• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bpowell601

Private
May 8, 2018
One line summary of your issue
System crashes constantly

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
If I am running the campaign the system crashes within two minutes of stating

Steps to reproduce the issue
just play the game in Campaign mode

Upload attachment

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    13,2 KB · Views: 15
  • crash.dmp
    200,3 KB · Views: 9
  • output_log.txt
    13,2 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
Has anyone in this thread tried the different configuration options in the 1.0.3 (beta) launcher? They are supposed to help a variety of system configuration troubles that we had previous been bouncing between helping different groups of people in previous updates.

Has anyone in this thread tried the different configuration options in the 1.0.3 (beta) launcher? They are supposed to help a variety of system configuration troubles that we had previous been bouncing between helping different groups of people in previous updates.

Yes I have tried all of them in different configurations. Pretty much every way possible. I can confirm (for myself) that 1.0.3 has not fixed the Hard Crashing from beating 3 Years Later, Or Switching between rooms on either the Leopard or Argos. I have even started a entirely new career, and all other typical troubleshooting. Still the only thing to work is to use the commands -force-opengl or -force-glcore.

I won't be hijacking this thread but seeing as you are commenting here wanted to inform you that I have (and many others) not been able to advance w/o serverely capping our systems and loading, unloading, restarting every mission.

Here is our thread (2nd biggest on the Bug channel): https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...e-crashes-after-3-years-later.1091512/page-11

I have literally been trying to fix this / helping people since launch everyday for multiple hours a day. If it sounds as if I'm complaining I'm not. We have been supporting one another to fix this issue. So thanks to the HBS, Paradox, and regular users on here we have fixed a few peoples games but it is still broke for others and myself.

OK, here is what I am piecing together.

1) The game lasts longer when I start from a clean reboot of the system.
2) The first time I run the game after a reboot it usually gracefully exits to a Window or a crash prompt.
3) If I try to just restart the game, I usually end up with a VERY HARD crash and usually must hard boot from a power prompt.

While I do not know you code, this REEKS of a massive memory leak trying to write to a memory location being used by something in the OS.

-BP

Finished the campaign, so just working round the universe picking up contracts - all had been running really smoothly until yesterday,since then three crashes at the end of missions, just after the selecting salvage and assessing mechwarrior and mech condition screens. Happened on three completely different missions, and rather unhelpfully the crash message tells me there are logs of the crash that I should send to someone... would be helpful if that message, or the logs saved (I know they are are there since I have read them, and the error is always attempting to access an invalid memory location - different location each time) included any hints of the address I should submit them to!

I am getting a hard lock up as the game begins. The credit screens roll just fine, but as the game gets to the Atlas skull, it consistently goes to a black screen with numbers in the top right, which I assume are frame rate. (48 to 60, for what that's worth) Nothing I do moves it from there until I bring up task manager and kill it.

The game had run fine on my box, close to 250 hours in. I was getting some temperature warnings but cleaning the fans and cooling vanes seems to have cured that. I've got the new Nvidia drivers in, and it had run fine for a day or two using them.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Yes I have tried all of them in different configurations. Pretty much every way possible. I can confirm (for myself) that 1.0.3 has not fixed the Hard Crashing from beating 3 Years Later, Or Switching between rooms on either the Leopard or Argos. I have even started a entirely new career, and all other typical troubleshooting. Still the only thing to work is to use the commands -force-opengl or -force-glcore.

I won't be hijacking this thread but seeing as you are commenting here wanted to inform you that I have (and many others) not been able to advance w/o serverely capping our systems and loading, unloading, restarting every mission.

Here is our thread (2nd biggest on the Bug channel): https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...e-crashes-after-3-years-later.1091512/page-11

I have literally been trying to fix this / helping people since launch everyday for multiple hours a day. If it sounds as if I'm complaining I'm not. We have been supporting one another to fix this issue. So thanks to the HBS, Paradox, and regular users on here we have fixed a few peoples games but it is still broke for others and myself.
Hi YuriHime,

I have reached out to you in a private conversation. Please feel free to get back to me at your convenience,

Jonathan

This is still happening. Here is the latest report
Hi,

It seems that you are using a GPU NVIDIA GeForce 940MX that is below minimum spec for this game, or that you are also using integrated Intel graphics HD 4600 on another machine, which is also below spec. I take it that you are playing on a laptop. Have you tried to play the game with the dedicated GPU and then instead with the Intel integrated graphics HD 630 as well? How far have you been able to get in the campaign? How many successive hours of play have you experienced without a crash?

Thanks,

J

I keep getting the blue screen of death
It says at the bottom something about a memory problem. The game crashes a lot and I mean a lot I don’t think I have ever had a game that crashed this much ever!
I have 32g of ram and a 1080ti gtx with the very latest drivers and I keep getting either locked up with the error in the background which is a pain to close and if I don’t restart my pc I’ll crash a hell of a lot more than if I restart my pc then it’s a while of stable ply until it crashes then it’s like a snowball affect.

I keep getting the blue screen of death
It says at the bottom something about a memory problem. The game crashes a lot and I mean a lot I don’t think I have ever had a game that crashed this much ever!
I have 32g of ram and a 1080ti gtx with the very latest drivers and I keep getting either locked up with the error in the background which is a pain to close and if I don’t restart my pc I’ll crash a hell of a lot more than if I restart my pc then it’s a while of stable ply until it crashes then it’s like a snowball affect.
Hi,

Can you be so kind as to send me a list of your installed software? Any new video or networking or AV software that you have installled lately?

j

by installed software what do you mean?

I have mcaffe antivirus which I have not altered since installing the game.
the only software i have installed is updates to world of waships and steam updates of my installed games.

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    360,1 KB · Views: 5
  • error.log
    12 KB · Views: 3
there are more files below-

There are 9 more crash reports but start with the ones below and see what you can get from them.

I have installed the latest nvidia drivers- 397.93-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

system info is-

intel core i7-6700 @ 4ghz
32g ram
nvidia gtx 1080ti
corsair solid state HD
windows 10 pro 64-bit

monitor is a samsung curved running at 2560x1440 144hz

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    362,4 KB · Views: 5
  • error.log
    14 KB · Views: 4
  • output_log.txt
    96,3 KB · Views: 4
  • crash.dmp
    351,4 KB · Views: 3
  • error.log
    17 KB · Views: 22
  • output_log.txt
    97 KB · Views: 30
  • crash.dmp
    430,8 KB · Views: 4
  • error.log
    35,6 KB · Views: 4
  • output_log.txt
    100,7 KB · Views: 104
  • crash.dmp
    351,1 KB · Views: 3
  • error.log
    11,1 KB · Views: 6
  • output_log.txt
    112 KB · Views: 11
ok i can get maybe 20mins max play then crash if i dont resart my pc i get maybe 5mins then crash until its a blue screen and then its back to 20mins ish.
All I play at the moment is the single player campaign and its getting very annoying if I forget to save all the time!

Attachments

• crash.dmp
    345,2 KB · Views: 5
  • error.log
    13,5 KB · Views: 5
  • output_log.txt
    101,5 KB · Views: 4
  • crash.dmp
    362,5 KB · Views: 4
  • error.log
    17,5 KB · Views: 4
  • output_log.txt
    108,3 KB · Views: 4
Ok can somebody please help and have a look at the above crash reports I am getting mightily pissed with this crashing every 10 - 20 mins.

This cannot be right please somebody for the love of god help!