• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, ladies and gentlemen...
This is the moment we've all been waiting for!
The last update to the Mega-Campaign!

Before I begin I have a few things to take care of:

Firstly, I'd like to thank all of you for reading! Since this idea spawned from Moldau and Bulgaria to its culmination tonight, you guys have followed, and I send you my well-earned thanks.

Secondly, I'd like to thank billy bob, Grundius and Dead Williams for trying to beat the unstoppable juggernaught that is the amount of time I spend playing computer games. You guys all gave it your best...

So, before I start acting like a Miss America winner, here is the final update:

January 1, 1945 - December 31, 1948 (Another year, who knew?!)

ScreenSave0.jpg

ScreenSave1.jpg

Konstantinopolis - August 2nd, 1945

Today began like so many other days for Otto II Dukas, Kaiser of the Byzantine Empire. His wife mulled around with their two children, Alfred and Selina. Otto was ordering the invasion of the three neo-chinese nations that bordered the Empire to the east of Persia. There was little to it, one by one the little nations fell to the Byzantine juggernaught. It wasn't realy an invasion as much as a live-fire practice for Byzantine ground troops. The three nations had no choice but to be annexed into the Byzantine Empire. With that off of his mind, Otto went back to being a father first, something he could have never saw himself doing only a few years ago. His brother, Karl was there. Karl was still unmarried and living quite happily alone in Luxemburg.

"What is your next move brother?" Karl asked.

"I think Peru needs to be taken... our domination of the western hemisphere will be complete."

"Thousands of troops will die in the jungers from God knows how many tropical diseases!"

"Something I understand. But we will show them true power!"

"You're not actually thinking..." Otto nodded, confirming Karl's fears, "You can't use that weapon on Cuzco, there are women and children there!"

"Were there not women and children in Warsaw? This is just water under the bridge, brother. The bomb is already on a boat headed to Neuitalien (Argentina). We'll level Cuzco, and the war will be over. Even those damned pagan understand the power of total enihilation... they are not stupid..."

"You are so okay with this you say it this calmly in front of your children?!"

"A bomb is a bomb whether it kills twenty or twenty-thousand...."

"What about two-hundred thousand."

"A mere statistic. But think of it this way Karl, I can kill two-hundred thousand before they can even feel it, or I can fire bomb the entire city to ashes. Is that what you want? Burn victims and orphans? Fires that rage for days and weeks killing off children as it lights up their houses and rooms? Nay, I say send them all to hell in a raging sun and let Satan sort them out."

"All this for Argentina?!"

"All this for the honor of the Dukas'. This ends before the decade is out. Hear me on this!"

"And where shall your conquests end?! Where Otto! The moon, Mars, some other galaxy?!"

"Maybe... with time we shall find that out, but for now... let us take this planet, and make it ours. 'Terra Byzantium' the Empire of all man-kind.... I like the sound of that. How about you?"

"Despicable. Just because you have the power to, doesn't mean you should! This is not what Adolph I wanted when he made this Empire!"

"But, alas, I am the heir to Adolph I, and thus I shall decide what is right and what is wrong for the Empire. I am going to go down as the greatest Emperor since Adolph I, and I shall be the one and only ruler of man-kind!"

"If it be God's will, may you achieve it. But remember, Otto, you are not God quite yet."

Karl left the palace storming through the doors. Otto watched him without much notice and turned back to his wife, "There is one in every family." She forced a smile, and turned back to her two young children. Alfred could barely talk now, gabbling out words in a stutter.

"Say 'mommy'."

"M-m-m-oomy! Moomy!" Otto's wife turned around a saw that Otto had "Moomy", a stuffed cow that had been give to them by a subject after Alfred's birth. Otto dangled it in front of Alfred who reached up for it. The small child grabbed it and hugged it so that the noise-box inside would go off and the cow'd moo. The baby gleamed at his parents, totally unaware that he was the second most important person in the entire Empire. Selina giggled as the cow mooed, again, and she reached for it. Alfred gave it up and watched. The wife sighed and thought to herself, 'At least he won't be another Otto...'

ScreenSave4.jpg

October 2nd, 1947

Byzantine troops began marching through think jungles and mountains to get at the Peruvian Empire, with its capital deep in the mountains of the old Incan Empire. The fighting would last one long year, and whole divisions would be lost in the mountains, swallowed up by the curse of the Inca. Despite such horendous losses in Colombia and intial defeats of poorly armed Byzantine troops. The sheer number of troops the Byzantine could afford to throw at the Peruvians, eventually over whelmed and destroyed the great communist paridise. The date of annexation of Peru was December 31, 1948...

ScreenSave2.jpg

ScreenSave3.jpg

ScreenSave8.jpg

ScreenSave9.jpg

ScreenSave10.jpg

ScreenSave18.jpg

Aftermath:
After the "Great Victory" over Peru, Byzantium took full control of the Commonwealth. National boarders were taken down to create this idea of "Terra Byzantium." By the end of 1949, all of Africa was under Byzantine control. By the end of 1953, all fo Asia was under Byzantine control. The first men into space were Ihrito Gama, a priest and pilot from Japan, and Eugens von Darmstadt, a German nuclear physist; this was on June 9th, 1952. On January 8th, 1955 Johannes von Luxemburg became the first man on the moon. A small scientific colony was set up there in the sixties... that grew into a thriving colony. The first men on Mars arrived there on August 26th, 1998. The first 'Martian' was born on September 1, 2012, her name was Terra....

And so ends my great tale of Byzantium, from her re-birth under the rule of the Dukas' to her growth into a world-spaning Empire. Her future is left to be told, and until I can do so I let your imaginations run wild. May Byzantium live forever...

-Mr.C

FullMapFinal.jpg

Hip hip! Hooray! Hip hip Hooray! Hip hip! Hooray!

Well done Mr. C it has been a thrilling ride and well *sniff* ill be sad to see the end of it.
On the upside it means you are free to do another one!

yay!

Congratulations!
This megacampaign a really great accomplishment...

So with what nation are you gonna megacampaigning next? ;)

great show! fantastic I love the purple!

Very nice! An alliance WC. :D

Thank you all very much! God it was quite some run. My IC was in the range of 9,000... and no more mega-campaigns for some time. I have to get another game to play before jumping back into Paradox games... I never though it'd be possible but here I am, no re-loads... nothing. God, but at the end the Empire was chewing up coal like no other... I don't think there was enough coal in the world to keep a good stock.... even with me trading tons of oil for coal on the markets. I just had to bear with my IC being halved when the Coal reserves finally gave out. But by then, I was done building and done researching...
What was it, like 972 years or something? :eek:

That is a longgggg time.

lol, you should've had the empire eventually collapse where it exhausted its natural resources. Would've been a bitch of an ending. :p

You mean lucky there are no revolts...image the chinese nationalism you would have had in Vicky lol

Lord Boreal said:
You mean lucky there are no revolts...image the chinese nationalism you would have had in Vicky lol
I would have crushed the revolts, so it would have been more entertaining. But yes, Chinese nationalism would have really sucked.

I'll have to design an avatar if the Admins and Mods actaully let me have one (I doubt it though...). But I can dream.

I reckons you deserve one for this smashing epic saga of Byzantine rule :D

:d

Mr. Capiatlist said:
What face is that anyway? :wacko:

Licking one´s nose? :)

Mr. Capiatlist said:
I prefer just the skull over "Supah Techy," but what do you guys think?

The skull is better.