• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zardnaar

Field Marshal
62 Badges
Oct 8, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
As the title says.

One problem I have is I live in New Zealand so it is hard to get time zones matching up.

Well I'm currently in a 6 player game and we've reached March 1939, using the Improved Mod alongside various edits to the game.

We typically try and play once or twice a week on a day everyone is free, starting around 1800-1900 UTC - so would be very early starts if you can join us!

We've been playing historically (ie only wars so far have been Italy-Ethiopia,, Spain civil war, Japan-China & Italy-Albania).

But with so many players your choices would be limited to Nat Spain (it won the civil war - we would expect it to join the Axis in 1941, but we might allow some freedom); France (if the Germany, & UK players allows it); or any Allied/Axis minor; China is also a possibility but I can PM you the details if you are interested in China. Also due to the time progressed your options to change strategy would be quite limited - especially as the players have expectations how each nation is handled. But it would be a good opportunity to see how online games pan out, and to say hello to our little community :)

I would be after a fresh game.

You normally seed the majors 1st followed by Axis minors or 1 axis minor/1 allied minor sort of thing? Have not played MP for around 5 years, IIRC Axis normally lose.

Last edited:
Yes we would make sure all the majors are taken before anyone goes for minors.

The outcomes of the game vary wildly, even with our rules which make sure the game plays relatively historically. In fact I think the Axis have won it nearly if not more times then the Allies in our games.

For a fresh game I'm happy to do a 1v1 sometime (ideally Japan v. China, with me as China,but am happy with any major v major games). Otherwise we have a game that's only reached mid-1937 that you can join as any except Germany, Japan, USA & USSR.

Ah, a player after my own heart with those Plan Z / Naval-minded AARs, cool!

Well, wish I'd noticed this a couple weeks ago, but if you're still looking, I'd be keen. Perhaps best of all, I'm even in the right time zone.

And maybe we could coax the other Kiwi guy in our last game back if we were playing at more NZ-friendly times.

The outcomes of the game vary wildly, even with our rules which make sure the game plays relatively historically. In fact I think the Axis have won it nearly if not more times then the Allies in our games.

Well, I'm on my 3rd game with this gang and the Allies are 2-0 iirc. Though my bungling as Japan in the first game no doubt facilitated that -- and in fairness, Mr Bonarpte's Team Axis are doing quite well this time round. So we'll see...

But then again they have yet to face either the US or their greatest foe; the Red Army, under the unparalleled leadership of His Most Excellent and Humble Comrade, General Secretary for Life, Field Marshal, Doctor Josif Stalin CBE, DFA, Lord of Beast & Bird, Victor of the Spanish Civil War, Liberator of Indonesia & Conqueror of the British Empire in Asia in General and Pakistan in Particular. :D