• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Given that they have split Germany into multiple cultures of high, low and middle German it would be fine to include Dutch as a culture if you define all of those as regional characters and not national identities. Think the -30 is a bit harsh, and if they are going to do that to Germany the same treatment should have been done to France or it artificially props up France to a greater degree then is probably prudent.

Burgundian circle:
Hmm haven't recognized any split but yes in that case it is ok to keep Dutch culture withe Germany getting it via event. I think though that since the Reichsrefrom would haveonly recently happened and the Empire is still not the powerfull realm it could become the Emperor would surely would want to get the support of as many nations as possible. France is out there so only the Habsburg Spain and Habsburg Burgundy would be a viable choice. Also if Charles V. is Emperor he still would strife to retain some freedoms for his Burgundian lands given that he is going to give the Empire not to his son but to Ferdinand. But I will give it a second thought.

Drang nach Osten:
Any proposals for the next event ? I have not much time for coding during the next week ...

Take a look at Wiki...
Maybe we should make the Teutons ASK for support changing the orderof events ?

The new Grand Master, aware of his duties to the empire and to the papacy, refused to submit to the crown of Poland. As war over the Order's existence appeared inevitable, Albert made strenuous efforts to secure allies and carried on protracted negotiations with Emperor Maximilian I.

The ill-feeling, influenced by the ravages of members of the Order in Poland, culminated in a struggle which began in December 1519 and devastated Prussia. Albert was granted a four-year truce early in 1521.

War would start in 1519 then giving The Teutons and the Empire time untill 1522/1523 to achieve victory over Poland wich would restore Danzig to the Teutons and Küstrin, Silesia as well as Pommern to the Empire if these territorys were captured. The Imperial territorys should be given back German culture if it has changed to Polish.

SorelusImperion said:
Burgundian circle:
Hmm haven't recognized any split but yes in that case it is ok to keep Dutch culture withe Germany getting it via event. I think though that since the Reichsrefrom would haveonly recently happened and the Empire is still not the powerfull realm it could become the Emperor would surely would want to get the support of as many nations as possible. France is out there so only the Habsburg Spain and Habsburg Burgundy would be a viable choice. Also if Charles V. is Emperor he still would strife to retain some freedoms for his Burgundian lands given that he is going to give the Empire not to his son but to Ferdinand. But I will give it a second thought.

Drang nach Osten:
Any proposals for the next event ? I have not much time for coding during the next week ...

Take a look at Wiki...
Maybe we should make the Teutons ASK for support changing the orderof events ?

War would start in 1519 then giving The Teutons and the Empire time untill 1522/1523 to achieve victory over Poland wich would restore Danzig to the Teutons and Küstrin, Silesia as well as Pommern to the Empire if these territorys were captured. The Imperial territorys should be given back German culture if it has changed to Polish.

Would agree on the order requesting aid, should give the HRE a CB on Poland etc.

On the Burgundian circle... the thing is if Karl tries to pull anything like that he is going to stir up a hornets nest amongst the other nobles who will request the same kind of "autonomy", and there you are back at square one trying to reknit the empire back together.

It all depends upon what you are trying to achieve with this sequence. If the Hapsburgs are lucky enough to form the KoG and they are trying to retain more income from the area while sticking the empire with the defense responsibilities for that area? I think they are going to have some political problems amongst the remaining electors, even the vassals.

Now if they are trying to be even more underhanded? Well lets just put it this way: In either event there should be relationship hits to the other member states, -30 or above should suffice. And that in a lot of cases is enough to skew the events for which states join the Empire willingly or by force.

It comes across as nakedly greedy for the Hapsburgs or weak for anyone else doing it.

Now Karl V may have had one plan for the partition historically, but would this alternate outcome to events alter how he would partition this much larger and more potent empire? I would think so. Leaving a united Germany to Ferdinand while trying to play coy with the Netherlands so as to leave his son a greater legacy at the expense of said Germany (to a degree), would be a lot more problematic then just leaving the whole shooting match to the son and ensuring Ferdinand gets Hungary, and a pretty big one at that. Maybe even cut them in on some of the overseas possessions as a sop to any injured feelings or egos. Venezuela was briefly under the jurisdiction of a group of German bankers, through that in with maybe a bit of Columbia and ensure the conquest of Hungary and Ferdie should be fine.

Not that this path doesn't have it' issues. It is going to piss off everyone and the Popes brother to see such a massive state form, but frankly I just can't see a coalition of any five states having the wherewithal to oppose it for a few years (tops 40).

Besides, Ferdies line should inherit the whole ball of wax in a couple hundred years anyway, because I can not see the Bourbons coming to power in "Spain". If they did the English would have to form some kind of North Sea alliance to oppose this combined Uber State which is an event sequence that makes my head hurt.

As it is almost any one of the German states can form KoG with some luck. I have had very little difficulty doing it with BAY when the stars have been right and the CB's allow me to get into the right wars so that I can vassalize some of the electors while doing as many as I can through diplomacy.

And of all the dynasties that have the best chance of actually doing the deed HAB is structurally the weakest in a lot of ways. The Spanish branch goes extinct and has a powerful foreign claimant to the throne, and even if they choose to go with the Austrian branch inheriting they go extinct in the male line not that long after with another local claimant with a solid claim to the throne that needed some legal legerdemain to try and void.

Both of those so close together makes for a shaky empire, and leaves open the possibility that the French could end up in charge (unless events are altered they are the default inheritors of Spain though they get them as a vassal).

On the Burgundian circle... the thing is if Karl tries to pull anything like that he is going to stir up a hornets nest amongst the other nobles who will request the same kind of "autonomy", and there you are back at square one trying to reknit the empire back together.

The final version of Charles V. inheritance deserves an event chain on it's own and the situation is similar when/IF Maria Theresia ascends to the throne...

It all depends upon what you are trying to achieve with this sequence. If the Hapsburgs are lucky enough to form the KoG and they are trying to retain more income from the area while sticking the empire with the defense responsibilities for that area? I think they are going to have some political problems amongst the remaining electors, even the vassals.

Now if they are trying to be even more underhanded? Well lets just put it this way: In either event there should be relationship hits to the other member states, -30 or above should suffice. And that in a lot of cases is enough to skew the events for which states join the Empire willingly or by force.

It comes across as nakedly greedy for the Hapsburgs or weak for anyone else doing it.

Charles and Spain:
Even after a successfull Reichsreform Spain would have far more potential than the HRE wich is just starting to regain it's former strength. We have also to take into account that Charles himself never liked Germany ("I talk French to God, Spainish to my Wife and German to my horse").

