• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(13374)

First Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
I am Italy and am neutral. I have completely conquered Greece and Yugoslavia but can annex neither. I can puppet but not annex. Hungarya nd Bulgaria on the other hand I annexed with no problems.... Anyone else get this? Can you fix it?

If you play HSR then you can NOT annex greece or yugoslavia. This has been
discussed before and is caused by two indian provinces belonging to greece and yugoslavia. HSR is a 'historical' mod and hence annexing of those countries is not allowed. You would have to conquer india aswell to annex them :)

Hope that helps,

coolschmid

dmlow said:
Thats retarded because doing that basically denies you the right to change history. The game isn't a reenactment... its supposed to me different from history

If you want to change history then go for a mod that hasn't got 'historical' in it's name ;) If you play the normal stony road then you can do whatever pleases you.

dmlow said:
... what other dumb rules like that are there?

Lotsa. Like denying germany the ability to build trs etc. Check the events files for surprises.

I only play this mod so i reserve the right to advise you to play any other mod if you don't like the 'historical stony road'. Go play stony pro or core or whatever pleases you. or even better, write your own mod.

regards,

coolschmid

This has already been explained but I'll do it again for you. This is primarily a German exploit prevention. If you play as Germany (which is what the Stony Road's are designed for I think) you can attack and wipe out both Yugo and Greece. If you are allowed to annex them then you will have the ability to build naval units in the Med. by deploying them from the force pool when built. Unless you control Gibraltor there is no way that Germany can deploy ships to the Med. The Stony folks decided to prevent the exploit by giving one 0 IC province from India to each nation. The obvious problem is that if you play a non-German you can't be ahistorical. Going to the extreme. Imagine you play as Poland and you run through the southern nations and conquer Yugo and Greece. The exploit would allow you to again build ships in the Med. which is wrong. Anyway, a mod is for the enjoyment of those playing. If you don't like what you see don't play it. Calling something you got for free retarded is petty and makes me think that you should turn the computer off and study for your math test.

Lifer

So in no way would germany ever be able to build ships in Med? hmmm... so Germany was/is able to build them in France but because you think it isnt fair you don't allow it? I ended up taking Bulgaria anyway so I still did it... and Albania.... its a POINTLESS thing.

I hadn't thought about that (deploying from France ports). Good point. Does the formation of Vichy cover the Med ports? That might prevent the Germans from deploying in the Med. Why don't you go to the HSR site and join the forums. You might be able to get some better insight to HSR decisions. Plus you might have something to add that gets included in the next release.

Lifer

dmlow said:
Thats retarded because doing that basically denies you the right to change history. The game isn't a reenactment... its supposed to me different from history... what other dumb rules like that are there?

I would greatly appreciate that people would think and read before talking so they do not simply insult for free when they do not know what they are talking about. As I said repeatedly before, there is a problem with HOI mechanics which allows deployment of new built units in any owned province. Using this HOI rule (which needs to be changed) you are able to deploy the whole Kriegsmarine in the Mediterranean after annexing Greece or Yugoslavia, without crossing Suez or Gibraltar. I do not need to say how unbalance and unrealistic this is for the Mediterranean front especially considering how week HOI is in naval warfare. So yes I had to make a decision which is not perfect historically but is the best way I could find to resemble history. What I mean is that I had to make something unrealistic to have a more overall realistic game and until we can find a different solution I am pretty happy with this one. I truly like and encourage constructive criticism because it will benefit as all, so please it would be nice to have more of these kind of critics and not easy sarcastic comments which I do not think will benefit anyone.

Lifer(Orig) said:
I hadn't thought about that (deploying from France ports). Good point. Does the formation of Vichy cover the Med ports? That might prevent the Germans from deploying in the Med. Why don't you go to the HSR site and join the forums. You might be able to get some better insight to HSR decisions. Plus you might have something to add that gets included in the next release.

Lifer

First thanks Lifer for your clarifications. Second, the French ports you will get are facing the Atlantic (unless you launch a mighty campaign against French colonies), and third indeed in HSR you can still try the exploit by annexing Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Italy or Spain, but then if you dow those countries you will get other negative effects so you will need to put in the balance what you will gain and what you will loose. Just as a comment the man power is very limiting in HSR so refusing available allies and conquering countries Mongolian style will be lethal.

bizkit said:
ok..
historically was there any reason for Germany to not to deploy ships from Greece to med. sea??

:D well I found it quite difficult to send the kriegsmarine from the german ports all the way to greece by land...

Aregorn said:
:D well I found it quite difficult to send the kriegsmarine from the german ports all the way to greece by land...
Although it has been done several times in real WW2.
There were at least some destroyers dismantled, transported by train and then reassembled at a new port.
But then you could start argumenting with Yugoslavian partisans destroying railroads etc.

So after all, it´s your mod, and it´s a very good one! :)

But I have to agree that it´s quite disturbing to see Balkans in India, and IMHO not worth the added realism. Isn´t there a way to handle that problem with events? Is it possible to lose ports in provinces?

Pal said:
Although it has been done several times in real WW2.
There were at least some destroyers dismantled, transported by train and then reassembled at a new port.
But then you could start argumenting with Yugoslavian partisans destroying railroads etc.

So after all, it´s your mod, and it´s a very good one! :)

But I have to agree that it´s quite disturbing to see Balkans in India, and IMHO not worth the added realism. Isn´t there a way to handle that problem with events? Is it possible to lose ports in provinces?

I know I do not like it much myself because it is not very tidy, but with my idea of what is more important I prefer to have a worthless with no impact Indian province as Greek rather than the deployment of the tirpitz and Bismarck in the Mediterranean which will for sure mean the end of the British Mediterranean fleet control of the region. Do you have a clue of the size of those BB to be transported by train? And I am not a naval engineer (smark 74 could be of help there) but I do not think it is as easy as disassemble the tipitz as if it was a tent in little transportable pieces and rebuild it even within month on the other side of the continent. The best would be IMO that Vulture or someone from Paradox (as we can not do it) allow new build deployments only in national provinces and not in all own provinces. The HOI programme differentiates both province types already so I do not think it would be too difficult.

maybe it will be better to give them very small islands in the pasific...so we almost wont even see them..and its very hard for german player to get to pasific with transports i think

Ok i see your point for including this province but you forget one thing. The creation of Croatia, i think thats the one. Maybe you should include an event that occurs when all of Yugoslavia proper is conquered to see if the Germans want to form this country. If they do then Croatia gains independance from Yugoslavia and germans still can't annex remaining portion.

jmschaub said:
Ok i see your point for including this province but you forget one thing. The creation of Croatia, i think thats the one. Maybe you should include an event that occurs when all of Yugoslavia proper is conquered to see if the Germans want to form this country. If they do then Croatia gains independance from Yugoslavia and germans still can't annex remaining portion.

What do you mean? in HSR there is no event for creating Croacia you should use the 105c new diplomatic option.

jmschaub said:
I saw an event come up when war was declared on Yugoslavia that asked if I would form Croatia. Of course this never came to be because i couldn't get to the point of Annexing

In HSR there is an event that triggers when you DOW Yugoslavia "advising" you only to grant Croatian independence, but you should do it your self, it is not done via event anymore as it was before because of the new diplomatic option given in HOI 105c.