Bolivar | Hotfix 1.14.3 Open Beta [ Checksum 21DE]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AI Britain now can't go communist as it seems they always do anti-communist raids. This way they stay democratic at 0% stability and can't progress with their commie thing.

Reactions:
I don't know if asked already.

Will there be any benefit for those who own and paid the DLCs that are now for free?

I own all of them and I don't envy anyone getting them for free. However, if (and I assume it will be the case) we get much needed content updates for China and Japan as paid DLC, I would feel a bit scammed. I don't like to doublepay, especially if others don't have to.

Maybe a minor complaint, but I would see it as nice gesture to offer a small discount on those future DLCs or something unique for those who supported you by buying these DLCs that are now for free.

In general, adding DLC content to the baseline is a great way to ease Version management and I really appreciate it.
Next steps: Please add international market and licenses to the base game (Again I own both already :D), but the game could really profit from both those systems if they were part of the base game.

Reactions:
I don't know if asked already.

Will there be any benefit for those who own and paid the DLCs that are now for free?

I own all of them and I don't envy anyone getting them for free. However, if (and I assume it will be the case) we get much needed content updates for China and Japan as paid DLC, I would feel a bit scammed. I don't like to doublepay, especially if others don't have to.

Maybe a minor complaint, but I would see it as nice gesture to offer a small discount on those future DLCs or something unique for those who supported you by buying these DLCs that are now for free.

They already said, no benefits.

After all, it's a charity thing as is, judging by the response it would have been better for PDX to sell these for a symbolic price of $0.01. A lot of people are using PDX's charity to try to request undeserved goodies.

In general, adding DLC content to the baseline is a great way to ease Version management and I really appreciate it.
Next steps: Please add international market and licenses to the base game (Again I own both already :D), but the game could really profit from both those systems if they were part of the base game.
Second that. International market definitely needs to be part of base game.

On the other hand, I realize that International Market is the only undoubtedly good thing from AAT, and its major selling point. Remove that: and you may get the reception of AAT the same or even worse than TOA.

They already said, no benefits.

After all, it's a charity thing as is, judging by the response it would have been better for PDX to sell these for a symbolic price of $0.01. A lot of people are using PDX's charity to try to request undeserved goodies.

Second that. International market definitely needs to be part of base game.

On the other hand, I realize that International Market is the only undoubtedly good thing from AAT, and its major selling point. Remove that: and you may get the reception of AAT the same or even worse than TOA.
Well there are also MIOs. However I know not everybody likes them as much as I do. And Ilyushin not being a CAS designer is still a mess :D

So yeah might be that need some time to pass.

Concerning undeserved goodies, well, people really dislike paying twice for the same thing. So either Waking the Tiger update is coming FOC, which I doubt or there will be a new DLC.
Understandable, but Paradox can be ready for the negative reactions from those who actually paid for WTT.
On the other hand certainly everybody got what he paid for.

I'm not bothered by those DLCs being given out for free - games get cheaper the older they get, that's not new. I don't get mad if I buy a game on the day of release for £40 and it's on sale for £20 a year later - I paid a premium to get the thing earlier.

I wouldn't say its a "charity" thing so much as a business sense thing - it's easier for Paradox to support the game if everyone's got a similar set of DLCs, and if the value of that ease is greater than the value of the sales Paradox makes of the DLCs, it's a sensible business decision to give everyone the DLCs for free.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I'm not bothered by those DLCs being given out for free - games get cheaper the older they get, that's not new. I don't get mad if I buy a game on the day of release for £40 and it's on sale for £20 a year later - I paid a premium to get the thing earlier.

I wouldn't say its a "charity" thing so much as a business sense thing - it's easier for Paradox to support the game if everyone's got a similar set of DLCs, and if the value of that ease is greater than the value of the sales Paradox makes of the DLCs, it's a sensible business decision to give everyone the DLCs for free.
A business thing would be to change graphics, change a few names and release it as HOI5. Or simply abandon support of HOi4 without DLCs (which is kind of something they should do, given that they're making it complicated for themselves for no reason).

Or simply abandon support of HOi4 without DLCs (which is kind of something they should do, given that they're making it complicated for themselves for no reason).
That's kind of what this is - they no longer need to support players who don't have the tank/plane/ship designers.

The notion some people have that buying a completely new and different tree for Germany would be being charged twice because they own an old tree for Germany they’ve had and enjoyed for years is wild to me. Like complaining that you were being made to pay twice when you bought WTT because you already paid for a Germany tree in the base game, or that you were made to pay twice when you bought HoI4 because you already owned HoI3. Would you also think Ford owes you free stuff because they made you ‘double pay’ should you buy a new model of the same car years down the line?

A new Germany tree would probably take at least as much time, effort, and money as making the WTT tree did. They aren’t gonna do that for free and take a big loss, nor should they.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The notion some people have that buying a completely new and different tree for Germany would be being charged twice because they own an old tree for Germany they’ve had and enjoyed for years is wild to me. Like complaining that you were being made to pay twice when you bought WTT because you already paid for a Germany tree in the base game, or that you were made to pay twice when you bought HoI4 because you already owned HoI3. Would you also think Ford owes you free stuff because they made you ‘double pay’ should you buy a new model of the same car years down the line?

A new Germany tree would probably take at least as much time, effort, and money as making the WTT tree did. They aren’t gonna do that for free and take a big loss, nor should they.
Let's put it different.
Fords sells you a broken and unfinished car. Instead of improving and fixing it, they charge you a second time the same price, before doing that.
HOWEVER, the first broken Ford is now free for everyone.
I think customers will be a bit upset. In any case I don't like to compare hardware purchases with software, it's way different. Usually this comparison is used to blame gaming industry. Imo it is not working in either direction.

