• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
crash63 said:
Interesting and good news. I will try Germany. :)
I can't advertise all the modifications on the French forum... ;)

Why do you think I post a link to the post where all the modifications are notified?

Kingdom of Germany should inherit the Duchy of Prussia when Albrecht dies if he chose to ally with his Hohenzollern cousins. The fact that his cousins are now royal family of Germany changes nothing except the fact that Kingdom of Prussia will never be formed. Any objections to this idea?

No objection.

I even intend to add cores on Prussia for Brandenburg if sequence starts but can't go until inheritance because Duchy of Prussia disappears for any reason (especially Poland turning Protestant...). In this case, AI Brandenburg is unable to become Kingdom of Prussia since cores will be granted only if Brandenburg conquers the provinces. But this can't happen because provinces are not a target for AI without core (and an player could be frustrated too).

Both enhancements could be bound together.

May I request a change of triggers for event #366807 (The peace of Königsberg for Poland)?

I was playing Brandenburg->Germany (without reloading once--I was very proud of myself! :D) and observing the Teutonic Order cleaning up on Poland. They owned Danzig, Masovia, and the province just southeast of Masovia. Poland, meanwhile, had been at war with Russia for some time, having earlier beaten up some of the Russian minors. They stayed at war during the entire 1521-1525 period in which the event could have fired, so I never got to inherit the TO. Worse, the Baltic Circle event and the later resettlement event require events in that chain, so even when I did conquer the lands, they were wrong-culture and not cores.

So, I suggest a change of trigger to:
Code:
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 301 data = LAT } #Danzig
		[COLOR="Yellow"]NOT = { war = { country = POL country = LAT } } # was atwar = no[/COLOR]
	}

Agreed. Just as a precision, Teutonic Order is supposed to be at war against Poland just before in order to justify the bankruptcy and the following sequence for Germany.

May I request a change of triggers for event #366807 (The peace of Königsberg for Poland)?

I was playing Brandenburg->Germany (without reloading once--I was very proud of myself! :D) and observing the Teutonic Order cleaning up on Poland. They owned Danzig, Masovia, and the province just southeast of Masovia. Poland, meanwhile, had been at war with Russia for some time, having earlier beaten up some of the Russian minors. They stayed at war during the entire 1521-1525 period in which the event could have fired, so I never got to inherit the TO. Worse, the Baltic Circle event and the later resettlement event require events in that chain, so even when I did conquer the lands, they were wrong-culture and not cores.

So, I suggest a change of trigger to:
Code:
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 301 data = LAT } #Danzig
		[COLOR="Yellow"]NOT = { war = { country = POL country = LAT } } # was atwar = no[/COLOR]
	}

As usual the TO should also control Danzig, not only own it.
And as the trigger mentions that Poland has been decisively beaten then Poland should not be some powerful large state. Perhaps
NOT countrysize = 15

Last edited:
Agreed. Just as a precision, Teutonic Order is supposed to be at war against Poland just before in order to justify the bankruptcy and the following sequence for Germany.
Is there any way to do this, or are you just stating the rationale for the events?

As usual the TO should also control Danzig, not only own it.
Control is not a problem here. Only important thing is Poland doesn't own Danzig and Teutonic Order owns it (even if at war with any other country but not Pöland or if the province is controlled by rebels).

And as the trigger mentions that Poland has been decisively beaten then Poland should not be some powerful large state. Perhaps
NOT countrysize = 15
Poland being decisively beaten means Poland didn't achieve taking or keeping Danzig before 1525. At least, this is how I understood the whole sequence.
Countrysize has nothing to do in the defeat.

Is there any way to do this, or are you just stating the rationale for the events?
Just stating. The whole sequence is based on the fact that Poland and Teutonic Order should have been in war just before the peace. Remember this is an alt sequence, but historical facts are here.

Of course we could check if Poland and Teutonic Order are at war between 1519 and 1525 and set a flag that will be used as condition for the peace event... but chance for the sequence to fire and Germany to get the cores will be lower with current version of GER_366817.

Easy to do and GER_366817 could be amended anyway. We could check event = 366816 OR ownership and control by Germany of the whole area and not only Prussia (i.e. Danzig, Memel, Prussia, Kurland, Estland and Livland).

Last edited:
In monarchs.ger, one of Mecklemburg's rulers is not dormant:
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 053141 }
	startdate = {
		day = 29 #31th in RL
		month = july
		year = 1713
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 28
		month = november
		year = 1747
	}
	name = "Karl V Leopold"
	DIP = 5
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
}
This is really annoying when he appears just after the 5/9/9 Friedrich VII Wilhelm der Soldatenkaiser does. :mad:

This is arguably a bug.
Yeah, sorry, I posted in the wrong thread.

Why do you say "arguably"? Why should Karl V Leopold always rule Germany? He's the only non-dormant monarch in monarchs.ger besides Sigismund I.