Habsburg Intention:
Giving the Emperor even more personal control over the Burgundian circle (same intention as in real life considering that Charles V. originaly wanted Philip to succeed him as Emperor)

Non-Habsburg:
Burgundy ruled by the Habsburg would have retained serious autonomy due to it's connection with Spain, Bohemia and Hungary. All of them beeing Habsburg Lands without the direct control of the Emperor. The Burgundian treaty would be a way to appease Charles and retain at least some control over Burgundy. Later on The Emperor could use and foster the rivalry between Ferdinand and Phillipe to revoke the treaty ...

relation hits... hmm perhaps... I will consider it

"Drang nach Osten"
IMPORTANT: NEED SOMEONE TO WRITE THE EVENT
Knowledge over the "Reiterkrieg" and the Polish-Teuton Relations is mandatory.

SorelusImperion said:
The final version of Charles V. inheritance deserves an event chain on it's own and the situation is similar when/IF Maria Theresia ascends to the throne...

Charles and Spain:
Even after a successfull Reichsreform Spain would have far more potential than the HRE wich is just starting to regain it's former strength. We have also to take into account that Charles himself never liked Germany ("I talk French to God, Spainish to my Wife and German to my horse").

Habsburg Intention:
Giving the Emperor even more personal control over the Burgundian circle (same intention as in real life considering that Charles V. originaly wanted Philip to succeed him as Emperor)

Non-Habsburg:
Burgundy ruled by the Habsburg would have retained serious autonomy due to it's connection with Spain, Bohemia and Hungary. All of them beeing Habsburg Lands without the direct control of the Emperor. The Burgundian treaty would be a way to appease Charles and retain at least some control over Burgundy. Later on The Emperor could use and foster the rivalry between Ferdinand and Phillipe to revoke the treaty ...

relation hits... hmm perhaps... I will consider it

"Drang nach Osten"
IMPORTANT: NEED SOMEONE TO WRITE THE EVENT
Knowledge over the "Reiterkrieg" and the Polish-Teuton Relations is mandatory.

Speaking of Maria Theresa.... Any thoughts on the war of the Austrian succession? A woman can't take the imperial throne, Karl of Bavaria is the primonogenture heir being the son of the elder aunt of M-T and I don't think a unified German Empire is going to have the same kind of wiggle room that the old one did since the crown is no longer elective. I can't see the war happening really, well not in a way that would have the Hapsburg-Lotharingan dynasty coming to power in anything other then Hungary.

Well the crown is still kind of elective as the event is written but only members of a certain dynasty are open for the election, so following the logic Karl is the male senior heir and would inherit as the electors would confirm the election and his right of blood probably in much the same manner as they elected him HEI in real life.

So, the war could be over the low countries, and Bohemia, but not so much Hungary since the nobles had already declared for M-T. Karl could push it there but why?

Back to BUR... The emperor could regain it when Karl V steps down as part of the price for confirming Ferdies inheritances of any fiefs within the HRE. The Emperor did have to confirm those, and without it you were basically screwed. The same would apply to Milan and any part of Italy within the confines of the Empire. Not that Karl would have MLO in the event of a non Hapsburg Germany in all likelihood; the timing of when you need to be emperor to start the chain off and the timing in which the inheritance of MLO are so close together that it is likely that the same guy is going to be emperor.

Hey,

maybe we should consider something like a German Revolution?

A German revolution... quite possible. It would weaken Germany enough to give France a chance later on.

I propose the inclusion of the following leaders in the German leader file:

###If Bohemia becomes part of the Empire
historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 053388 }
category = general
name = "A. von Wallenstein" #Albrecht Wensel Eusebius von Wallenstein
startdate = {
year = 1615
}
deathdate = { day = 25
month = february
year = 1634
}
rank = 1
movement = 4
fire = 4
shock = 4
siege = 1
dormant = yes
}

###Italian leaders #### perhaps only for an Catholic Empire ?
historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 053389 }
category = general
name = "O. Piccolomini" #Octavio Piccolomini
startdate = {
year = 1627
}
deathdate = {
day = 6
month = september
year = 1634 #entered the service of Spain after Nördlingen
}
rank = 1
movement = 4
fire = 4
shock = 3
siege = 1
}
historicalleader = {
id = { type = 6 id = 053390 }
category = general
name = "R. Montecuccoli" #Raimondo Montecuccoli
startdate = {
year = 1630
}
deathdate = {
day = 16
month = october
year = 1680 #changed IB
}
rank = 2
movement = 4
fire = 4
shock = 4 #increased IB
siege = 1
}

-Wallenstein
He fought in the Emperor's army IRL and I can't see why he shouldn't as long as the Empire controls Bohemia. A related event is already done and will be submitted for the next release of AGCEEP
-Piccolomini and Montecuccoli
Again I can't see a good reason why they should not serve the Emperor as they did.

Here are the events for the Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia created by :

#####################################################
### Bohemian inheritance and Reichskreis ############

event = {
id = 366200
trigger = {
flag = Germany_reform
owned = { province = 328 data = -1 } #Bohemia
owned = { province = 329 data = -1 } #Erz
owned = { province = 330 data = -1 } #Sudeten
owned = { province = 315 data = -1 } #Moravia
NOT = { exists = BOH }
event = 179108 ###Early Inheritance of Bohemia
}
random = no
country = GER
name = "Bohemian and German crowns united" #Creation of the Bohemian circle
desc = "Through astute negotiations and a bit of force we have managed to reform the Holy Roman Empire and to unite the crowns of Bohemia and Germany."

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1500 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1820 }

action_a = {
name = "Excellent."
command = { type = addcore which = 314 } #Silesia
command = { type = addcore which = 315 } #Moravia
command = { type = addcore which = 327 } #Ostmarch
command = { type = addcore which = 328 } #Bohemia
command = { type = addcore which = 329 } #Erz
command = { type = addcore which = 330 } #Sudeten
command = { type = add_countryculture which = czech }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 053388 } #Wallenstein (GER)
}
}

#(1526) The Death of King Lajos of Bohemia - by McLeod
event = {
id = 366201
trigger = {
OR = {
monarch = 022508 #Lev z Rozmitálu (Regent)
monarch = 022526 #Lev z Rozmitálu (Regent) 2nd version
monarch = 022525 #Karel z Minsterberka (Regent)
flag = Germany_Habsburg
}
}
random = no
country = BOH
name = "EVENTNAME3642" #The Death of King Lajos of Bohemia
desc = "EVENTHIST3642"
#-#In the year 1526 King Lajos II died childless, Emperor Maximilian of Habsburg, also King-elect of Bohemia and thus Elector of the Empire managed to have the kingship become hereditary in his family.

date = { day = 28 month = august year = 1526 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3642A" #Accept the Habsburgs as Elected Kings
command = { type = trigger which = 366203 } #GER: The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
command = { type = treasury value = 200 }
command = { type = dynastic which = GER }
command = { type = alliance which = GER }
command = { type = relation which = GER value = 100 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3642B" #Accept the Habsburgs as Hereditary Kings
command = { type = trigger which = 366204 } #HAB: The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia
}
}

#(1541) The Death of King Lajos of Bohemia, part II - by McLeod
event = {
id = 366202
trigger = {
monarch = 022509 #Ferdinand I
event = 366201
flag = Germany_Habsburg
}
random = no
country = BOH
name = "EVENTNAME19007" #Fire In Prague Castle
desc = "EVENTHIST19007"
#-#Ferdinand kept pressuring the Bohemian Diet for hereditary rights. Finally, he found the opportunity he was looking for. On June 2, 1541, all of Bohemia's state records were burned in a major fire at Prag Castle. Ferdinand convened the Bohemian Diet and ordered them to make his royal title hereditary unless they could find recorded evidence to the contrary. Since the contrary evidence had just gone up in smoke, the Diet acceded to Ferdinand's demands.

date = { day = 2 month = june year = 1541 }
offset = 28
deathdate = { day = 2 month = july year = 1541 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME19007A" #We will acceed to the will of Ferdinand
command = { type = trigger which = 366204 } #HAB: The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia
}
}

#(1526) The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia
event = {
id = 366203
trigger = {
NOT = { vassal = { country = BOH country = GER } }
}
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME3187" #The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia
desc = "EVENTHIST3187"
#-#In the year 1526 King Lajos II died childless, Emperor Maximilian of Habsburg, also King-elect of Bohemia and thus Elector of the Empire managed to have the kingship become hereditary in his family.

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3187A" #I will become the King of Bohemia
command = { type = vassal which = BOH }
command = { type = relation which = BOH value = 100 }
}
}

#(1526) The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia
event = {
id = 366204 #triggered by BOH_366201 B
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME3733" #The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia
desc = "EVENTHIST3733"

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3733A" #Bohemia is now secured for Our Dynasty
command = { type = inherit which = BOH }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = czech }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
command = { type = addcore which = 314 } #Silesia
command = { type = addcore which = 315 } #Moravia
command = { type = addcore which = 327 } #Ostmarch
command = { type = addcore which = 328 } #Bohemia
command = { type = addcore which = 329 } #Erz
command = { type = addcore which = 330 } #Sudeten
command = { type = wakeleader which = 053388 } #Wallenstein (GER)
}
}

And again I am asking for an expert in Polish History to help me writing the "Drang nach Osten" event chain. I have to study so I can't do all the work on my own.

Order asking for help:

############################################################
### Drang nach Osten: Polen, Litauen und Deutscher Orden ###
############################################################

event = {
id = 366800
trigger = {
exists = GER
}
random = no
country = LAT
name = "Albrechts decision"
desc = "Duke Frederick of Saxony, Grandmaster of the Teutonic Order died in December 1510. Albrecht von Hohenzollern was chosen as his successor early in 1511 in the hope that his relationship to his maternal uncle, Sigismund I the Old, King of Poland, would facilitate a settlement of the disputes over eastern Prussia, wich had been held by the Order under Polish suzerainty since the Second Peace of Torun in 1466. The new Grand Master, aware of his duties to the empire and to the papacy, refused to submit to the crown of Poland and instead swore allegiance to the Holy Roman Empire. As war over the Order's existence appeared inevitable, Albert made strenuous efforts to secure allies and carried on protracted negotiations with the Emperor."

date = { day = 13 month = february year = 1511 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1511 }

action_a = {
name = "Swear allegiance to the Holy Roman Empire."
command = { type = breakvassal which = DAN }
command = { type = breakvassal which = SWE }
command = { type = breakvassal which = LIT }
command = { type = breakvassal which = POL }
command = { type = breakvassal which = LIV }
command = { type = relation which = GER value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = LIT value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = POL value = -200 }
command = { type = stability value = 3 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Honor the Treaty of Torun. And become a Polish vassal."
command = { type = relation which = LIT value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = POL value = 100 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 366801 }

}
}

event = {
id = 366801
trigger = {
event = 366800 #LAT: ALbrecht's decision
}
random = no
country = GER
name = "Albrecht's decision" #Reforms in the Empire
desc = "Duke Frederick of Saxony, Grandmaster of the Teutonic Order died in December 1510. Albrecht von Hohenzollern was chosen as his successor early in 1511 in the hope that his relationship to his maternal uncle, Sigismund I the Old, King of Poland, would facilitate a settlement of the disputes over eastern Prussia, wich had been held by the Order under Polish suzerainty since the Second Peace of Torun in 1466. The new Grand Master, aware of his duties to the empire and to the papacy, refused to submit to the crown of Poland and instead swore allegiance to the Holy Roman Empire. As war over the Order's existence appeared inevitable, Albert made strenuous efforts to secure allies and carried on protracted negotiations with the Emperor."

date = { day = 2 month = january year = 1511 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1514 }

action_a = {
name = "Accept his oath of allegiance and protect the Order."
command = { type = relation which = LAT value = 80 }
command = { type = vassal which = LAT }
command = { type = alliance which = LAT }
command = { type = cash value = -100 } #financial Support to the order
}
action_b = {
name = "Reject him. The King of Poland is his legal suzerain."
command = { type = relation which = LAT value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = POL value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = LIT value = 50 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 366802 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 366803 }

}
}

event = {
id = 366802
trigger = {
event = 366801 #LAT: ALbrecht's decision
}
random = no
country = GER
name = "Albrecht's decision" #Reforms in the Empire
desc = "The Teutonic Order joins our alliance"

offset = 10

action_a = {
name = "Accept his oath of allegiance and protect the Order."
command = { type = alliance which = LAT }
}
}

event = {
id = 366803
trigger = {
event = 366802 #LAT: ALbrecht's decision
}
random = no
country = LAT
name = "EVENTNAME185703" #Reforms in the Empire

offset = 10

action_a = {
name = "The Emperor has accepted our offer" #Defy the Emperor
command = { type = breakvassal which = GER }
command = { type = cash value = 100 }
}
}

edit: some "new" flavour events edited to make them working for Germany

##########################################
### FLAVOUR EVENTS #######################
##########################################