Personally, if they put a second WTT themed DLC, I will buy it and not spend my time complaining. I bought all DLCs so far and I am satisfied mostly.
I also don't claim WTT being broken. But there a lot of things not so going well in the far east theater, not being touched for years now.

Then I remember another recent thread where people were afraid there will be doubled charged theaters, which I thought never will be a thing for Paradox. And indeed it will never be, putting the old DLCs for free is quite a clean solution.
Giving a symbolic discount for former DLC owners would be a even cleaner solution, just saying. Otherwise they can be prepared to see "mostly negative" in their review for an actually good product, which is a pity.

Note, as I said for me this a MINOR thing. Having new paid content is better than not having content at all. I have the choice if I buy it or not, it does not harm me.
The only thing what I say is that gamers are usually quite cautious not to say emotional about DLCs and paid additional content.

Giving a discount of like one Euro is a nice way to say thanks for player's long time support, without doing bit harm. Just saying.

New Update for Open Beta is now Live, Checksum: 21de

##################################
# Balance
- Chile: Reduced High Quality Nitrate bonus (from 10% attack to 5% attack)
- Chile: Utilize Famae Mil reduced by 1
- Chile: Reduced Carabineros de Chile Core attack (from 10% to 5%) and core defense (from 15% to 10%)
- Chile: Reduced factory output from opressed working class (from 20% to 10%) and consumer goods (from -15% to -10%).
- Chile: Reduced Francoist Model Defense (from 10% to 5%) and factory output (from 10% to 5%)
- Chile: Reduced Max attack bonus gain from Pan historic rhetoric (from 10% to 6%) and defense (from 10% to 6%)
- Chile: Reduced Max attack bonus gain from Pan historic rhetoric (from 10% to 6%) and defense (from 10% to 6%)
- Reduced max attack bonus gain from the francoist model (from max 10% attack to max 5% attack) and defense (from max 10% to max 5%)
- Shared focus tree: Reduced arty attack gained from heavy Guns industries (from 10% to 5%) and defense (from 15% to 10%). Gives 1 research boost instead of 2
- Chile: Spirit of the conquistadors now gives 6% breakthrough instead of 10% attack
- Chile: Fascist Theologian gives 8% pp instead of 15%. Other stats unchanged
- Chile: Reduced the true enemy factory output gain (from 10% to 5%)
- Paraguay: Reduced Flourishing Economy (from 20% output to 15%)

# Gameplay
- Changed some icons for Uruguay & Paraguay

# Modding
- Fix bug where on_ruling_party_changed sometimes didn't get the correct old_ideology_token
- Adding on_ruling_party_change_immediate on-action as a deprecated and unsafe backwards-compatibility for mods that rely on that behavior

# Bugfix
- Fixed a bunch of local_resources modifiers in state scope that should have been state_resources
- An attempt to maintain our neutrality bypasses if you are communist
- Added missing flags for America do Sul formable (Brazil focus tree)
- Brazil - 'Anuae!' national focus now gives a locked template to prevent an exploit.
- Brazil - 'The International Crisis' national focus now sets the game rule 'can send volunteers' for Brazil.
- Uruguay: Removed ghost focus in Uruguay
- Paraguay: Fixed being able to take Mass Drafts before adopt minority languages
- Fixed an issue where Paraguay could join cominterm despite not being allowed to
- Generic "join" faction events can no longer be used to bypass "can_join_faction = no" rules
- Brazil - AI Brazil will join Allies on historical instead of sometimes ending up in the Comintern.
- Removed a character for Argentina which was causing problems with the fascist path.
- Removed slot in Nigers impassable terrain. Niger proper now is rural

What icons were changed for Paraguay and Uruguay? I just checked and saw nothing different
1710872308219.png

Looked and didn't see anything for Parguay or Uruguay. But the two flags on the left were added in this latest update to the open beta

Reactions:
Just changed some icons for other more appropriate ones. No new icons
This isn't directly related to this particular DLC, however i'd appreciate this small addition nontheless.

Is it possible to add a symbol saying "MP" in the icon selection for your divisions in the division designer? (As in Military Police)

I had it in some division icon mods i used earlier, but they are now hopelessly out of date and some of them don't funcition anymore. I used to mark the garrison division templates and believe it is a change that while seemingly insignificant, is for something almost every player will possibly use and is so universal that it should be among the vanilla icons.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Still no way to select the new sprites of Argentina and Brazil? The DLC has been out for 2 weeks now, and with so little content and a high price, sprites can actually have an impact. Apparently you localized the bug about 10 days ago. But I still don't read a fix for the bug. In general, a lot of bugs have been reported for this DLC, for which there is no bug fix yet. With all due respect, do we have to wait until the War Effort patches?

Can we talk about Sweden attacking with its bus?

huqnWWV.jpg
Sometimes a leader gotta do what a leader must do.

This isn't directly related to this particular DLC, however i'd appreciate this small addition nontheless.

Is it possible to add a symbol saying "MP" in the icon selection for your divisions in the division designer? (As in Military Police)

I had it in some division icon mods i used earlier, but they are now hopelessly out of date and some of them don't funcition anymore. I used to mark the garrison division templates and believe it is a change that while seemingly insignificant, is for something almost every player will possibly use and is so universal that it should be among the vanilla icons.
Maybe for a new expansion or a war support patch, I can't draw tho so I'm the wrong person to ask

• 3Haha
Reactions: