• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to miss yesterday's session. Worse yet, I might have to miss next week's (4/21) session too. Right now it is too early to tell. I should have a better idea by tomorrow.

But even if I can't join next week, I think you should play anyway to keep the momentum going. The BK should be able to survive a decade or so without my shaky hand at the tiller.

April 14th

Sorry about last Tuesday guys. My PC crashed hard and my laptop is on its last leg so I was unable to get online to let you guys know I would be out. Good news is I got my PC running again and I'm ready to go for next Tuesday. Also, if we need to change the day of the week to so everyone can make it that's fine with me. Ken if you are busy next Tuesday is there another day during the week that might work?

Out on Tuesday 4/21

I definitely can't make it on Tuesday, 4/21. I could play Monday or Thursday of that week though.

I don't mind if you guys decide to play Tuesday without me. I think the BK will survive my absence and I think it is better to keep the game going rather than have a two-week hibernation.

Bad News

Sorry guys, I am still having PC problems. It seems to be a graphic card issue. Not sure how to fix it. The game has been locking up on me every time I start. I won't be able to make it today. Hopefully I can find a solution by next week.

No Problem

Sorry guys, I am still having PC problems. It seems to be a graphic card issue. Not sure how to fix it. The game has been locking up on me every time I start. I won't be able to make it today. Hopefully I can find a solution by next week.

Okay, no problem. I'm okay with continuing to play on tuesdays, as long as the Blackhawks don't have a playoff game that night. I'm a huge hockey fan.

GMT-5. Tuesdays, though that part might be changing to better accommodate everyone.

Oh yeah. I'd probably wouldn't be able to play til 6:30 then

Tomorrow

Can someone confirm that we are playing tomorrow? (Tues.)

I'm Here

I'm here and it's about 5:11 Central Time.

Last Save

Last Save

Attachments

• mp_Gaul535_09_17.rar
    1,1 MB · Views: 4
Game Next Week on Cinco de Mayo?

Shelt: How are you? Where are you? We (Pax, me, Erthain) tried to play tonight without you, but ran into file xfer problems. You seem to be the only person in the universe who can successfully host one of these games.

Do you think you will be able to play next week, Tuesday May 5th?

Apologies

Shelt: How are you? Where are you? We (Pax, me, Erthain) tried to play tonight without you, but ran into file xfer problems. You seem to be the only person in the universe who can successfully host one of these games.

Do you think you will be able to play next week, Tuesday May 5th?

I apologize, my PC is on its last leg and I can't afford a new one. 5 Years ago it was top of the line, now it is quickly becoming a very expensive paper weight. On a good day I can surf the internet and bring up Rome for a few minutes, sometimes longer. But I am at it's mercy.

I tell you what I will do. The game must go on. Next Tuesday (or sooner if you guys are available) I will attempt to log into the Metaserver and transfer the save game. That should give everyone my save and hopefully will work. The crazy thing is on any given day Rome can run for a couple of hours before my PC starts acting up again. I need a new video card, or some tech guy to come and troubleshoot my PC that would charge me a fortune for the trouble.

So like i said I will try and transfer the game between now and Tuesday and see if that works for you guys. If I still have to host then we might be in trouble as I am at the mercy of my PC. But I will be online Tuesday and we'll see if I can get the game to run Tuesday night.

Save File and Next Game

I'll pick up the save file and try to host a game with that. I hope you will be able to join and play, too.

I had the same trouble with my old PC and Paradox games. When eu3 came out, my old PC could not run it, so I just gave up on the newer Paradox games. But then I upgraded my video card and and memory and was able to play Rome and eu3. It's always a hard choice between the upgrade path and chucking the whole thing and buying a new pc, only to see it become obsolete in a few years too.

I'll pick up the save file and try to host a game with that. I hope you will be able to join and play, too.

I had the same trouble with my old PC and Paradox games. When eu3 came out, my old PC could not run it, so I just gave up on the newer Paradox games. But then I upgraded my video card and and memory and was able to play Rome and eu3. It's always a hard choice between the upgrade path and chucking the whole thing and buying a new pc, only to see it become obsolete in a few years too.

My video card is more than capable of running Rome, its just messing up. One of times it crashed and I went to a blue screen it identified a file called nv4_disp as the problem. I am not very tech savvy so I am not sure how to fix it.

Here lately i've been able to run the game for only 5 minutes or so before it freezes. Sometimes it will recover from the freeze and resume for another few minutes only to freeze again. Usually the second freeze lasts longer. Whether it would resume again I don't know.

Its at this point I go into a blind rage and manually shut my PC down. Then comes the flurry of obscenities in which I curse the computer for a good couple of minutes. Then a few hours later, sometimes the next day, I turn the PC back on to start this cycle all over again.

I have been making progress on my own single player campaign though, one autosave at a time. It's so sad, having an arguement with an inanimate object. My wife just rolls her eyes. Somebody help me, lol.