• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think you may be strong enough to attack the Seleucids and win.

I think so too.

Where is the Gallic resistance!

What reallly irks me is the Pelasgoi coming out of Arabia? and settling in the middle of the Seleucid Empire? WTF? Perhaps the Pelasgoi will migrate up that way and spank Rome, they seemed to be handling the Seleucids no problem.

You've really sparked my interest in Rome! Do you know if you can convert a save game from Rome to CK?

I don't think so, CK doesn't start until about 1000 years after Rome. But I'm not an expert.

I don't think so, CK doesn't start until about 1000 years after Rome. But I'm not an expert.

Pity. I was thinking of a mega-MEGA campaign :)

This AAR ended long ago due to both the holidays and the arrival of the 2.3/31 beta patches

But here's a wrap-up from the last bit that I kept wanting to update:

Armenia finally invaded the Seleucids during their civil war of 513 AVC.

Joining the side of the rebels fighting in Parthia, Astyages launched a two-pronged invasion into Syria and Cilicia. After only a few short months, Antioch and fell and soon the entire Mediterranean coastline with it. The war could have been a quick and easy blitz for Armenia, had it not been for a Rhoxolani invasion soon after the start of the war.

The Seleucid loyalists managed to field two armies to confront Astyages, but in the end, they could not fight a two front war. Most of Syria, including Antioch, and a huge payment was ceded to Armenia.

Meanwhile the Rhoxolani war was fierce due to the limited number of troops committed to the northern campaign. A large barbarian raiding party from the west also entered the fray and ravaged both armies. After the cessation of Seleucid hostilities, Astyages raced north to finish the fight and secured dominance of the Bosporous.

A few years later, a border dispute with the then-shattered Bosporan Kingdom erupted into war and the Bosporans were quickly overwhelmed. Their allies, the Bithynians came to their aid but despite putting up a valiant defense and a short-lived counter attack into Pontus, they too fell to Astyages. By 1 April 518 (the end of this game and AAR), Armenia and Egypt had emerged the dominant powers of the North and South, respectively, and who knows who would have emerged victorious in their struggle to gobble up the crumbling Seleucid Empire?

armenia518.jpg

bithbosannexmap.jpg

Actually, yes. I've already started a game as Rome in the Epigoni mod. I'm trying an unorthodox strategy for fun - I'm going to help Massilia get started expanding into Gaul and Hispania and then use it as a buffer and ally against Carthage while I go east towards Greece.

I'm hoping that it will actually bite me in the butt and I get a tough fight against a Massilia-Carthage or Massilia-Macedonia alliance or something.

Last edited: