• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AARs that have endings like that are pretty awesome. I like the "official" ending more. Great story, very enjoyable.

Although I hope in the "unofficial" ending you conquered Japan Area 11.

Thanks profusely for all the replies! It wouldn't have been such a great ride without having you, readers, on board :).

Well, I wouldn't have minded the real story tbh, but your story works too.:) Thanks for entertaining us!

While the real story might sound interesting when shortened to one chapter, going through it year by year would be tiresome.

I second your decision to let it end. The turn the revolution took was too ridiculous. Thanks for the time you kept me entertained with your story.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Throughout the later years of the game I somehow regretted 'killing' the rebellion through a reform. But having no early backup save, there was no road back. I also pondered about the option to go suicidal against the DM but IMHO it would just turn to a stalemate as I had no capability to crush them at home and on the other hand they would not be able to get past my wooden (*cough* steel *cough*) wall.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
So sad to see this end.
Out of curiosity, do you know where I might be able to watch Code Geass?

It is better to end when you are high :).

I am not really allowed to publicly comment on that, am I :D? But for myself I can say that I prefer watching stuff offline that through web browser. Makes me more mobile.

You can normally find it on most anime websites, though I found both seasons in the english dub on watchcartoononline, just google it and the first few options are normally good.

Sad to see Britannia end, but alas it was a spectacular end, ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!!! :)

Well, here is GUG's answer ;).

All Hail House Pendragon!

However bitter as it may be, with that last chapter it became one of my most favorite AAR's.

Thank you, I have tried my best with the last chapter.

I agree entirely with this sentiment. A fine bit of work and definitely not the usual sort of ending one sees around the place.

Yes, that's right. But IMHO this ending at least gives the story some sort of ending, a punch line if you wish...otherwise the story might just continue ad infinitum.

(Aside of that, March of Austria, my sadly abandoned CK2 AAR was incidentally filled with failure due to my fatal incompetence)

Sad for the little Beornians... For once they achieved something in Divergences :p

Better to burn out than fade away, isn't it true?

(at least storywise)

Well both endings are nice.

Thanks for the ride :)

And what a ride it has been :).

It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks. :)

It was! I enjoyed it thoroughly.

What a horrific collapse!

Besides the tragic fate of Britannia, are there any other interesting developments in the world that you think might happen in the "official" timeline? For instance, would Amazonia recover from its brief occupation?

Anyways, it was a great AAR while it lasted, and I hope to see something new from you soon.

I think that with Incas ultimately failing and Britannia destroyed in internal struggles, Amazonie would eventually assume a leading position in Ameriga. And I also believe that the revanchist dictatorship of Britannia would initiate at least one desperate invasion of the Federation in the 20th century.

Well, this AAR has shown to me that I am actually capable of finishing something, though not really long :D. I believe that my next efforts will continue along these lines...but nothing definite is shaping up yet. I will definitely post here when I have something to show ;).

This has been the best AAR I've ever read. Thank you for including loss and struggle in it - it made it that much better.

You're amazing man.

Thank you many times :).

AARs that have endings like that are pretty awesome. I like the "official" ending more. Great story, very enjoyable.

Although I hope in the "unofficial" ending you conquered Japan Area 11.

Aww, I forgot to add a picture of 1935s Japan with a sole sentence 'Despite many rumours, Britannia never attacked the Japanese Empire.' to the unofficial summarisation :(.

One of the best I've ever read. Well done man.

Well, thank you!

well-that-escalated-jmg8n6.jpg

I read the whole thing today (well, starting last night, but still within a span of 24 hours), and I must say it was an exemplary AAR; of the ones I can't stop reading once I start them. I kind of liked seeing two endings - the one you got by playing the game as best you could, and the one you got by finishing the story as best you could. Having grown fond of your empire, through its early struggles and (often) failures, I think I would have enjoyed the long ending as much as the short one (provided there were fewer chapters per decade, since fewer plot-important things would be happening).

I read the whole thing today (well, starting last night, but still within a span of 24 hours), and I must say it was an exemplary AAR; of the ones I can't stop reading once I start them. I kind of liked seeing two endings - the one you got by playing the game as best you could, and the one you got by finishing the story as best you could. Having grown fond of your empire, through its early struggles and (often) failures, I think I would have enjoyed the long ending as much as the short one (provided there were fewer chapters per decade, since fewer plot-important things would be happening).

Well, thank you :)! Such a commendation from the author of Subcontinental Subtleties almost make me blush ;).

Uhh I hope this isn't a dead forum or anything, but I really want to download the Divergences of Darkness mod but It always says I don't have permission when I try to go to the Divergences forum page :l. Can someone help? (I'm a noob)

You have to register your game to access the mod forums. Go to the big register a game button at the top of the page and enter the code that you'll find either in the box if you have a physical copy or if you have it on steam it'll be at the far right when you select Victoria 2.

Reactions:
Uhh I hope this isn't a dead forum or anything, but I really want to download the Divergences of Darkness mod but It always says I don't have permission when I try to go to the Divergences forum page :l. Can someone help? (I'm a noob)

Hi and welcome to the forums! Gosh gave quite the precise answer so I will only add that
1. the correct DVG page is the one in my sig
2. as you have registered just today, it might take some time till you can register games and stuff

You have to register your game to access the mod forums. Go to the big register a game button at the top of the page and enter the code that you'll find either in the box if you have a physical copy or if you have it on steam it'll be at the far right when you select Victoria 2.

Can you give me a link to the direct download of Divergences of Darkness?

Here is the thing - how can I know that you have actually bought the game? I know I sound suspicious but IMHO the waiting time can't be so long (ask some mod, maybe?) and surely, playing vanilla for some time can't hurt ;).