• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting work and well written, indeed. And all the more for me since I've started an OE AAR as well. Problem is that religious matters have always been an utterly boring thing to me (never got past 1/10th of the bible for instance), which means I have trouble reading your work as well (I've not reached the end of first installment by now). So I wanted you to know that even if I'll certailny fail to catch up enough to comment often, I'll still lurk around. And use your hard work as a documentation in the process :rolleyes: . So keep up the good work, pretty please :D !

KuzuX - Thank you very much, hope you'll stick around for more. :)

Mettermrck - Yes I also found it very imperative that the ideological approach was introduced, both in order to see how big Islam actually got, and why I have grounds for my er... special cheating-rule... >_> <_< And of course, thanks for the compliment! ;)

coz1 - I can only say "thanks and bow" (damn, that really sounded stupid in Engilsh...). :) I am also impressed how quickly they would work their way across Africa and into Spain and even France. If not for Martel, we could have all been Moslems. I will leave the discussion if that would have been good or bad until later, or rather never... :)

stnylan - Great that you liked it, I really wanted people to rethink their view on Islam with those statements. Europeans take for granted that they have invented everything since they (we... I, whatever) used them when a lot of them were invented in the Far East or in the Middle East in reality. Hope you stick around to see the actual AAR begin as well. :)

Jordal - Thanks. :)

Bil-The-Frogg - I am sorry that the text might bore you, but as I mentioned above I find it very important to write about the Islamic history in a part-religious perspective since it naturally is a religion. :) It did not start as several Islamic nations, but a single body of Moslems. So that is why I chose to deal with it as I have done. I hope you will be able to push through all the installments until the AAR starts. I think you can, it's less religion involved than you might think, and personally I have not even read more than 1 whole page of the Bible, so... I'm not interested in religion in that way and that is why I don't want a religious debate... I just recap the religious events that led to the Ottomans' rise.

Well, now I probably should get to writing, I've been busy this weekend, but with school work done for the rest of the week almost completely, I am confident that a new installment should be up by the end of the week or during the weekend! Until then... Still got to write on my English AAR as well so that takes up time as well. :) Anyway, back to the books!

There is no problem with your choice. I find it very appropriate too. That's just not my cup of tea. I will go through it at my own pace though, don't worry about me. I just posted so that you can know you've an additional reader, albeit not very helpful... And there's the chance that I'll become more involved later in the AAR. :p

wohoo an Ottoman Empire case-study at the right time :eek:

im excited now :cool:

karp: check your PM's

Katapraktoi--Excellent work thus far. Few AARs get that in-depth historically, and it is always a pleasure to read one that doubles as a history lesson. I will follow this one.

wonderful AAR!

was actually wanting to learn about this time period and the forming of the arab state, but all the history books seemed too complex on the matter.

your story, short, concise and to the point, is just what i needed.

eager to hear about the crusades and the arrival of the turks.

I got to say wow! I really had no idea that I was awarded the writer of the week for this one, this is so fun! Thank you all for posting, I am getting behind schedule for my updates, but as I go along it is more difficult to find time for writing instead of studying now that school is back to normal again, I know that many others probably feel the same way. :) In any case, I'll be heading over to the general forum now, got to see and answer whatever questions pop up over there as well. Thanks again all, and I hope you stay tuned for the next update!

I remember reading through this when you first started...

And I swear I remember posting some compliments and encouragement...

But I do not see them here! So, anyway,... Good job! :D Very in depth and scholarly!

Rensslaer