticed save files started disappearing.

Now even my most recent autosave was corrupted and deleted. It got replaced by an autosave about 4 in game years earlier.

I deleted most of my manual saves to create space, but now I even can't make any new manual saves. And I can't even rely on the autosave...

This makes the game completely unplayable for me.

Did anyone manage to get a refund through the playstation store?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I started getting errors when exiting the game. It was in the 1200's.

Next time I start the game there were notifications that save files are corrupted.
I noticed save files started disappearing.

Now even my most recent autosave was corrupted and deleted. It got replaced by an autosave about 4 in game years earlier.

I deleted most of my manual saves to create space, but now I even can't make any new manual saves. And I can't even rely on the autosave...

This makes the game completely unplayable for me.

Did anyone manage to get a refund through the playstation store?
I got refund from PSN Taiwan.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I can confirm that I no longer own this game. I sincerely hope the good people over at paradox manages to figure out how get it working, it obviously should not have been released in its current state. It's still a great game tho.. If it worked.

• 5Like
Reactions: