• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is great, however the UI presentation of buildings needs to be completely reorganized In identifiable categories (like, happyness,military, growth, development...). it's too cluttered in those preview screenshots. Maybe add a toggable screen like EU4 ?

yes please, the current UI is awful. Looks like an amateur indie game. A displayable window like in EU4 or something would be way better. One click and you can get a big screen of all the buildings, clearly see how many you have and see each type, and their effects.

If you dont want to go through all that, you can always use the macrobuilder.

yes please, the current UI is awful. Looks like an amateur indie game. A displayable window like in EU4 or something would be way better. One click and you can get a big screen of all the buildings, clearly see how many you have and see each type, and their effects.

If you dont want to go through all that, you can always use the macrobuilder.
+1
This! The entire province/city UI needs to be improved, so much information mixed together really makes it hard to get a good picture of all things. An extra bigger display Window would also allow you to make the little building Artworks bigger and more beautiful to look at. (Yeah i care for all this little aesthetic things, maybe even add unique building art depending on culture/tag down the line ;))

+1
This! The entire province/city UI needs to be improved, so much information mixed together really makes it hard to get a good picture of all things. An extra bigger display Window would also allow you to make the little building Artworks bigger and more beautiful to look at. (Yeah i care for all this little aesthetic things, maybe even add unique building art depending on culture/tag down the line ;))

Yea, Its an improvement from 1.0, but I feel like there is too much info put together. Buildings, could go in another displayable window, just like when you click on pops which opens another big window with all the info.

I would just like to say, "Thank you" to all of the players who complained/are complaining — in a constructive way. [And to the Imperator PDS team for listening.]

seems to me very centered in rome, some buildings existed in a few places, like gym, and it will be possible to do theater with Saka or Dahae, I would leave a maximum of 9, there are many cities (an automatic construction mechanic linked to the governors of the provinces helped (Generic) constructions I think better, and would put more as I come DLCs focused on a culture, there would add for example a specific construction for distinct cultures, these constructions look good in a Roman world, but I do not think they fit for other It does not seem to me that buildings like aqueducts, theaters, libraries would fall well into northern barbarian factions.

seems to me very centered in rome, some buildings existed in a few places, like gym, and it will be possible to do theater with Saka or Dahae, I would leave a maximum of 9, there are many cities (an automatic construction mechanic linked to the governors of the provinces helped (Generic) constructions I think better, and would put more as I come DLCs focused on a culture, there would add for example a specific construction for distinct cultures, these constructions look good in a Roman world, but I do not think they fit for other It does not seem to me that buildings like aqueducts, theaters, libraries would fall well into northern barbarian factions.
It would be nice if some buildings were culture-specific, also that civilisation level determines the possibility to build or not the most complex ones (like aqueducts) , etc

Last edited:
It would be nice if some buildings were culture-specific, that civilisation level determines the possibility to build or not the most complex ones (like aqueducts) , etc
Yes there must be culture lock and/or civilization level requirements. Germanic barbarian tribes should not have libraries and aqueducts. As for theatres, that reminds me of the show Norsemen when the Roman slave tries to teach the Vikings some dramatic arts (much, much later than the time period in this game).

I would just like to say, "Thank you" to all of the players who complained/are complaining — in a constructive way. [And to the Imperator PDS team for listening.]

This, one reason why I still love PDX games is the feedback they take and take it to heart. Sure the game wasn't a great launch but with v1.1 I cannot stop playing it and with v1.2, I mind as well uninstall every other game.

These new buildings will add more depth into the game which I for one am looking forward to.

If the timeline is expanded in DLC, would be cool to have a vigiles mechanic with fire and crime fighting, conflagration rate affected by density of buildings, loyalty of governor, unrest. That kind of thing. A bit like crime and deviancy in Stellaris.

You could have not only buildings constructed (as someone else suggested) but brigades formed by aediles and those controlled by you, as conflict between Egnatius Rufus and Augustus illustrates.

Last edited:
Another complaint about Imperator have been the lack of variation and flavour among the buildings you can build in a city, where we had 4 different ones. In Cicero there will be 15 different ones, working like before, with the amount of population being the primary deciding how many building-levels you can have in a city. Each building can be built multiple times if you so desire, just like before.

• Training Camps +10% Manpower
  • Fortress +1 Fort Level
  • Barracks +20% Defensiveness, +20% Supply Limit
  • Foundry +5% Starting Experience, +10 Recruit/Build Speed.
  • Marketplace +33% Commerce Income from City
  • Town Hall +10% Tax Income
  • Court +2% City Monthly Loyalty
  • Academy +2.5% Research Points, +0.5% Monthly Pop Promotion
  • Temple +2% Same Religion Happiness, +0.5% Monthly Pop Conversion
  • Granary +5 Population Capacity
  • Library +2% Citizen Happiness, +2% Citizen Output
  • Forum +2% Freemen Happiness, +2% Freemen Output
  • Workshop +2% Slave Happiness, +2% Slave Output
  • Theatre +2% Same Culture Happiness, +0.5% Monthly Pop Assimilation
  • Aqueduct +1% Population Growth, +0.5 Migration Attraction

Tedious micromanagement :(

In practice

- Build Marketplace and Academy in Capital, possibly Granary
- Training camps or Town Halls in same culture cities
- Temples and Theatres elsewhere

Tedious micromanagement :(

In practice

- Build Marketplace and Academy in Capital, possibly Granary
- Training camps or Town Halls in same culture cities
- Temples and Theatres elsewhere
You know that in your non-tedious practical list you mentioned 7 out of 15 buildings (nearly 50%) that you yourself obviously are going to use? ;)

I do hope that it's possible to build individual gigantic cities just for the novelty factor, it's certainly possible ingame at the moment to get arbitrarily high population caps but since the only way pop moves is through paying civic power or enslavement there isn't really a great way to take advantage of it other than through constant warfare.

As it stands there is another way, Step 1, be or become a migratory tribe, Step 2 Conquer a province, Step 3, implement centralization policy. Step 4 wait for the population of the provincial capital to be at least 21 pops. Step 5 begin migration on the provincial capital and settle the 20 pops in your empire capital. Repeat. It only costs you stability. But this way you can build an empire of paper-thin provincial cities with a ridiculously large capital.