Astral Planes will release on November 16th!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Astral Planes will be available on November 16th, for US$/€19.99!

Astral Planes offers you the chance to chart your own path as you travel through Rifts in space and time for a glimpse of strange new realities. What will you discover, in a universe beyond limits? What will new realities will you discover on the other side? And what might come back with you?

Astral Planes includes:

Core Mechanics

• Astral Scars
  • New Site Type: Astral Rift
  • New Resource: Astral Thread
  • Astral Harvesting - Technology to harvest Astral Threads
  • Rift Sphere - Technology to explore Astral Rifts Rifts
  • "Rift in Space" Situation - Unlocks Rift Sphere tech.
  • Random Stage 2 Rift Situation Events
30+ Rift Sites
  • Each site contains branching narratives, featuring multiple potential endings and a chance at powerful new rewards
8 New Relics
Astral Actions

• 10 New Astral Actions
  • 4 Additional Astral Actions (requires Overlord)
The Formless
1 Origin

• Riftworld Origin
4 Civics
  • Hyperspace Speciality
  • Dimensional Worship
  • Dark Consortium
  • Sovereign Guardianship
New Sounds, Music and Visual Effects
  • 3 New Music Tracks from Andreas Waldetoft
  • 70+ New Event Pictures
  • 80+ New Sound Effects
* Some content may require DLC sold separately

We haven't covered the new Civics and Origins coming in Astral Planes yet, but Atmaz and Eladrin will be back tomorrow to do a deep dive into these new features! Want to learn more about Astral Actions? Check out our Astral Shorts playlist on YouTube!

See you on the Astral Planes!

KEYART_ASTRAL_PLANES_16x9_4k@2x.png

Pre-Purchase Astral Planes on Steam!

• 28Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Will we get any peaks glimpses hears(?) at the new tracks before release? Can't wait!

Reactions:
What's "the formless"?

Holy moly, that is WAY sooner than I expected. I was expecting 28th Nov/5th December timeframe. What absolutely fantastic news!
Yes, the 3.10 "Pyxis" update will be released alongside Astral Planes.
Will you be able to give us a run-down of all the non-AP 3.10 features tomorrow as well plox, Eladrin? AP is certainly very interesting, but I'm really fascinated by the final Leader fixes too - not to mention everything else in the balance/bugfix/general improvement domain!

Reactions:
Will you be able to give us a run-down of all the non-AP 3.10 features tomorrow as well plox, Eladrin? AP is certainly very interesting, but I'm really fascinated by the final Leader fixes too - not to mention everything else in the balance/bugfix/general improvement domain!

Tomorrow will be details on the Origins and Civics. We'll have a diary on Tuesday with the 3.10.0 changes and preliminary release notes because linear time is annoying.

• 7Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
linear time is annoying.
Boy I feel that. What I wouldn't give to trip and fall into a rent in the fabric of space and time in order to find myself at next Thursday.

• 5Haha
Reactions:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
With the amount of origins and civics the game already has. With the soon added new civics and origin. With the amount of empires I created to use them all. I do believe that the empire's menu need a button to somehow move the empires up and down. It is not really comfortable to do that in the text editor.

• 7Like
Reactions: