• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If Kerberos fixes Sword of the Stars II some time very soon, then I would like to see their take on Cartel/NotSyndicate. It would be nice for them to continue to work with Paradox. If they can not fix their new game, then they might be too toxic to consider for another strategy title.

I might check out Fort Zombie because it seems like the gameplay might be similar.
I rather have them do NorthStar next.

This quote from the interview made my day: "The “feel” of the game is based in that 1980s concept of the mega-corps: OmniCorp in Robocop, for example. The giant corporation that is all-encompassing and evil, but thinks it is doing humanity a favour."

Oh yes, thank you Paradox! Where can I pre-order this game?

Can we expect a NotX-Com game after Cartel? Please? :D

Try out UFO: extraterrestrials. It is an indie I found at gamersgate. I played it and I would definitely call it a "Not-X-com game" ;)

Back to Cartel: I played the original syndicate back in the days of amiga 1200. Why do companies use old brand names for products that don't even belong to the same genre as the originals? Most of the people who have actually played the old games (and to them the words "syndicate" or "X-com" actually ring a bell) tend to dislike the modern incarnations. I am extremely pleased that I will get to play a true "spiritual" sequel to the syndicate series. Thx Paradox.

By the way, how about publishing a "not-fallout" game?:laugh:

You sure you played any of them on release? Or maybe you're suggesting all the countless patches from Paradox are placebo. ;-)

From what I have read in these forums, HoI3 on release was rather a disappointment. Personally, after playing the demo (and seeing how slowly the game run) I gave up on any thought of buying it. If Paradox could release a new demo, a demo of the game in it's current state, I would be more than happy to give it another try. Hmm, I think I will go to the HoI3 forum and post this request.
I got Rome the day it was released. I don't remember seeing any bugs...
Victoria 2 was stable and bug-free AFAIK. There were massive problems with how economy worked which ruined game experience for a lot of people (myself included), but I don't think that, technically, these could be called "bugs".

A top-down RTS involving mega-corporations?! If Peter Monoleux doesn't have an aneuryism (and if my computer can even handle it) I'd get it first day. I spent many 'a sixth grade computer class with DosBox and Syndicate.

So, who's developing it?

You mean, "rescued"?

Why the secrecy anyway. It's not like getting a name of this or that company will make a difference in the interest here.

Why the secrecy anyway. It's not like getting a name of this or that company will make a difference in the interest here.

Because it builds the suspense.

Try out UFO: extraterrestrials. It is an indie I found at gamersgate. I played it and I would definitely call it a "Not-X-com game" ;)

Back to Cartel: I played the original syndicate back in the days of amiga 1200. Why do companies use old brand names for products that don't even belong to the same genre as the originals? Most of the people who have actually played the old games (and to them the words "syndicate" or "X-com" actually ring a bell) tend to dislike the modern incarnations. I am extremely pleased that I will get to play a true "spiritual" sequel to the syndicate series. Thx Paradox.

By the way, how about publishing a "not-fallout" game?:laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufo_Alien_invasion

If Cartel will have as cool music as Sydicate, I will have to buy it :D

[video=youtube;MALDb0AApfs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MALDb0AApfs&feature=related[/video]

Warning: this track may come asinsane to everyone over 35 years old

I'm a teenager is it comes across as asanine. That crap really did make me feel like sandpaper was taken to my brain.

That tune is pretty oldschool actually, probably best suited for those over 30 :)

I'm a teenager is it comes across as asanine. That crap really did make me feel like sandpaper was taken to my brain.
Really? Skrillex is all the rage these days for people 15-25 I recon (I'm 20 and it is all the rage). Truth be told all dubstep is "all the rage", but I suppose Syndicate as a track is a bit too much techno?