• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
never trust the spies :p

Actually they can be right sometimes and usually are if you have 10.

you may have said, but are you using a mod or what? some of those events you are getting are bloody sweet.

I haven't . I have waited for someone to notice what mod i am using and i am indeed using a one. It is called the Compendium mod and for what i have used it it has nice flavor events and also the gameplay features are nice as you cant produce tanks as Soviets/USA from the beginning and Germany is the only one able to research and produce armed divisions. Others can produce them too but that means a certain requirment like you being at war or Germany is at war needs to be reached.

I hope that i can make the next one for tomorrow. In it USA will do something that no one could have foreseen. Also June 22 is getting near.

Last edited:
you cant produce tanks as the USSR in 1936? that aint very realistic, is it? the soviets, along with many other countries, were producing tanks at that time. or is it because they werent used in conventional armoured divisions and were just supporting infantry until the germans enlightened us?

thats a pretty cool mod overall though from what i've seen on this aar.

you cant produce tanks as the USSR in 1936? that aint very realistic, is it? the soviets, along with many other countries, were producing tanks at that time. or is it because they werent used in conventional armoured divisions and were just supporting infantry until the germans enlightened us?

thats a pretty cool mod overall though from what i've seen on this aar.

The reason is the latter. You can research tanks but cant build them until you research armored division techs that become available in the 1939.

Chapter 7: This is how we change the world

August 3rd 1940

Stalin's spies had finally found out the location of Leon Trotsky.
leo.jpg

The war in Europe continued as in October Italy declared war on Greece soon followed by German declaration of war on Yugoslavia.
ita.jpg

October 29th 1940

Republic of China was forced to take control of their southern allies after a breakthrough of Japanese forces from Indochina.
annex.jpg

December 3rd 1940

News came from USA that a new president had been elected. In a tight election Wendel Wilkie had won Roosevelt.
usa.jpg

January 28th 1941

Soviets began to mobilize after news came that Yugoslavia had been annexed.
mobi.jpg

February 18th 1941

Forces of Japan-China-Nanjing alliance had broken trough from the north and were quickly advancing towards south.
china-3.jpg

While their advance from Indochina was slow Republic of China had time to make several strong counter attacks in the north.

Hah, a lot of free manpower!
Or just gunfodder.
China looks pretty.
Maybe time to intervene for the commies?
Never let the old comrade Mao down? :p

Nice!
Soon will you be a part of ww2.

P.S. Did you annex Finland?

I went historical on that, so no annexation.

Hah, a lot of free manpower!
Or just gunfodder.
China looks pretty.
Maybe time to intervene for the commies?
Never let the old comrade Mao down? :p

Commies were annexed soon after February. I have another updates coming all the way to the start of '42.

Chapter 8: We had a deal!

May 25th 1941, Moscow

Soviet leadership worried about the massing of German troops on the border and they were expressing their worries to Stalin. "Comrade Stalin, the Germans are massing troops on our border" Timoshenko explained. "It is a clear sign that they are planning to attack us, we must strike first" he continued and showed his plans to Stalin. Stalin didn't say anything before he had read the papers. He stood up and threw the papers on the table. "Have you gone mad!" he started. "They would never attack us, maybe it is you who want's war and not them?" Stalin continued.
what.jpg

"But comrade Stalin there is no other possibility" Timoshenko continued. Stalin walked around the table to Timoshenko. "Maybe we should shoot you Timoshenko?" He said. "But i know you are a good soldier and we need you" Stalin said and walked towards the door. "This meeting is over" He said and left the room.
timo.jpg

June 1st 1941, Moscow

Stalin walked to the phone that was ringing and picked it up. "Yes?" He said.
"Comrade Stalin, the Germans have crossed the border and are marching towards the defense lines" voice said. "The war has begun" voice continued.
call.jpg

Stalin was quiet. "Comrade Stalin did you understood me?" voice asked. "Yes, don't take a one step backwards" Stalin said. "Hold them off until the reinforcements arrive" He continued and hang up the phone.

war-2.jpg

But the reinforcements never arrived.

hah, when the border informed Moscow the people in Moscow where shocked since it was madness and the message was not coded. :rofl:
And Stalin spend a week alone with comrade vodka. :rofl:

ah dear, a slightly early barbarossa may give the germans that tiny edge which gives them victory. if you weren't in control of course.

hah, when the border informed Moscow the people in Moscow where shocked since it was madness and the message was not coded. :rofl:
And Stalin spend a week alone with comrade vodka. :rofl:

That is somewhat. right

Nice, now some Vodka!!!!:D
And after 1 year push the germans back to Berlin.

I think it there will be a plan that might be foolish enough to work.

ah dear, a slightly early barbarossa may give the germans that tiny edge which gives them victory. if you weren't in control of course.

A wise man once said that making the enemy think that you are not in control is half a victory while you at the same time lure them in a trap.

Chapter 9: Good news and bad news

June 4th 1941

Stalins orders were clear. When Finland joined Germany in their operation Soviet troops were immediately ordered to attack the Finnish lines in Kajaani and Joensuu.
joensuu-1.jpg

The Finns were once again outnumbered but this time they were well equiped by their German allies but no matter how hard they tried both Kajaani and Joensuu fell. Only in Murmansk the Finns were successful.
kajaani.jpg

June 5th 1941

First news about the defeats reached Moscow in June 5th.
defeat.jpg

"Comrade Stalin" Beria said. "The Germans have broken trough our lines" he continued. "What?" Stalin said. "You were ordered to hold the lines, we will not give ground to those dogs!" he said. Stalin was furious and broke his pen.
pen-1.jpg

the documentary was also called 'behind closed doors' if i remember rightly? those pictures are good for the aar but i didnt like the way he or churchill were portrayed in the programme.