• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The temple issue seems rather more complex. For me the issue is in 769 for all european non-norse pagans - i.e. Slavic, Germanic, Ugric, Baltic and all the east european ones. Tengri have actually the correct sprite. Celtic also have correct because they are already Christians (see below)

The issue seems to "fix itself" when
christianity takes over... i.e. Celtic have the correct temple from start, Western Slavic get fixed by christianization, etc
OR
culture changes - East Slavic get fixed by changing to Russian culture

Futher funny behavior:
Bohemian and Slovien are both Western Slavic and have the issue with having the Castle instead of Temple - it should be the wooden "Norse" temple by definition.
As soon as they are christianized they get the Norse temple sprite.
when Bohemian culture changes to Czech.... the temple changes to the gothic western-style stone church irrespective of the religion
Since I'm the one that changed our holding portraits I'll look into this, though it'll be a bit (read: after Christmas). In all likelihood it's caused by a mismatch between some culturalgfx/religiongfx changes. If I recall correctly, when the game can't find the holding/culturalgfx/religiongfx combination in the definition file it defaults back to the holding/culturalgfx combination and, if it can't find that, the stone castle graphic. There are probably just a couple missing or typo-ed definitions in the file.

Since I'm the one that changed our holding portraits I'll look into this, though it'll be a bit (read: after Christmas). In all likelihood it's caused by a mismatch between some culturalgfx/religiongfx changes. If I recall correctly, when the game can't find the holding/culturalgfx/religiongfx combination in the definition file it defaults back to the holding/culturalgfx combination and, if it can't find that, the stone castle graphic. There are probably just a couple missing or typo-ed definitions in the file.
Changing the below in 00_pagan_group.txt (religion definition) seems to have fixed it. At least cant find any broken temple sprites on the map anymore.

pagan_group = {
has_coa_on_barony_only = yes
graphical_culture = pagangfx norsegfx

The alternative would probably be to completely redefine the sprites in province.gfx

• 1Like
Reactions:
Changing the below in 00_pagan_group.txt (religion definition) seems to have fixed it. At least cant find any broken temple sprites on the map anymore.

pagan_group = {
has_coa_on_barony_only = yes
graphical_culture = pagangfx norsegfx

The alternative would probably be to completely redefine the sprites in province.gfx
Yep that's what I thought. I'll see if I can do the latter in the GitHub version tonight. If I can't get to it tonight, it'll be after Christmas unless @Whizzer does it because I'm in the middle of moving 1,000 miles away from where I currently live

• 1Like
Reactions:
You guys see this community patch mod?

You guys see this community patch mod?

Yes. Have you seen this one?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello, I am playing with CK2+, Clean Slate, Performance by Trexeth. Both game and the mods are up to date.
The problem is AI literally refuses to declare war on anyone. I played for 50 years and there has been no wars expect rebellions, event driven ones and those i waged. Vikings are not attacking little English lords when they have cb and army to do, in example. Umayyads and Asturias not fighting, same with Byzantines and Abbasids. Nomads and vikings continue to pillage random places though.
I don't think problem is within the base game, because AGOT mod works fine. (AI attacking each other or me). Also i play AGOT with Performance mod and there is no issue with it.
Is there a way to fix this like increasing AI aggression, or one of the mods bugged the game maybe?
Thanks

• 2Like
Reactions:
ck2_3.png

About the ''no wars expect revolts and event driven ones'' problem

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello, I am playing with CK2+, Clean Slate, Performance by Trexeth. Both game and the mods are up to date.
The problem is AI literally refuses to declare war on anyone. I played for 50 years and there has been no wars expect rebellions, event driven ones and those i waged. Vikings are not attacking little English lords when they have cb and army to do, in example. Umayyads and Asturias not fighting, same with Byzantines and Abbasids. Nomads and vikings continue to pillage random places though.
I don't think problem is within the base game, because AGOT mod works fine. (AI attacking each other or me). Also i play AGOT with Performance mod and there is no issue with it.
Is there a way to fix this like increasing AI aggression, or one of the mods bugged the game maybe?
Thanks

About the ''no wars expect revolts and event driven ones'' problem

Both should be fixed with yesterday's update.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Seems that the plot to seize a trade post as a republic is missing some text.
View attachment 972979

That's a hardcoded vanilla bug. Paradox confused this trigger's tooltip with another trigger's tooltip, so there's nothing we can do to fix this. We could, however, add a custom tooltip on top of this.

Edit: This is actually a CleanSlate experiment to fix another tooltip that Paradox broke with patch 2.8, that didn't work, and I forgot to reverse. Fixed for the next update.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A few weeks ago I had an issue in CK2 Plus. Playing as Kingdom of Asturias gained all requierments to convert to Kingdom of Leon. When I've done it through the tab of decisions (intrigues) I found church of Leon became autocephalous. No appropriate reason for that. Any thoughts when it will be fixed? Will be happy to get your replies. Ready to send images of bug and other stuff on request.