#(1729-1740) Bach (original by Paradox) - Flavor
#by Henrik 'Doomdark' Fåhraeus - modified by Mfigueras
event = {
id = 366293
trigger = {
stability = -1
OR = {
religion = reformed
religion = protestant
}
}
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME5170" #Johann Sebastian Bach
desc = "EVENTHIST5170"
#-#Bach was a composer of the Baroque era the most celebrated member of a large family of northern German musicians. Although he was admired by his contemporaries primarily as an outstanding harpsichordist organist and expert on organ building Bach is now generally regarded as one of the greatest composers of all time.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1729 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1740 }

action_a = {
name = "OK"
command = { type = vp value = 15 }
command = { type = infra value = 15 }
}
}

#(1730) Gottsched publishes the Versuch einer rationalistischen Dichtkunst
#by Twoflower
event = {
id = 366294
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME273029" #Johann Christoph Gottsched
desc = "EVENTHIST273029"
#-#The works of Johann Christoph Gottsched introduced the principles of the, Enlightenment to German literature. As a literary critic and theorist, Gottsched tried to construct a completely new literature on, rationalist principles. In his main work, 'Versuch einer critischen, Dichtkunst' (A Critical Approach to Poetry) published in 1730, Gottsched rejected poetic conceit, stressing instead the purity of, language and classical form. Gottsched worked as a professor of poetry, and literature at the University of Leipzig for most of his life, dominating the intellectual life of that city as well as 18th century, German literature until Lessing began to question these ideas and the, Sturm und Drang movement established another understanding of poetry, in the Germanic states.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1730 }
offset = 360
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1730 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME273029A" #Interesting ideas
command = { type = infra value = 30 }
}
}

#(1779) Lessing publishes Nathan der Weise
#by Twoflower
event = {
id = 366295
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME181003" #Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
desc = "EVENTHIST331048"
#-#Gotthold Ephraim Lessing was one of the most influential figures of the Enlightenment in Germany and can be considered the father of the modern German theater and literary criticism. Born in Upper Lusatia in 1729, he came in contact with literature and philosophy at the university of Meissen. After working quite unsuccessfully as a playwright and literary critic in Leipzig, Berlin, Breslau and Hamburg, he finally got an office as librarian in Wolfenbüttel, paid by his patron, the elector of Hannover. He was strongly influenced by classic poetry and dramaturgy and, especially, by Shakespeare and wanted German theater to follow these ideals instead of the French classical theater. While he tried to contribute to the establishment of a German national theater in Hamburg between 1766-1769 (which eventually failed), he wrote down his ideas of a drama true to the spirit of Aristotelian dramatic unities and devoted to spread the ideas of the Enlightenment in the Hamburgische Dramaturgie. According to him, the audience should be made to identify with the actors through pity and fear, and, witnessing the catastrophic outcome, be freed from unnatural desires and emotions. He opposed simple, unrealistic black-and-white characters and introduced more ambivalent personalities in his plays. Most of them were set in a middle-class environment and advocate the ideals of the burghers, thus following Lessing's idea of the Bürgerliches Trauerspiel. His most famous plays are Miss Sara Sampson (1755), Minna von Barnhelm (1763), Emilia Galotti (1772) and Nathan der Weise (1779), the last being the most prominent one due to its controversial plea for tolerance and religous freedom. Lessing was also important as a merciless and aggressive literary critic, the first who in a brillant way honestly expressed his opinion of contemporary literature.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1779 }
offset = 360
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1779 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME181003A" #What a great writer"
command = { type = infra value = 50 }
}
}

#(1782-1783) Haydn - Flavor
event = {
id = 366296
trigger = { stability = -1 }
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME179036" #Franz Joseph Haydn
desc = "EVENTHIST179036"
#-#The composer Franz-Joseph Haydn was appointed in 1759 as Vice-Kapellmeister to one of the leading Hungarian families, the Esterházys, becoming Kapellmeister in 1766. The works at Esterháza show an increasing enterprise, originality and freedom of style as well as melodic fluency, command of form, and humour, which carried Haydn's reputation beyond central Europe. In 1790, Nikolaus Esterházy died, but Haydn was retained by his son and was free to live in Vienna. In his last years his works show great diversity of style and seriousness of content yet retaining his vitality and fluency of utterance. At that time he composed his two great oratorios, 'The Creation' and 'The Seasons', clearly influenced by those of Haendel. Haydn died in 1809, after twice dictating his recollections and preparing a catalogue of his works. He was widely revered and is regarded, with justice, as father of the symphony and the string quartet.

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1782 }
offset = 360
deathdate = { day = 29 month = november year = 1783 }

action_a = {
name = "GREAT"
command = { type = infra value = 25 }
command = { type = relation which = -1 value = 10 }
}
}

#(1788-1790) Mozart for GER (original by Paradox) - Flavor
event = {
id = 366297
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME5191" #Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
desc = "EVENTHIST5191"
#-#Mozart is widely recognized as one of the greatest composers in the history of Western music. With Haydn and Beethoven he brought to its height the achievement of the Viennese Classical school. Unlike any other composer in musical history he wrote in all the musical genres of his day and excelled in every one. His taste his command of form and his range of expression entitle him to be considered the most universal of all composers.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1788 }
offset = 360
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1790 }

action_a = {
name = "OK"
}
}

#(1808-1810) Beethoven for GER (original by Paradox) - Flavor
event = {
id = 366298
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME5190" #Ludwig van Beethoven
desc = "EVENTHIST5190"
#-#Ludwig van Beethoven was a universal genius widely regarded as the greatest composer who ever lived He dominated a period of musical history as no one else before or since. Rooted in the Classical traditions of Haydn and Mozart his art reaches out to encompass the new spirit of humanism expressed in the works of Goethe and Schiller his elder contemporaries in the world of literature and above all in the ideals of the French Revolution with its passionate concern for the freedom and dignity of the individual.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1808 }
offset = 360
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1810 }

action_a = {
name = "OK"
}
}

#(1818-1820) Schubert for GER - Flavor
#text from Grove Concide Dictionary of Music
event = {
id = 366299
trigger = { stability = 1 }
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME179033" #Franz Schubert
desc = "EVENTHIST179033"
#-#Schubert showed an extraordinary childhood aptitude for music. By 1814 he had produced piano pieces, string quartets, a symphony and an opera. His huge output of 1814-15 includes numerous songs, besides two more symphonies, three masses and four stage works. From this time he enjoyed the companionship of several friends. Frequently gathering for evenings of Schubert's music, this group represented the new phenomenon of an educated, musically aware middle class. In 1818 more songs poured out, including 'Der Wanderer', and instrumental pieces: piano sonatas and the 5 and 6 Symphonies began to show increased harmonic subtlety. Schubert's fame was long limited to that of a songwriter, since the bulk of his large output was not even published until the late 19th century. Yet he produced major instrumental masterpieces. These are marked by an intense lyricism, a spontaneous chromatic modulation that is surprising yet clearly purposeful, and an imagination that creates its own formal structures.

date = { day = 1 month = june year = 1818 }
offset = 360
deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
name = "GREAT"
command = { type = vp value = 5 }
command = { type = infra value = 15 }
}
}

##### Habsburg Dynasty ##############################

#(1702-1740) University in Breslau
event = {
id = 366308
trigger = {
flag = Germany_reform
flag = Germany_Habsburg
owned = { province = 314 data = -1 } #Silesia
atwar = no
OR = {
religion = catholic
religion = counterreform
}
}
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME179068" #University in Breslau
desc = "EVENTHIST179068"
#-#In second half of the XVII century the Jesuits in Breslau started to run college in the former ducal castle. Their school became quite popular, but it also had enemies among protestant burghers. The seat of their college soon became to small and the rector Friedrich Wolf von Lüdinghausen asked Leopold II for new seat and establishing university in Breslau. On 21st October 1702 Leopold II agreed and signed in Vienna the Golden Bull that founded the University in Breslau, St. Leopold became the patron of the new founded university. The university had only two faculties, philosophical and theological (catholic).

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1702 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1740 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME179068A" #Allow Jesuits to run the university
command = { type = cash value = -25 }
command = { type = infra value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 20 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME179068B" #There is no need for it
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -20 }
}
}

#(1419-1513) Extermination of the Old Swiss Confederation - Ahistorical
event = {
id = 366309
trigger = {
flag = Germany_reform
flag = Germany_Habsburg
owned = { province = 388 data = GER } #Bern
owned = { province = 1612 data = GER } #Schwyz
control = { province = 388 data = GER } #Bern
control = { province = 1612 data = GER } #Schwyz
NOT = { exists = HEL }
NOT = { exists = TYR } #Tyrol has the claims on Switzerland - only when Tyrol is gone can HAB/Austria mess around there
NOT = { event = 20307 } #must be before Swiss get more non-german cantons
}
random = no
country = GER
name = "EVENTNAME179063" #The fate of the Old Swiss Confederation
desc = "EVENTHIST179063"
#-#For years the house of Habsburg and the rebellious peasants that dared to form the Swiss Confederation in defiance of our overlordship over their lands, have been struggling against each other. Now we are in a position to dictate what should happen in the lands that are again and forever ours.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1513 } #must be before Switzerland gains more non-german cantons

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME179063A" #Gracefully allow them to keep their identity
command = { type = independence which = HEL }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HEL value = 1612 } #Schwyz
command = { type = secedeprovince which = HEL value = 388} #Bern
command = { type = relation which = HEL value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = BUR value = 10 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 10 }
command = { type = badboy value = -4 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME179063B" #Replace the administration with germans
command = { type = addcore which = 1612 } #Schwyz
command = { type = addcore which = 388 } #Bern
command = { type = provinceculture which = 388 value = german } #Bern
command = { type = provinceculture which = 1612 value = german } #Schwyz
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = BUR value = -50 }
command = { type = revolt which = 388 } #Bern
command = { type = revolt which = 1612 } #Schwyz
}
}

Last edited:
I am not much of an expert on Polish history so the best that I can say is that the events look good.

Depending upon how things go in the entire move East angle the coming to power of the Pfalz-Zweibruken Kings in Sweden may open it up again. That is going to have to be considered and examined as well.

You have the order requesting aid that the empire is honor bound to give and likely making some gains. Followed not that far in the future by a German house coming to power as Kings of Sweden with a claim upon Poland as well; depending upon the relations/religion of the empire or the house that founds it that could be another flash point to draw the HRE Eastward. And then not that far in the future if things have been going sort of historically you are going to have the Wettin' become Kings of Poland....

I really can't see Poland not becoming some kind of satellite state of the empire given all the known historical impulses that would be available.

I am almost done with the next phase having scripted the TO declaration of war against Poland I now need advice on the victory conditions for the order.

This are the current events wich trigger the war and later on signal the victory of the Teutonic Order:

event = {
id = 366805
trigger = {
event = 366803 #LAT: Albrecht's decision
}
random = no
country = LAT
name = "The Reiterkrieg"
desc = "After long preparations and having obtained the Emperor's support Albrech finaly felt strong enough to embark on his gamble. In December 1519 he provoked the Polish King by attacking and plundring the city of Braunsberg."

date = { day = 2 month = december year = 1519 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1520 }

action_a = {
name = "Now it is time to make our move."
command = { type = addcore which = 301 } #Torun
command = { type = war which = POL }
}
}

event = {
id = 366806
trigger = {

owned = { province = 301 data = POL } #Pommerelia (Danzig)
stability = 3

atwar = no
}
random = no
country = POL
name = "An Armistice ?"
desc = "With both Poland and the Teutonic Order beeing exhausted they agreed on an armistice largely confirming the status quo. With it's army rebuild though the King of Poland decided to break the armistice and finish destroy the Order."

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1521 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1522 }

action_a = {
name = "Bring an end to the conflict."
command = { type = war which = LAT }
}
}

event = {
id = 366807
trigger = {
owned = { province = 301 data = LAT } #Pommerelia (Danzig)
atwar = no
}
random = no
country = POL
name = "The peace of Königsberg" #Reforms in the Empire
desc = "With Poland decesively beaten by the Teutonic Order it was forced to sign the treaty of Königsberg between the Holy Roman Empire, the Teutonic Order and Poland. By the terms of this treaty Poland was forced to renounce all it's claims on Silesia and Neumark as well as restoring Western Prussia to the Teutonic Order. "

date = { day = 2 month = january year = 1521 }
offset = 10
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1525 }

action_a = {
name = "A shame for king and country."
command = { type = trigger which = 366808 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = BOH value = 314 } #Silesia
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 314 } #Silesia
command = { type = secedeprovince which = BRA value = 313 } #Küstrin
command = { type = secedeprovince which = BRA value = 302 } #Hinterpommern
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 313 } #Küstrin
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 302 } #Hinterpommern
}
}

event = {
id = 366808
random = no
country = LAT
name = "The peace of Königsberg" #Reforms in the Empire
desc = "With Poland decesively beaten by the Teutonic Order it was forced to sign the treaty of Königsberg between the Holy Roman Empire, the Teutonic Order and Poland. By the terms of this treaty Poland was forced to renounce all it's claims on Silesia and Neumark as well as restoring Western Prussia to the Teutonic Order. Though the Order had won the war against Poland it's economy was in ruins and its dependency on the Empire greater than ever."

