• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Made me smile

Cue dramatic music “Dah dah daaaaaaah!” ;)

That scene did not give me any confidence in the ability of those spies to carry out their mission (but it did make me smile).

Hahaha. Shades of el gato negro here methinks! Well done you!

Cue dramatic music “Dah dah daaaaaaah!” ;)

Sounds like your intelligence service must have been trained by Uruguayans ;)

That scene did not give me any confidence in the ability of those spies to carry out their mission (but it did make me smile).

Hahaha. Shades of el gato negro here methinks! Well done you!
Thanks all. That scene came out of nowhere in this saga; for a reason.
What you will soon know; it signaled a major change in this AAR.

Chapter 63
“Blake’s Wake”

On a mid-December day, a rumpled package appeared inside AJCO headquarters. No one saw the delivery occur but the contents found inside the small box, left no doubt to a select few, as to the identity of the sender.

There was also a torn sheet of paper included.

1. It took many weeks and some serious digging but I was able to piece together the puzzle surrounding hordes of marines.
2. This info was as easy to find as ashtrays on desks. Pride & pamphlets.
3. I was nearly caught compiling: sent this along for some comic-relief. We hold Nauru and someone is reporting a large convoy exists? Also, what are they bringing back from Christchurch? Laundry?
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Growing too dangerous...I couldn’t crack more nuts; moved to what I thought was an official building and soon found myself amid strange comings and goings; the mix of people were an odd assortment of what appeared to be insiders, outsiders and sliders. A few items of interest, I gathered from this place called, the fraternity: (Translated)

4. I did not find this at imperial HQ?
5. The fraternity has had a visitor from our most important ally?
6. Attached note written in Russian? The Rock of Minsk
7. Someone called Yunnan into the mess, for the Axis?
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
--------------------

The end of the list had two scribbled words that were obviously written in great haste.
8.jpg

The Eastern Front still looks like a slugging match.

Very peculiar series of discoveries, especially the naval supremacy in the East boost is rather worrying... But not as worrying as the scribbled note at the end.

That is a mighty Slovakian Army. Sure it's probably all expeditionary forces, but even so. 107 Brigades! Bigger than the Romanians! (almost) Twice the size of Bulgarian Army! These are heady days in Bratislava.

To return to the actual subject, those are a worrying selection of modifiers for Japan and the marine threat is (at best) half dealt with. On the plus side I'd forgotten the Baltic States are still free, that probably is a slight advantage to the Soviets - smaller front, more concentration of their forces, less space for German mobile warfare to play with. Can't be long before someone suggests 'Doing a Belgium' and trying to flank the enemy by going through Lithuania. Tough times to be Baltic.

Not being familiar with. HOi3 this means nothing to me I have to say

June 42. Axis forces have breached the shortest red army defensive line, anchored on the southern lithuanian border. With the majority of soviet armour engaged in the south, experts wonder wether the red army will be able to muster sufficient reinfircements to prevent a collapse of their northern frontlines.

Chapter 64
“Unwanted Intervention”
{End of 1942}

To markkur’s fellow-generals, I must relate to you that my trip behind the lines has been followed by unseen forces that have forced your friend and general out of AJCO. The voice you hear now...is mine, Randall Blake.

Briefly, I had to take a long and twisted route back home to safety by utilizing all of our connections and even more importantly, my own gathered and trusted resources. I successfully made it back but what followed my arrival I cannot easily explain.

Before I had enough time to truly rest and relax, collaborated machinations to oust our friend from command, erupted from unknown directions; it appears to me, the fraternity has a powerful influence. What exactly caused the demotion is beyond my comprehension of varied rumor’s pushing unfit for command, in a partly-creditable clamor, claiming arthritic disease and infirmity.

There is more to this nonsense, and that more means; because of my expertise navigating interior-conflicts I am keeping us both safe and I will briefly be the go-between, for what remains of markkur’s tale.

[Dear generals and friends, this and the previous chapter were my story-device to set-up the grand-finale of this adventure. I doubt this change will be a desired one for you because it is not for me. I will end this story by giving one more update and we ;) will explain the details surrounding The End...at that time.]

Desired end? Perhaps not. Appropriate...perhaps? It seems the tradition for a MAARkkur story is to come to a sudden, unexpected stop, after all...if the saga of El Gato is any indication! :p

Desired end? Perhaps not. Appropriate...perhaps? It seems the tradition for a MAARkkur story is to come to a sudden, unexpected stop, after all...if the saga of El Gato is any indication! :p
Bull's-eye!:) Two things.
1. I had not seen a Kiwi yarn and since I knew I could not play a major? I decided on what I thought would be a brief story. However, this old general began enjoying the challenge and discarded only making a show. Instead of a short story, I'm over 60 chapters now and at this rate...would have went well over 100, without doubt.

Presently, the game is growing more difficult to immerse myself and that's before invention, sorting and writing. Tagging etc. could have made this tale much better, well, that is after I decided it was becoming worth the extra effort.

2. You are spot-on about The Cat; That farce, proved so much needed-fun, that yeah, silly as it may sound, as fiction- writer's have said about one of their own creations; for me...Gato never alley-cats far away from me. :D

A tasty new-clear-slurpee your way...Salute!:cool:

You can’t always get what you want, unfortunately :(. But every good songwriter knows how to end a song, so will be looking forward to the finale - if not the likely reasons for it being delivered. Keep well my friend - you have already made it great! :)

The very best creators know how to leave their chosen stages, with their audiences wanting more.

As do you.