• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kuroashi1998

Recruit
Apr 7, 2022
Short summary of your issue
CK3 Playstation 5 Save Data Corruption

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Paradox Launcher

What DLC do you have installed?
None

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Closing CK3 via regular means on the Playstation 5 sometimes causes the game to have trouble returning to the PS5 homescreen. After being stuck trying to close the game for a while, the game simply crashes and causes save data to corrupt. I had this happen on two occasions: the first time it did not have any effect on my save files, but the second time it completely deleted my most recent save file including the autosave (I had been playing on this file for over a week, some 20 odd hours or so). This issue has not popped up with any other game I try to close, so I am fairly certain it is a CK3 issue and not some error on my console. I hope this issue can be traced and, subsequently, fixed because losing this amount of progress is simply unacceptable.

Thanks to any dev reading this and I hope you can solve this problem.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Closing the game can randomly cause this issue to occur. It happened twice since the console release and I have played almost every day.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Short summary of your issue
CK3 Playstation 5 Save Data Corruption

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Paradox Launcher

What DLC do you have installed?
None

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
No

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Closing CK3 via regular means on the Playstation 5 sometimes causes the game to have trouble returning to the PS5 homescreen. After being stuck trying to close the game for a while, the game simply crashes and causes save data to corrupt. I had this happen on two occasions: the first time it did not have any effect on my save files, but the second time it completely deleted my most recent save file including the autosave (I had been playing on this file for over a week, some 20 odd hours or so). This issue has not popped up with any other game I try to close, so I am fairly certain it is a CK3 issue and not some error on my console. I hope this issue can be traced and, subsequently, fixed because losing this amount of progress is simply unacceptable.

Thanks to any dev reading this and I hope you can solve this problem.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Closing the game can randomly cause this issue to occur. It happened twice since the console release and I have played almost every day.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game

No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached
Game crashes/Save File Deletions

Version 1.0007

Ps5

PS5

None

No

N/A on PS

I had the most perfect start as Jarl Heasteinn you could ask for. Conquered Brittany and was moving to take more islands in the Mediterranean but after defeating Muslims warring with a county I defeated first when I went to ransom prisoners the game crashed.

I'm also STILL not getting full ransom amount agreed on. This is basic stuff. 182g ransom 3 people for 50g each I should have 332g the game decides to only give me 203g though for some reason. And I'm ransoming to different people so its not like they spent it. FIX THIS GAME! 3 months on console and I can't finish anything because it keeps crashing and files deleted

Also my ally armies are still getting confused as to where to go when I'm fighting. The arrow for them bounces between 2 points to move instead of them actually joining the fight

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
And for some reason playing as Prince Dox in Transylvania I'm unable to find Slav Vlachs to marry in for my troops. Could do it before the update now it seems there are NONE to get. Makes it 100 times harder to transition Transylvania to Vlach

Last edited:
Hey! Very sorry this issue is persisting, we have been passing on your reports and will continue to forward them to the rest of the team. The devs are working hard to resolve the save corruption. Thank you all for the reports, we will continue to work on this issue and make sure it's resolved as soon as possible.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I saw something in the patch notes about consoles handling larger savefiles. Could someone comment on whether or not the issue has ben resolved?
Here is the situation on my side:
1. The saving file before update, still comes the issue of broken. Besides, the auto saving is not available.
2. The new game saving after update, at the moment I am playing 10 hours with no saving issue.

However, I met an issue that always warning me the invalid file name when saving, no matter how I revised the file name. Now I need switch to another rulers to save my game.

By the way, anyone know how to delete specific saving file on PS5?

• 1Like
Reactions:
It is unresolved for me. The stability fixes certainly improved the game, my play through following the patch got me around 1350 where before I could not clear the 1200s, but in the end it did still crash and corrupt.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please can we have an update on this issue which has been ongoing for several months. There is little enjoyment playing the game when you know that the save file will corrupt at some point prior to the game end date. I am ignoring the numerous other glitches and issues with the PS5 version in the hope that these will be ironed out in time; however the issue with save file corruption is completely unacceptable considering this would have been picked up in testing. We have not had a formal response from Paradox nor from whoever was contracted to do this shoddy port in months. The game has been out on PS5 for quite some time and was not cheap to buy. Please can we have assurance that this will be resolved soon or I will seeking a refund from Sony; the game is in an unacceptable state currently considering how much better the experience is on PC.
Look forward to hearing further on this soon because I really like the game and was hoping to be able to play on console...
Thanks

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am surprised it’s still on the PS Store. That’s rough.
I did finish a game finally but it involved playing as a small kingdom the entire run. The stability improved with the last patch so that makes me feel they are getting there, but it crashes in the 1300s now.

lmao still a problem on xbox series x in goddamn december AFTER the first dlc release on console. literally wrote in depth about this issue in the bug forum and no replies. absolutely pathetic and has costed me tons of time. never buying anything from paradox again.

I fell for the temptation and bought the game a second time. I came to year 1106 before the autosave started getting corrupted again.. It's so sad that this is still a issue. I wonder if I can get another refund. -_-