action_a = {
name = "Let us rebuild the order now."
command = { type = secedeprovince which = BOH value = 314 } #Silesia
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 314 } #Silesia
command = { type = secedeprovince which = BRA value = 313 } #Küstrin
command = { type = secedeprovince which = BRA value = 302 } #Hinterpommern
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 313 } #Küstrin
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 302 } #Hinterpommern
}
}

Hey Guys,

This is way over my head, but I was wondering why more of the events from the German minors aren't included in Alt_Germany?

What is the thinking on why a united Germany couldn't still have the inheritance of Prussia, for example?

I made it for Italy and created plausible events for countries able to form Italy based on historical ones. If someone is willing to do the same (and extend the few existing ones) for Germany, why not...

Last edited:
What is the thinking on why a united Germany couldn't still have the inheritance of Prussia, for example?

While I would generaly agree on the matter of keeping inheritances there was also serious opposition to it and as far as I observed the situation there was no agreement.

Some of the more important inheritance events wich come to my mind:
Bohemia - Is "under discussion" with no major opposition.
Hungary- "under discussion" no agreement reached, 50-50 rate of those who would like to see Germany getting Hungary those and who are against it.
Prussian inheritance- Look above. A new event series was proposed by me and is scripted up to a certein point due to the close relation between the Teutonic Order and the Empire. If the TO survives this would make the regular Prussian inheritance obsolete as there is no "Prussia".

At the moment though there are far to few people beeing interested in actualy doing some work on this project and it is put on hold since I have not enough time to create complex, plausible semi-historical event chains all on my own.

SorelusImperion said:
At the moment though there are far to few people beeing interested in actualy doing some work on this project and it is put on hold since I have not enough time to create complex, plausible semi-historical event chains all on my own.
i'm interested but i'm a complete newbie in the field of scripting.

will you complete the other events? there are a lot without describtion...

can i use all of your events or are there some which exclude eachother because they are maybe alternative ways for the same goal and not just habsburg-hohenzollern-differenz? :confused:

btw: some wettin-events would ne nice ^^

i want to create an event that gives coreprovinces to the unified german kingdom when it annex the teutonic order after war. this is my first own event so i have no clue if it would work. i hope the id (366114) is still free. would the event work if i copy this lines simply in the alt_germany file? and please some help with the leaders. would a non-teutonic dynastie get those generals?

so and here is it:

#STEP1
#(1435-1455) Danzig has a chance to become a trade center
#Vilkouak-AGC modified for homebrew fantasy
event = {
id = 366115
trigger = {
owned = { province = 301 data = GER } #Danzig
control = { province = 301 data = GER } #Danzig
NOT = { exists = LAT }
atwar = no
}
random = no
province = 301 #Danzig
name = "EVENTNAME20124" #Danzig has a chance to become a trade center
desc = "EVENTHIST20124"
#-#Western Europe was in growing need of grain in the 15th century. It couldn't be gained any other means than by trade. Poland produced much more grain than it needed. 'Homo Oeconomicus' got his chance and used it very well. Danzig, a city always based on trade, reshaped into the most important center in the Baltic region, excepting only perhaps Lubeck.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1435 }
offset = 300
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1455 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME20124A" #Yes, we can make money on it
command = { type = provinceculture which = 301 value = german } #Middle German #Danzig
command = { type = population which = 301 value = 5000 } #Danzig
command = { type = provincetax which = 301 value = 3 } #Danzig
command = { type = removecot which = 282 } #Livland
command = { type = cot which = 301 } #Danzig
#command = { type = stability value = 1 } too much for the KoG
command = { type = treasury value = -50 }
command = { type = relation which = POL value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = LIV value = -200 }
command = { type = relation which = BRA value = -100 }
}
}

#STEP2
#(1512-1819) controlling the order
event = {
id = 366114
trigger = {
flag = Germany_reform
owned = { province = 301 data = -1 } #Danzig
owned = { province = 289 data = -1 } #Memel
owned = { province = 346 data = -1 } #Prussia
NOT = { exists = PRU } #unlikely, but better to check
NOT = { exists = LAT } #unlikely, but better to check
NOT = { exists = BRA } #unlikely, but better to check
event = 366115 #[its necessary, that event 366115 is accomplished]

}
random = no
country = GER
name = "controlling the order"
desc = "to the dislike of our neighbours, the teutonic order is controlled by us..."

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1512 }
offset = 600
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1819 }

action_a = {
name = "poisoned relations"
command = { type = relation which = POL value = -150 }
command = { type = relation which = LIT value = -150 }
#command = { type = alliance = { country = POL country = LIT } #[unsure if this is correct to implement an alliance between poland and lithuania]
command = { type = casusbelli which = LIT value = 60 }
command = { type = casusbelli which = POL value = 60 }
#Teutonic leaders available to non-teutonic; would that work?
command = { type = wakeleader which = 075800 } #GER: Plattenberg
command = { type = wakeleader which = 075801 } #GER: Albrecht
command = { type = wakeleader which = 075802 } #GER: Magnus
command = { type = wakeleader which = 075803 } #GER: Zinnenbergs
}

}

#STEP3
#(1512-1819) war for the territories
event = {
id = 366116
trigger = {
flag = Germany_reform
NOT = { badboy = 7 }
atwar = no
stability = 2
event = 366115
}
random = no
country = GER
name = "war for the territories"
desc = "we are forcing eastcolonisation in the baltic marche for a certain time. its time for new decisions."

offset = 600
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1600 }

action_a = {
name = "send more knights and settlers and change population majority in that marche ANYHOW"
command = { type = provinceculture which = 289 value = german } #Middle German #Memel
command = { type = provinceculture which = 290 value = german } #Middle German #Prussia
command = { type = provincetax which = 301 value = 2 } #Danzig
command = { type = provincetax which = 289 value = 2 } #Memel
command = { type = provincetax which = 290 value = 2 } #Prussia
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 301 value = 1 } #Danzig
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 289 value = 1 } #Memel
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 290 value = 1 } #Prussia
command = { type = war which = POL } #they should attack KoG
command = { type = war which = LIT }

command = { type = treasury value = -250 }
command = { type = colonists value = -6 }
}

action_b = {
name = "Status Quo, peaceful living with the slavic and baltic population in the baltic marche"
command = { type = relation which = POL value = 100 }
command = { type = relation which = LIT value = 100 }
}

}

#STEP4
#(1512-1819) Integration of the Teutonic Order in the KoG
event = {
id = 366117
trigger = {
flag = Germany_reform
NOT = { badboy = 5 }
atwar = no
stability = 2
OR = {
vassal = { country = GER country = POL }
NOT = { exists = POL }
}
OR = {
vassal = { country = GER country = LIT}
NOT = { exists = LIT }
}
event = 366116

}
random = no
country = GER
name = "Integration of the Teutonic Order in the KoG"
desc = "after our victorious wars against that rodden hounds, we could forced them to give up all claims regarding our baltic march. its now a full integrated part of our kingdom."

offset = 600
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1819 }

action_a = {
name = "establishing the baltic circle"
command = { type = addcore which = 301 } #Danzig
command = { type = addcore which = 289 } #Memel
command = { type = addcore which = 290 } #Prussia
command = { type = provincetax which = 301 value = 1 } #Danzig
command = { type = provincetax which = 289 value = 1 } #Memel
command = { type = provincetax which = 290 value = 1 } #Prussia
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 301 value = 1 } #Danzig
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 289 value = 1 } #Memel
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 290 value = 1 } #Prussia

}

}

other ideas for events:

cores in schlesien (silesia) and erz:
in those provinces should be cores from the time of unification.
#1 bohemia was an important part of the empire (and erzgebirge still is - not so important but a part of the wonderful saxony;)).
#2 these provinces have german and no czech culture.

for the rest of bohemia getting the cores i read here a nice event. or some nice events. confusing.

burgundish circle:
if burgundish / burgundian (don't know which is the correct english name) circle has been created, there should be add cores in friesen, geldern, holland, zeeland, brabant, flandern and franche-comte. luxembourg should get the core with the other german minors at the moment of the unification. in 1548, the reichstag in augsburg gaves the circle away and so the cores in friesen, geldern, holland, zeeland, brabant, flandern and franche-comte should be deleted. luxembourg should then considered as integral part of germany and keep its core. compensation for the lost of the circle (and the cores) should be a triplicate of the taxes in those provinces (only for germany) because the burgundy treaty stated the high taxburden for loosing the circle.

//ok, i see there is already some way...

leipziger messe
in 1497 kaiser maximillian I. grants some tradeprivileges to some german cities. leipzig had already since the 11. or 12. century (not quite sure yet but it was extreme early) other tradeprivileges and is considered as the first german city which could hold trade fairs. today 'leipziger messe' is considered as the oldest trade fair worldwide. it would make sense so place a permanent tradecenter in saxony in 1419 or 1497. if saxony has the tradecenter from the start, it would for the german minors easier to play. they don't has to run to the north for a tradecenter.

//done, also for basel and bozen

türkenpfennig - taxes and troops
in 10.03.1481 the türkenpfennig was raised the first time. the german minor states had to give the emperor some money, food and whatever was needed to support the empires preparations for a future war against the turks. i think an one time gift of gold and higher troopsupport would do it.
at the reichstag in worms 1521 the türkenpfennig was official introduced as tax in the empire. the taxvalues and the taxincome should be raised.

römermonat - taxes and troops
also at the wormser reichstag the reichsmatrikelordnung were stated. the minor states had to give 128000 gulden as support for the 20000 infantrymen (for each 4 gulden) and the 4000 cavalrymen (for each 12 gulden) big imperial army. this would also be a good event for the minor states in a not unified germany. the menpower should be raised and some enthusiastic troops should appear.

reichstürkenhilfe - taxes and troops
when the empire is at war against the osman. empire, there should be extra taxes, some gold, menpower and troops. if thats not possibly, then only for the first war against them.
when the empire is at war against the turks and the german kingdom wasn't created, the smaller german states should be forced to support the imperial army with money.

creating the german kingdom with the teutonic order
the player plays the teutonic order and wants to create germany. it should be possible! in 1440 there was a conflict between the hochmeister and the deutschmeister. the player has to choose factions. side A means ally with poland and playing game as polish vassal on the historic prussian way. side B means ally with the german emperor and focussing orderpolicy on the german states away from the balticpolicy. the teutonic order is now to consider as one of the other german minor states and its culture changed from baltic&polish to german. the way to create the empire is free.

war events: - some of them only for the case that the german kingdom hasn't been formed.

1436-1450 alter zürichkrieg (old zürichwar)
1445-1451 saxonian brotherwar
1461-1462 mainzer stiftsfehde (war baden vs. pfalz)
1474-1477 burgunderkrieg (war burgund vs. "switzerland")
1489-1490 st. gallerkrieg (swiss brotherwar)

the italian wars:
1508-1510 germany fights against league of cambrai in italy
1511-1513 germany fights with the holy league in italy
1521-1525 germany fights against france in italy (karl V. vs franz I.)
1526-1530 germany fights against france in italy (karl V. vs franz I.) -> league of cognac
1535-15?? germany fights against france in italy (karl V. vs franz I.)
1542-1544 germany fights against france (karl V. vs franz I.)
1552-1556 germany fights against france (karl V. vs franz I.)

1526 revolts (fürstenaufstand) in a not unified germany
1522-1523 revolt in pfalz
1524-1526 peasantrevolt
1526-1555 first (austrian but here a german) turkish war
1546-1547 schmalkaldischer krieg (schmalkaldian war?)
1566-1568 second turkish war
1593-1615 third turkish war
1595-1597 peasantrevolts in austrian lands
1626 peaseantrevolt in austria
1663-1664 fourth turkish war
1674-1679 war brandenburg vs sweden
1683-1699 fifth turkish war
1688-1697 pfälzererbfolgekrieg (nineyear war) - only in non unified germany
1700-1721 great nordish war
1701-1714 war of spanish succession
1714-1718 sixth turkish war
1718-1720 war of the quadrupelalliance
1735-1739 russian-german turkish war
1787-1792 eight turkish war

Last edited:
chefkoch said:
i'm interested but i'm a complete newbie in the field of scripting.

i want to create an event that gives coreprovinces to the unified german kingdom when it annex the teutonic order. this is my first own event so i have no clue if it would work. i hope the id (366114) is still free. would the event work if i copy this lines simply in the alt_germany file? and please some help with the leaders. would a non-teutonic dynastie get those generals?

so and here is it:

other ideas for events:

cores in schlesien (silesia) and erz:
in those provinces should be cores from the time of unification.
#1 bohemia was an important part of the empire (and erzgebirge still is - not so important but a part of the wonderful saxony;)).
#2 these provinces have german and no czech culture.

for the rest of bohemia getting the cores i read here a nice event.

