• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This sounds like it's going to be a strategy game just like the original Syndicate. Paradox really needs to get into the FPS market and make something like ArmA but have the same "good graphics" and learning curve as the AAA FPSes.

Why should they? FPS are a dime a dozen, and AAA in that genre just makes you lose money if you're not backed up by a huge marketing engine. Even then it's a gamble.

This sounds interesting, it sounds like it's gunna be like Syndicate (which everyone loved), but made by Paradox, so diplomacy will make more sense and it won't be sellout.

Thank you SO much Paradox Interactive, this is why I love your games.

This sounds like it's going to be a strategy game just like the original Syndicate. Paradox really needs to get into the FPS market and make something like ArmA but have the same "good graphics" and learning curve as the AAA FPSes.

Why? Paradox is known for strategy games, and thus makes and (mostly) publishes strategy games. My opinion on FPS is that if it's not free to play, and it's not called Deus Ex (which isn't a straight FPS anyway), then I might as well just play TF2.

No, just no.

Seriously...if this was ruined like that horrible Shadowrun (Thank god for the new kickstarter one!!) remake...I would...possible snap. And Paradox knows they don't want me to snap...I've been around too long...I know their secrets.

Cabal

I quite enjoy the fact that it was named 'Cartel' (as in "not Syndicate but..."). What other options were considered? Clearly it could also have been 'Trust', 'Combine' or even 'Conglomerate' :p

Jorjani also mentioned in his interview that "We were a little worried that the name [Cartel] had some drug connotations. . ."

I, as an English major, strongly propose that this game be named "Cabal."

"Cartel," with its negative drug connotations, is also a term limited to economics, defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "[After German kartell.] an agreement or association between two or more business houses for regulating output, fixing prices, etc." "Cabal" has stronger undertones of political and military intrigue, defined by Merriam-Webster as "the artifices and intrigues of a group of persons secretly united in a plot (as to overturn a government); also a group engaged in such artifices and intrigues."

Good point. But I still think "Cabal" would be the most evocative term for the, say we say, "extrajuridical maneuvering" (assassination, sabotage, retrieval, etc.) between corporate oligarchs.

Nono, it should be called "extrajuridical manoeuvring between corporate oligarchs" or EMBCO. That'll work with the PR department.
:D