• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll make it for a bit. Looking at an hour (possibly longer, depending on how quickly we get started) before I have to get together with a study group.

As for the next several weeks, my attendance will be limited. To be quite honest, between travel plans, finals (they like to give you exams on Saturdays in grad school) and a wedding, next weekend is the last Saturday I'll make it until January 6. Hopefully Saxony won't have imploded during the time, provided the game even continues.

Ouch, the game seems to be going rather bad no?

Indeed, though this current lack of enthusiasm is rather ironic.

Now the question is, what can we do to improve the sittuation? So far we've had proposals of playing with less events (to improve stability) and re-starting. Thoughts?

fasquardon

fasquardon said:
Indeed, though this current lack of enthusiasm is rather ironic.

Now the question is, what can we do to improve the sittuation? So far we've had proposals of playing with less events (to improve stability) and re-starting. Thoughts?

fasquardon

Well, every player who has left (other than rsobota) has done so because of the way the game has progressed thus far. Absent a massive recruiting effort and influx of new players, I'm afraid this is going to be a rather common theme as long as we continue the current game. Even if I had made it on time this morning we still would've fallen short of the 3-player minimum. Given that we really only have 3 regulars, perfect attendance will be required just to get the session started. As I've mentioned before I'm pretty much booked until January 6 (with the sole exception of next Saturday) so, unless a regular sub can be found, it's essentially going to be Fas and Oka playing a really, really slow single-player game until then.

Well, I'm currently having a blast playing HOI2 but I'd be up for a game if you guys ever restart. ;)

O.K., so if we re-started we'd get a 50% increase in the number of regular players... Pretty significant.

In the case of a hypothetical re-start, I think it might be a good idea to start a new thread.

Also, if we do re-start, we should probably start much closer to each other. I quite like the idea of playing the vassals of one king, or playing independant Dukes or Princes in the same area - say a Russian Princes or Irish Dukes game... Though at the speed that MP moves at, I'm not sure we want to play as too small a country, as it might get a bit dull.

BTW, that Byzantine game I mentioned upthread can be found here: Solmyr's Byzantine Princes game

fasquardon

Well, I'd say we all pick French duchies: nice territory with possibilities for expansion, very central, many duchies to choose from, etc.

Ganso said:
Well, I'd say we all pick French duchies: nice territory with possibilities for expansion, very central, many duchies to choose from, etc.

... its sad to see the great ship go down, don't expect much of an AAR next game then :p However i'm in favour of an restart, as french vassals s'vous plaît.

Empyrean: Glad to hear things are better. It'll be good to have you with us.

Okawoa: It seems CSK was pretty accurate with his estimation on how long it would take for people to loose interest with the AARs... Possibly next time we should copy URR's AAR reward rule (which is a small reward for 500+ words).

And yes, it is a bit sad to loose all our progress, I just hope the same thing doesn't happen a few sessions into the re-start too...

rsobota: Cool. Reckon you'll be able to make most of the sessions?

Does anyone know how to make a vote-post, I'm thinking it would be a good way to decide which kingdom we'd play in...

fasquardon

While I still can't play (damn PC, I would do something about it but I haven't yet looked in the whole room for the bill of it so I can get a garanty - I hope you understood what I mean- and I don't have the money for a new one should I not find it, which is kind of annoying as I'd have to wait for Christmas) I still could respond I guess. The interest just gets lost if you have no AAR. And a reward has to be done as most don't always have the time. You will have enough time for a small amount of words, you always find that.

As to the vote, I think only a mod can do it. But I don't really think we need that as we'll have not that many votes anyway not to track them down.

I like the idea of France, but it depends on the number of players if we can really do that. I propose we restrict the rules to crusading more as it would be unfair from the position, Toulouse and Armagnac are too close. Also I think we should split up Aquitaine, it's just too big in the start and the smaller Duchies you get then are still very strong.

Which ones would be free to play then? Toulouse, Flanders, Bourgougne, Aquitaine (or the splitted ones), Anjou, -it also would be interesting if someone would play Normandie as vassal of France instead and only is a second line to England, but it may be too tempting-, can you think of any other? Anyway, that should be enough. I think it's clear it isn't very balanced, but the players can restrict that anyway.

CSK said:
Which ones would be free to play then? Toulouse, Flanders, Bourgougne, Aquitaine (or the splitted ones), Anjou, -it also would be interesting if someone would play Normandie as vassal of France instead and only is a second line to England, but it may be too tempting-, can you think of any other? Anyway, that should be enough. I think it's clear it isn't very balanced, but the players can restrict that anyway.

i'm thinking of Britanny, directly self-vassaling to France. And Fas, try to make the vote thread... somehow.. :confused:

Hmm...I've never played as a French vassal. Could be interesting. I do have one question though - depending on when this gets started, it's looking like I wouldn't be able to join until several weeks into the game, at which point I suspect there won't be much room for new players in France itself. Would I be able to join us another duchy outside of France (Uppland and Polotsk come to mind, although I'm up for anything)? If not, I suppose I could always join as one of the countless non-European after the export to EU2 (provided the game makes it that far).

Seems some people pretty much ignore on this thread but anyway...

If we are going to play France, the duchies available are:

- Duchy of Aquitaine (could be split to form two additional duchies, Gascony and Poitou)
- Duchy of Burgundy
- Duchy of Champagne
- Duchy of Flanders
- Duchy of Toulouse

Others:
- Duchy of Britanny (not a vassal of the french King but easy to become one)
- Duchy of Normandy (could be made a vassal of the french king, might cause some english belligerence though...)

I'd be up for playing a spun-off Gascony with Centule de Béarn as Duke...

Perhaps we should limit heathen wars to self-defence and wars that the King of France starts.

Manstein: I dunno. Probably depends on the state of the game when you join again. At the moment I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to have players closer together though, as we'd have more player/player interaction that way.

Ganso: Who is ignoring what?

fasquardon