• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bpowell601

Private
May 8, 2018
One line summary of your issue
System crashes constantly

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
If I am running the campaign the system crashes within two minutes of stating

Steps to reproduce the issue
just play the game in Campaign mode

Upload attachment

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    13,2 KB · Views: 15
  • crash.dmp
    200,3 KB · Views: 9
  • output_log.txt
    13,2 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
I have the same problem.The game becomes more unstable with every update! After the update last week, the game started crashing randomly during battles, and sometimes failed to launch. It also would hang when trying to quit from the main menu. Then, there was big update today, and now it crashes far more frequently AND will crash if I try to SAVE THE GAME!

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    462,8 KB · Views: 4
  • error.log
    24,4 KB · Views: 7
  • output_log.txt
    89,2 KB · Views: 310
One line summary of your issue
System crashes constantly

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
If I am running the campaign the system crashes within two minutes of stating

Steps to reproduce the issue
just play the game in Campaign mode

Upload attachment
This is probably due to the fact that no Intel video system is supported for this game. The published minimum requirement is:
Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 Ti or Radeon HD 5870 (1 GB VRAM)
The game will never run properly on this machine, I'm afraid. I hope you have access to a computer with a more powerful graphics card, so you can enjoy the game!

If not though, please seek a refund from wherever you bought the game.

I have the same problem.The game becomes more unstable with every update! After the update last week, the game started crashing randomly during battles, and sometimes failed to launch. It also would hang when trying to quit from the main menu. Then, there was big update today, and now it crashes far more frequently AND will crash if I try to SAVE THE GAME!
Hi there!

Can you please send me your DxDiag:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe

and a list of your installed software? Notably, have you recently installed any programs that deal with networking, Dx related, a new antivirus installation or firewall related, programs for video encoding or video or photo editing, or programs that work with cameras or recorders?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Hi there!

Can you please send me your DxDiag:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe

and a list of your installed software? Notably, have you recently installed any programs that deal with networking, Dx related, a new antivirus installation or firewall related, programs for video encoding or video or photo editing, or programs that work with cameras or recorders?

Thanks!

Jonathan
Sure! Here we are. I am finally on the Liberate Weldry mission, and it usually waits until I am done with the mission, at salvage, to crash! I ran DXdiag and am including the latest crash files.

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    473,9 KB · Views: 5
  • output_log.txt
    144,4 KB · Views: 132
  • error.log
    29,3 KB · Views: 10
  • DxDiag.txt
    76,6 KB · Views: 233
Sure! Here we are. I am finally on the Liberate Weldry mission, and it usually waits until I am done with the mission, at salvage, to crash! I ran DXdiag and am including the latest crash files.
Note I have not changed anything on my system, you guys did! About a week ago, YOU put out an update to Battletech. After that, the game started crashing. Then, YOU just put out another update, about a day ago, and the crashes got much worse. I have reported this in a couple of threads. I have also searched for other people having similar problems. It seems to mostly affect people with higher end NVidia cards. There are many other bugs and issues, like lack of documentation for the UI, but the crashing is , by far, the worst.Often, simply trying to SAVE a game will trigger a crash!

OK, when installed it ran well, then it updated and now all I get is crash after crash. The longest it runs is about 5 minutes then it takes the system down...HARD. I am attaching the files generated.

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    515,3 KB · Views: 6
  • output_log.txt
    83,2 KB · Views: 305
  • error.log
    4,9 KB · Views: 9
  • DxDiag.txt
    91,7 KB · Views: 14
Now I got a new kind of crash. Instead of the usual crash where the graphics lock up, but the mouse cursor still moves (and I have to reboot the computer), I got a crash where the game exited to the desktop and Windows gave me a message that battletech.exe stopped working. This is a bit better than the previous crashes because the game at least went away, and I could use the desktop without rebooting. No new crash files were generated.

OK, when installed it ran well, then it updated and now all I get is crash after crash. The longest it runs is about 5 minutes then it takes the system down...HARD. I am attaching the files generated.
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00007FFEBDAFB9B7 (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
0x00007FFEBDAFE696 (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
0x00007FFEBDD0B053 (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
0x00007FFEBD53E34D (nvwgf2umx) OpenAdapter12
0x00007FFEBD53E1F6 (nvwgf2umx) OpenAdapter12
0x00007FFEBD536E7D (nvwgf2umx) OpenAdapter12
0x00007FFEBDB81C6A (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
0x00007FFEBDF8AE57 (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
0x00007FFEBDF8AFFE (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
This is all in the nVidia driver. Please update to the new one
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/134070/en-us

OK, I installed the latest driver from nVidia. The system still crashed, just not as hard. Now I am getting a return to the man screen. I am uploading the crash files generated.

I normally get paid $60/hr for QA testing code. :-(

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    512,9 KB · Views: 4
  • error.log
    35 KB · Views: 6
  • output_log.txt
    85,9 KB · Views: 86
The game was still crashing badly yesterday, even after I updated all my drivers (most were up to date, or very close). However, today's GAME UPDATE (May 10) seems to have greatly improved the stability, though it is a little early for me to say the issue is completely fixed.

Nope, the game STILL crashes, but mostly at the start of a drop, or immediately after a drop, BEFORE it is automatically saved. :p Here are the crash files from the Liberate:panzyr mission, where I did really well, but got no credit.

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    470 KB · Views: 5
  • error.log
    15,7 KB · Views: 6
  • output_log.txt
    207,2 KB · Views: 81
OK, I installed the latest driver from nVidia. The system still crashed, just not as hard. Now I am getting a return to the man screen. I am uploading the crash files generated.

I normally get paid $60/hr for QA testing code. :-(
Yes, quite a different crash, we have fixed the nVidia one with that driver it seems.

What this one is I have no idea. I guess try 1.0.3
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/battletech-1-0-3-release-notes-beta.1097020/

New day, new crash. I am uploading the files. I admit the crash is MUCH less sever than it was it nolong lockes the machine up, just gracefully dies.

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    455,4 KB · Views: 4
  • error.log
    35 KB · Views: 5
  • output_log.txt
    64,5 KB · Views: 190
As above, have tried the latest NVIDIA drivers but game causes system reboot after a a few minutes .
No out put file, no crash dmp , just complete system reboot.