• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by SykoNurse
yep you´re right, he´s in as head of government, but this position doesn´t seem to have a picture.
maybe he could be something else also, so you do not only have these shadowy fellows.
Well you can't just put them in to fill out the cabinet....

Originally posted by Generalisimo
not right now... i have to study for an exam an finish my work on the AIs.
posibly by the end of the next week... so if you want to start coding...

:D
I don't have time. I have an insane amount of work and things to study. I can do "design" work but coding takes too much time to be able to do at work, and at home I have to research stuff which pretty much takes up all my time. Who do you think looked up things like fascist shadows for Ethiopia and Albania? :)

Originally posted by Aetius
I don't have time. I have an insane amount of work and things to study. I can do "design" work but coding takes too much time to be able to do at work, and at home I have to research stuff which pretty much takes up all my time. Who do you think looked up things like fascist shadows for Ethiopia and Albania? :)
ok, so don't bother, just put the info, i will do it the next week.

:D

PTT10.jpg

Blatengeta Lorenzo Taezaz
After Ethiopia's liberation in 1941, he was appointed Minister
for Foreign Affairs (1941-1943) in addition to numerous other things he did for his country.

ya, spamming in the name of the Lion of Judah....

---edit---
yup :D

Last edited:
Re: Foreign minister
I thought that Aklilu Haptewold was foreign minister after the Italian occupation (aka Teshafi Teezaz Aklilu Haptewold, but "Teshafi Teezaz" is honorific title)

Re: General
You can't just take the all of the people with the title "Ras" and make them generals. There are hundreds of them. Ras means Prince or King. Some of these never commanded an army. If you are going to use them find which unit it was and if it was a division level unit. Then you have to use their "real" names "Le’ul Ras" I believe means beloved Prince or like, so Kassa Hailu would be the same in that case (unless it also contains a title). Now in this case I know Kassa Hailu was a military leader ;)

The top commanders (I have found so far) were:
Kassa Hailu
Seyum Mengasha
Desta Damtew

"medium level" commanders
Imiru Haile Selassie
Getachew (don't have surname)
Mulugueta (don't have surname)

Lower level commaders
Asfa Wossen Haile Sellassie (Amha's name prior to rule)
Yohannes Iyasu
Mengasha Yilma
Abebe Aregai
Balcha Saffo
Belai Zelleke
Wond Wossen Kassa
Abera Kassa
Asfa Wossen Kassa

Last edited:
I can´t say for sure who the foreign minister was, stated my source in the post above...

I didn´t want to make all the Ras´ to Generals but help sorting them. If you find a military Ras Thingummyrobert he´d have the rank of a Lt.-General (as long as HIM is in the field). Exceptions are obvious, first two of them even in the respective post.

Now in this case I know Kassa Hailu was a military leader
same goes for Seyoum, one source says he was a Guerilla leader, next says Field marshal. Guess he would be as top level as you have him.

Couldn´t see there was work in progress for Ethiopia and just tried to add to the cause... shweet to see you got such an extensive list there! :)

Oh and Aetius, I love your sig!

same goes for Seyoum, one source says he was a Guerilla leader, next says Field marshal. Guess he would be as top level as you have him.

Couldn´t see there was work in progress for Ethiopia and just tried to add to the cause... shweet to see you got such an extensive list there! :)
I didn't won't to discourage you, but you must be careful :) I think Thailand and Croatia for instance had probably 200 or so Field Marshals between them. Now Japan on the hand never has a Field Marshal in command of anything, since it was honorary title. My list was just something I put together so there would be some default leaders.
Oh and Aetius, I love your sig!

no chance so far 8)

I just sent a mail to a guy recommended by the Institute for Ethiopian studies at the University of Hamburg regarding the cabinet and military leaders... maybe I can dig up some more...

What would be very good would be to have a list of Fascist and Communist minister candidates. The Fascists should be quite easy (relatively speaking): get the collaborators. The Communists are a bit more difficult since I don't think they were around at this time.

1 May 1936 - 1942 Wolde Tzaddick

seems to have been Prime Minister (before Endelkacew)
that information is from

here and here

Blatangueta Hirui according to this source was ethiopian foreign Minister till his death in 37

Wolde Tsadiq Goshu according to this source
Pres of the Senate, Min of the Interior , Min of Agriculture, +(killed by the Italians and later presumably thrown out of a plane) 1936
maybe he should replace Blatangueta Hirui as Security guy in the game...

Mengesha Yilma, Dir of the War Ministry, +(killed in action) 1936
(same source)
on this page also is a good explanation and overview of the titles
(civil and military)

Unfortunately the guy I wrote to didn´t answer. Did a little research on his name, seems to be a big time scholar of the State Department...in that case he´s probably to busy to care...::sighs::

Here I found a nice and somewhat deeper description of the Italian-Ethiopian war, even including a few military leaders´names.

Last edited:
@Aetius:
i got a problem with this ethiopian events:

[Ethiopian event]
Ethiopian Freedom Fighters
->Trigger: Random, no Italian Garrison, No Ethiopian Puppet as above, 1 event per Ethiopian province
-->Ok (Create a militia unit, liberate a single province, triggers "Ethiopian Revolt")

[Italy event]
Ethiopian Revolt
->Trigger: "Ethiopian Freedom Fighters"
-->Ok

they trigger all the time as soon as there is no garrison in one province...
i put an "offset = 30" but nothing...
i give a "random = 1" but nothing...
i put "random = yes" but the event never seems to trigger...
do you have any suggestion?
maybe waiting until the italians are at war? but that will help them loose more quick... :(
by now, the events are working, but you have a revolution almost every 2 months ... :(

Asmara

In 1942 the US installed a military radio receiving and transmitting facility in Asmara, theKagnew Station.

the US rented that area. maybe Ethiopia could be rewarded this way for surviving that long by gaining 1 IC in Asmara (only if owned of course AND the facility is installed).
the US would have to spend supplies and get intelligence reports from Asmara, the surrounding provinces and the Red Sea.

would that be possible?

talked to Aetius, who mentioned the infrastructure of Ethiopia could/should be lowered to have the Italians slowed down a little and give the Lion a little support indirectly. (more Tech seemed inappropriate as long as there are no actual pre-war techs)

Generalisimo,

I think random = yes wouldn't work well for this, but random = 1 should be ok. Did you try comparing them to one of the revolt events in comchi.txt? They work ok...

Originally posted by Steel
Generalisimo,

I think random = yes wouldn't work well for this, but random = 1 should be ok. Did you try comparing them to one of the revolt events in comchi.txt? They work ok...
yes, i take the "random = 1" from there, but i got a rebelion playing with Italy as soon as i don't put an army in one of those provinces :( (well not exactly "as soon as", but one week after more or less )
the "random = yes" doesn't work, i have tested it :(

i will keep testing it, the last time, it took more than before to start the rebellion :D