• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I meant to write "Seems some people pretty much ignore me on this thread but anyway..." but never mind that.

Well, if this goes forward i'd like to take Flanders or Champagne.

Well, I'm sorry if it was me giving you the impression you were ignored Ganso.

How do we divide Aquitaine though? There's 16 counties in it as it is, and 3 Duke titles, plus a Duke title that can be immediately created at the start (Bourbon). Into two pieces? Three? Or four?

fasquardon

Well, if we have two strong Dukes anyway (Flanders and Bourgougne are really strong, maybe you could count Toulouse as well) split into two pieces should be enough. The south would just go to Centule de Béarn while the north stays in d'Aqutaine hands.

Rule queries:

How long will the game go for?
Is it a rule to keep the kingdom of France alive?
Can we roleplay, not in this stupid magical names (eg. Elenor the _____) but for example Manstein (French king) decrees that Fas will succeed him, however I wish to seize the throne, we can have a civil war then...

bah, hopefully we can get a sub base for this game as well...

Well, in my opinion:

1 - The game will go as long as there are players interested
2 - In the absence of a player, no one shall take belligerent actions against it's domains
3 - Roleplay as much as possible

About the division of Aquitaine: well, why not enter the game as the Duke of Aquitaine, grant the title of Duke of Gascony and Duke of Poitou, exit the game and there you go, all solved. Also, if any of you really want to take Flandres no problem for me, I'll happily get Champagne.

I dunno, it might be fun to play it by ear as far as keeping France alive, but on the other hand we might end up with a dead France by 1100 that way...

Perhaps we should keep France alive for CK, and have a big civil war at the end, which would give us an interesting start point if we wanted to continue to EU2, or simply a fun end point, depending. Kind of an alt 100 years war.

I dunno how long the game will go on for. Probably for as long as we keep a cohesive player base together. Hopefully that'll at least see us through CK. I'd still like to play a 900 year epic, but after what happened to this game, I think I'll set my sights a little lower this time.

I'm cool with not using in game (at least that's what I assume you mean by "magical") names in rp & AARs and such.

How about it CSK, Manstein, you guys up for subbing if you have time?

fasquardon

I'll sub if I can play, which means usually once all two weeks. I'll tell when that is so you have me as a kind of permanent sub right now. After reading Ganso had posted, I agree with everything he said.

Ganso said:
Also, if any of you really want to take Flandres no problem for me, I'll happily get Champagne.

Tempting as the Flemish income is, I'm cool to let someone else be the 500 lb gorilla for this game. ;)

fasquardon

Just a minor question: is it possible, for who is hosting, to modify the name of the characters? Let's call it "taking the roleplay one step further"... ;)

Just asking 'cause I'd just want to change the first and (possibly) last name of my duke and his heir. It all depends now on who will I play. ;)

It's pretty easy to mod names, I think all you need to do is edit the sav file. Note that the name changes won't be passed on to descendants though.

fasquardon

Not the first name, the surname will as you have to edit the name of the dynasty for this. And Ganso, already decided who to play? Anyone does? And who could play next saturday (given that's still the date)? I could.

I surely can play next Saturday, as for which duchy, I'm partial to either Flandres or Champagne.

I can play. Still up for Gascony.

fasquardon

Ok, any of you guys thought of a name for the game yet?

Some names:

The Big Cheeses of France

France: Where the Dukes grow tall

The Very Hard Cheese of Old France

fasquardon

Good luck with the new game guys! I can't join you this Saturday for sure, for I am traveling home to see my parents a bit, but I'll think about it for the future.

Not directly related but, I've started playing Victoria (remember, I got the whole Paradox combo in October) and man, it's CRAZY, a lot of things going on, namely economical stuff. But it's fun. :)