There is a misunderstanding here: "Bohemia was an important part of the empire" is correct - but that empire is not the Kingdom of Germany. Bohemia was part of the Holy Roman Empire of German Nation - and Bohemia was a kingdom of it´s own just as Italy was. So while Bohemia is inside the HRE it´s without question outside the KoG...

I agree with ConjurerDragon.

Anyone can mod AGCEEP to his taste but it is impossible to ask us to include stuffs that aren't plausible in core AGCEEP. For this, only solution is a separate Fantasy scenario (see Granada and on going Byzantium Triumphant). Fantasy Byzantium included in AGCEEP is just a model for such scenarios.

ConjurerDragon said:
There is a misunderstanding here: "Bohemia was an important part of the empire" is correct - but that empire is not the Kingdom of Germany. Bohemia was part of the Holy Roman Empire of German Nation - and Bohemia was a kingdom of it´s own just as Italy was. So while Bohemia is inside the HRE it´s without question outside the KoG...
i know, i know... ;)
i suggest this only to underline possible claims of germany against bohemia. if there is a german nationalstate, the emperor would try to get as many provinces with german culture in it as possible. silesia and erz are such provinces. it just make sense and if its historic uncorrect, so what ...united HRE, hello?

for the rest of bohemia i only refered to the ideas of someone else

@yodamaster: i don't want that you put my ideas in your projekt. it would be cool the see e.g. a tradecenter in leipzig, right, but ist not necessary. i just wants for me some more fun events that make sense! - even if historic not 100% correct. i'm just asking for some help for scripting.

chefkoch said:
i know, i know... ;)
i suggest this only to underline possible claims of germany against bohemia. if there is a german nationalstate, the emperor would try to get as many provinces with german culture in it as possible. silesia and erz are such provinces. it just make sense and if its historic uncorrect, so what ...united HRE, hello?

for the rest of bohemia i only refered to the ideas of someone else

@yodamaster: i don't want that you put my ideas in your projekt. it would be cool the see e.g. a tradecenter in leipzig, right, but ist not necessary. i just wants for me some more fun events that make sense! - even if historic not 100% correct. i'm just asking for some help for scripting.

The problem is the difference between historical, ahistorical and fantasy.
AGCEEP tries to be historical in the a choice of all events. Ahistorical event chains should only happen as the result of a B choice and fantasy events are outside the core and put in a fantasy scenario.

"kingdom of Germany" is ahistorical already while it had a slight chance of becoming history. However a "national german state" that claims rights to every german province is absolute fantasy in the timeline of EU2. A german national state historically was not possible before Napoleon was defeated and prussia and Austria had their war deciding if it´s a small or large german nation.

However in your own game you can modify whatever you want (as I do myself in mine). So I only point out that you miss sudeten province. This province changes to german culture as result of the Edict of Restitution that happens in 1629 (Event 3196 HAB or Austria). So wait until that time and add Sudeten too :D

Ok, in this case, event should work with current version but be aware 1.54 version will be released soon and standard for flag has been modified for this version. Check last 1.54 available beta here.

ConjurerDragon said:
So I only point out that you miss sudeten province. This province changes to german culture as result of the Edict of Restitution that happens in 1629 (Event 3196 HAB or Austria). So wait until that time and add Sudeten too :D
hm, sounds like i've nothing to change even if i'm not habsburg and austria doesn't exists anymore (part of germany ;) )

Last edited:
chefkoch said:
leipziger messe
in 1497 kaiser maximillian I. grants some tradeprivileges to some german cities. leipzig had already since the 11. or 12. century (not quite sure yet but it was extreme early) other tradeprivileges and is considered as the first german city which could hold trade fairs. today 'leipziger messe' is considered as the oldest trade fair worldwide. it would make sense so place a permanent tradecenter in saxony in 1419 or 1497. if saxony has the tradecenter from the start, it would for the german minors easier to play. they don't has to run to the north for a tradecenter.

i made a simply event for the leipziger messe (trade fair).

i'm not sure but the KI wouldn't get the taxraise, right?

#(1497) Leipzig gets the privilege for holding trade fairs
event = {
id = 366120
trigger = {
owned = { province = 331 } #Saxony
}
random = no
province = 331 #Saxony
name = "Leipzig gets the privilege for holding trade fairs"
desc = "Im Jahre 1497 ließ Kaiser Maximilian I. das kaiserliche Privileg für alle drei Messen in Leipzig ausfertigen. Kaufleuten und ihren Waren wurde damit in allen Ländern des Heiligen Römischen Reiches Deutscher Nation freies Geleit gewährt. Bekräftigt wurde dieses Privileg im Jahre 1507 durch das Kaiserliche Stapelprivileg. Nunmehr war es untersagt, im Umkreis von 15 Meilen (115 Kilometer) neue Jahrmärkte zu errichten. Nur in Leipzig war es erlaubt, Warenlager zu unterhalten, bereits bestehende Zwischenlager an anderen Orten mussten aufgelöst werden. Auch das Umfahren der Stadt war untersagt. Die Händler hatten vorgeschriebene Geleitstraßen zu nutzen. Diese führten natürlich nach Leipzig, wo jeder Auswärtige seine Ware wiegen lassen, verzollen und mindestens drei Tage lang zum Verkauf anbieten musste. All diese Privilegien bewirkten, dass sich Leipzig zum bedeutendsten Umschlagplatz für den Warenhandel in Europa entwickelte."

date = { day = 1 month = july year = 1497 }
offset = 300
deathdate = { day = 23 month = june year = 1507 }

action_a = {
name = "Leipzig gets the privilege for holding trade fairs"
command = { type = provincetax which = 331 value = 1 } #Sachsen
command = { type = treasury value = 150 }
}
}

if someone is interested in using this event, i would translate the text. but for now i'm to lazy - and my grammar is soooo bad. ;) ...as you know already :D

i made the same event for bern because basel gets the privilege in 1471.

does anyone knows other cities that get their trade fair privilege after 1419?

Last edited: