• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
yes.

No.

/s

yes. maybe not so cheesy as in syndicate but there will definitely be cybernetically enhanced humans in the game.

/s

i made a new account here just to say:

THANK YOU PARADOX INTERACTIVE

after i heard what EA is doing to the game, i thought syndicate is dead.

No, thank you - this made my day.

/s

Tomorrow morning!

/s

I would. It's another lame boring one-of-ten-thousand cliche shooter out of factory. They could all just die instead of releasing 50 of those a year. Zero artistic value in each of them, zero progress in gaming industry too.

It's time for me to admit that I have been working on Syndicate for little over one year. During that time 33% of all bug reports came from me ;-)

After that I started at Paradox.

Paradox games and steamlined AAA titles are developed in a completely different way. I would guess that at least 75% of all content never makes it to the the final product in a AAA title. So what you see as a 10 h gameplay is at least 40 h gameplay, with 30 h that you will never see. You are not alone with that opinion though. The AI programmer for Syndicate said once on a friday beer "I don't understant you at the QA department... It's not like you are plaing the same game for 3 years... You are playing the same BROKEN game for 3 years!" :D

The thing about QA is not playing the game, though. It's breaking the game, being part of a creative process where you see your own and other ideas grow, reporting bugs, improving your own and other people routines, finding exploits and loopholes, writing documents and communicating issues to others... and everything else you can come up with to improve the quality of the game. So if anyone tells you that QA is dull because you are "playing the same game for 3 years" I dare to say that they have not been QA themselves... or they are not specially good at their work.

The better you are, the more time you will spend on improving the game instead of playing a broken game. I'm sure that this doesn't come to you as a surprise as you are one of our best Beta testers.

Saying that I have to admit that I indeed enjoy both playing and working with Paradox titles MUCH more than AAA titles. It was one of the major reasons why I quit my job at Starbreeze.