• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Elminister

Second Lieutenant
75 Badges
Sep 8, 2017
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Just posting a few bugs I've seen so far in a few minutes of playing the latest alpha release.
Screenshot (27).png

First all empires are still there despite having the rule for only the ERE and HRE being able to exist active.

Screenshot (26)_LI.jpg
This rule is missing it's localization

Screenshot (28)_LI.jpg

Something is up with the opinion penalties between the Chalcedonian rites.

Screenshot (29).png

I crash when I select this province and character in the 769 start.

Only mods are clean slate and the latest Alpha as instructed on the download post.

Reactions:
Thanks for your report. Most of these have already been fixed locally. I can't reproduce the crash, so it might have been a side effect of some other issue. As for the opinion penalties, it's a visual glitch that we can't fix, but the opinion penalty itself is applied properly.

Hold a Grand Tournament is unavailable despite all the conditions were fulfill
1625300472615.png

Should all technologies be zero?
1625298497095.png

Little space for character inscriptions
1625298367798.png

Last lines of description go to the button
1625297448606.png

And something strange with marriage for my children, there is no women/child with my culture or/and religion despite the fact that they are exist.

Attachments

• 1625297715816.png
    1625297715816.png
    4,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
Hold a Grand Tournament is unavailable despite all the conditions were fulfill

Identified and fixed the issue, thanks for the report!

Should all technologies be zero?

Already fixed in development builds.

Little space for character inscriptions
Last lines of description go to the button

Hard to do something about, and not very high priority, but we'll try to figure something out.

Emperor Konstantinos V is not iconoclast from start

Check his traits.

And something strange with marriage for my children, there is no women/child with my culture or/and religion despite the fact that they are exist.

I'll need more information on this.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The gates are shut but decision is still visible
1625314388366.png

I'll need more information on this.

In the first decades I tried to marry my children (adult), but in list only not greek and not chalcedonian women. Even when I present debutante she is not available for marrying my children.
1625314774231.png
1625314927628.png

But some decades later it seems O.K.

Attachments

• 1625315152454.png
    1625315152454.png
    4,9 MB · Views: 0
The gates are shut but decision is still visible

Likely the same cause as the Tournament decision. We'll push an update with a fix soon.

In the first decades I tried to marry my children (adult), but in list only not greek and not chalcedonian women. Even when I present debutante she is not available for marrying my children.

But some decades later it seems O.K.

That is odd, especially if it clears up later on. Looks we'll have some blind testing ahead of us.

Reactions:
Pope and Patriarch has uncrowned trait
1625346003844.png

This is not displaying correctly, I suppose
1625379502271.png

And...nothing happening on 2'nd time
1625380168906.png

And the game is not notify me when my wife is pregnant

Last edited:
Pope and Patriarch has uncrowned trait
This is not displaying correctly, I suppose

These have been fixed.

And...nothing happening on 2'nd time
And the game is not notify me when my wife is pregnant

These two, especially the first, are more intricate and will take more time to fix.

Thanks for your reports!

Edit: Fixed the pregnancy notification events too!

Last edited:
I can't declare war on Venice, Tunis even though they are not my religion. But I can declare grand conquest in Spain. Something with sea provinces, I think. And duchy of Mallorca became independent after my ruller's death, I think that the game think's it's exclave (I had no another provinces in Spain).
Edit: but with a claim I can declare war on Venice
1625494182974.png

And....I love this game for strange, interesting and unreal moments, but...I think it's too much. Son of the Emperor of China conquered on holy war west of Africa.
1625494804776.png

1625494849751.png

O.K. If iconoclasm is just a trait, why I can see this?
1625509138181.png

They won and I can declare holy war
1625509547290.png

Imperial diadem for king?
1625511163086.png

I just restored Roman Empire. It was less stable than the Soviet Union and collapsed without even being created.
1625512465766.png

And something strange with succession elections, I can't vote for my 2 of 3 sons. They have negative traits(clubfooted and ugly), is this the cause?
Edit: 2nd son (ugly) appeared in list of successors but not 1'st.

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I can't declare war on Venice, Tunis even though they are not my religion. But I can declare grand conquest in Spain. Something with sea provinces, I think. And duchy of Mallorca became independent after my ruller's death, I think that the game think's it's exclave (I had no another provinces in Spain).
Edit: but with a claim I can declare war on Venice View attachment 737440

And....I love this game for strange, interesting and unreal moments, but...I think it's too much. Son of the Emperor of China conquered on holy war west of Africa.
View attachment 737442
View attachment 737443

View attachment 737560

They won and I can declare holy war
View attachment 737565

Imperial diadem for king?View attachment 737577

I just restored Roman Empire. It was less stable than the Soviet Union and collapsed without even being created.
View attachment 737581

And something strange with succession elections, I can't vote for my 2 of 3 sons. They have negative traits(clubfooted and ugly), is this the cause?
The Ghost of Augustus Clearly Hates you

Strange government types when I just loaded the alpha & bugfix branch from Github. HRE was nomadic, and everything was erratic all over the map. And, some counties in Europe did not have history. This was starting in 1186 bookmark.

Do I need to run cleanslate with the mod?

Also, many landed titles are duplicated and it says their is a bracket error line 100 in 00_religions. these seem related to replace path in mod file perhaps?

Last edited:
Strange government types when I just loaded the alpha & bugfix branch from Github. HRE was nomadic, and everything was erratic all over the map. And, some counties in Europe did not have history. This was starting in 1186 bookmark.

Do I need to run cleanslate with the mod?

Also, many landed titles are duplicated and it says their is a bracket error line 100 in 00_religions. these seem related to replace path in mod file perhaps?
As mentioned in the releases and the steam workshop, Yes cleanslate is required.

Reactions:
Noticed these in error log repeating a lot.

[triggerimplementation.cpp:6550]: Script Assert! assert: "pTargetChar->IsValid() && pOpinionChar->IsValid()", type: "none", location: " file: events/base_married_life_events.txt line: 2824"
[triggerimplementation.cpp:14341]: Script Assert! assert: "Scope.GetLandedTitle()->IsValid() && "Wrong Scope in CIsTitularTitleTrigger!"", type: "none", location: " file: common/scripted_triggers/00_title_triggers.txt line: 21"

(Not sure if CleanSlate or ck2+) this is on bugfixing branch for both clean and +

Edit: Got some more reports. Chalcedonian faith is getting cardinals, but does not have a college of cardinal "button" on the interface. Secondly, I have a duplicated regent title, it came up around a year or so ago in game. (I conquered my second county in 451). 3rd, there is a special character not appearing right for this dynasty.

20210709112629_1.jpg

Last edited:
I can second the title search crash. Also, peasants are getting agnatic elective succession, and the elector vote and such is not working. Also, the Palatinate title was created by a Finnish chief, which seems like a bug.

20210710121516_1.jpg20210710135138_1.jpg

Thanks once again for all the reports. Keep the coming. We'll update both CleanSlate and Plus shortly, with fixes for everything we could fix so far.

Noticed these in error log repeating a lot.

[triggerimplementation.cpp:6550]: Script Assert! assert: "pTargetChar->IsValid() && pOpinionChar->IsValid()", type: "none", location: " file: events/base_married_life_events.txt line: 2824"
[triggerimplementation.cpp:14341]: Script Assert! assert: "Scope.GetLandedTitle()->IsValid() && "Wrong Scope in CIsTitularTitleTrigger!"", type: "none", location: " file: common/scripted_triggers/00_title_triggers.txt line: 21"

(Not sure if CleanSlate or ck2+) this is on bugfixing branch for both clean and +

Edit: Got some more reports. Chalcedonian faith is getting cardinals, but does not have a college of cardinal "button" on the interface. Secondly, I have a duplicated regent title, it came up around a year or so ago in game. (I conquered my second county in 451). 3rd, there is a special character not appearing right for this dynasty.

I've looked into the repeating asserts in error.log, but haven't been able to figure out the cause yet. Until it becomes clear something in-game is actually not working properly, it may very well be the game being a bit overzealous in reporting problems.

The College of Cardinals is only visible if the Pope is your religious head, which can't be worked around, and characters who would be Orthodox with the Schism in place should obviously have the Ecumenical patriarch or another pentarch/autocephalous patriarch as their religious head.
I'll look into the other two issues.
Did you rebase another mod onto CleanSlate, to play in 451?

Attempting to type anything in the title search bar crashes the game

Fixed.

I can second the title search crash. Also, peasants are getting agnatic elective succession, and the elector vote and such is not working. Also, the Palatinate title was created by a Finnish chief, which seems like a bug.

Do you mean peasant revolts? While at war, or after they win and are landed? The lack of electors appears to be a vanilla issue. Elective monarchy is available for count tier titles, but succession voting doesn't allow electors below count tier, effectively giving heir designation. After some discussion, we've decided to allow baron-tier electors in count tier titles with feudal elective succession.
The Palatinate issue is also fixed.

I gave up playing with this pretty quickly when I couldn't reform any pagan religions.

Any pagan religions in particular? Why can't you reform? I can't do much without more information.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Edit: but with a claim I can declare war on Venice

Currently, Holy War in Plus requires a land border with the target duchy, or owning at least one county inside the target duchy. We've not yet implemented an option for nearby overseas targets, but will likely do so soon.

Hard to do much about, I'm afraid. CK2 has near infinite potential for shenanigans like this.

Looks like we missed a few things after turning Iconoclasm into a trait for Chalcedonian Christianity before the Schism. Should be fixed now.

Imperial diadem for king?

The real problem here is that he's been coronated, which shouldn't be possible for vassal kings.

Fixed. For some reason, the title wasn't granted at all in the restoration event.

If this is under Imperial Elective, that's intentional and vanilla, based on historical precedent.

As the ERE I don’t seem to be getting the decisions to reform the old provinces.

They're only available for the reformed Roman Empire.