• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just had a thought for monarchs and leaders. What if, instead of trying to integrate 20+ files, we concentrate on integrating only the Elector files? If we add triggers for the main event which require the Electors not to exist, then when Germany is formed, we can pull together the leaders and countries for those...or at least a selected few. (only problem is, if those electors come back to life as revolters).

This would be:

Mainz, Palatinate, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Saxony, Koln, Bavaria, Hannover

Now it's only 8 files to integrate instead of 20+.

Mettermrck said:
I just had a thought for monarchs and leaders. What if, instead of trying to integrate 20+ files, we concentrate on integrating only the Elector files? If we add triggers for the main event which require the Electors not to exist, then when Germany is formed, we can pull together the leaders and countries for those...or at least a selected few. (only problem is, if those electors come back to life as revolters).

This would be:

Mainz, Palatinate, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Saxony, Koln, Bavaria, Hannover

Now it's only 8 files to integrate instead of 20+.
Not sure what kind of integration you talk of, but it sounds much more doable to just do the events for the electors to start with.

Norrefeldt said:
Not sure what kind of integration you talk of, but it sounds much more doable to just do the events for the electors to start with.

So just apply this event series only to the Elector countries, and they just take their monarch file and leader file with them when they become Germany? Sounds simple enough. :)

I'm not able to post regularly right now (no internet access until Friday, i.e. for three more days :rolleyes: ), but just wanted to remark that I'm glad Mettermrck has gotten the ball rolling on this again and that I'll help as much as I can as soon as I have my internet access back.
I would go even further than Mettermrck and Norrefeldt and propose that only the secular electors can form the Kingdom of Germany, and that Bohemia is excluded from this as well - Bohemia's status as a "German" principality and electorate was quite doubtful and usually strongly questioned whenever the vote of Bohemia would have had any relevance, e.g. in the Imperial election of 1742 where the other electors decided to just ignore Bohemia (which was also because there was a little argument on who should cast the Bohemian vote due to the struggle for the Bohemian throne between Bavaria and Austria, but still gives a hint); as for the ecclesiastic states, elected Archbishops just cannot form a permanent royal dynasty as a matter of fact. So this would leave only Brandenburg, Saxony, the Palatinate, Bavaria and Hanover as countries able to become Germany.
Letting the country that forms Germany use its "original" monarchs sounds like the most logical idea; for the leaders, it might be nice to have the leaders specific to the "original" country (like especially monarch leaders; a Germany formed by Bavaria should certainly not get Frederick the Great) plus a few additional German leaders for which it would make sense to serve Germany (i.e. similarly to what I recall about the Kingdom of Italy's leader file) - I'm aware that a Germany that gets, say, Tilly, Mansfeld, Arnim, Anhalt-Dessau, Schwerin, Ferdinand of Brunswick, Blücher and Wrede would be really powerful, but unified Germany is a powerhouse anyway, and getting these leaders would be quite a nice touch I think.

Twoflower said:
So this would leave only Brandenburg, Saxony, the Palatinate, Bavaria and Hanover as countries able to become Germany.
Letting the country that forms Germany use its "original" monarchs sounds like the most logical idea; for the leaders, it might be nice to have the leaders specific to the "original" country (like especially monarch leaders; a Germany formed by Bavaria should certainly not get Frederick the Great) plus a few additional German leaders for which it would make sense to serve Germany (i.e. similarly to what I recall about the Kingdom of Italy's leader file) - I'm aware that a Germany that gets, say, Tilly, Mansfeld, Arnim, Anhalt-Dessau, Schwerin, Ferdinand of Brunswick, Blücher and Wrede would be really powerful, but unified Germany is a powerhouse anyway, and getting these leaders would be quite a nice touch I think.
Even better. KoI only use the leaders of the original country, the discussion on what extra leaders to add was never concluded. It was siad that some leaders would never be there if it was pro-Pope, some woul never fight for this and that dynasti etc. I think we should start with just the original ones here as well, and get that working to start with. Then more can be added.

This reminds me that KoI is a bit defunct right now, with IB's new leaders and not the same countries in Italy as before. Once Mantua is back in, or it's decided they wont be, i promise to fix it... :rolleyes:

I think the country description above is a good one, but there are certainly more knowledgable people who will protest..

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best course and at least we can get this finalized. I can probably go over this by this weekend and see how it looks. Taking a look at the KoI stuff can give me a model for transferring files. I'm not worried about the description. Mainly I just wanted to get something out there. I find it's easier to have a draft and get people to comment on it then to have discussion about a hypothetical.

So going with secular electors, minus Bohemia. That leaves us:

Brandenburg
Hannover
Bavaria
Saxony

So for the Hapsburgs...are we going to do their own path later on? The one with centralization and reform of the Empire? Should they have the 'brute force' option?

Last edited:
"It's alive!"

I'm happy to find that this thread hasn't died out. A few votes:
1. I'd like to see Bohemia as one of the potential provinces from which "Germany" could be formed, but do agree that it is of lesser import than Brandenburg or Bavaria or Saxony (or Austria, for that matter - see below).
2. I do feel that Austria should be allowed as one of the potential aggregators of a unified Germany. However, I do think that Austria (with it's dominance of the Emperor title) would have chosen if at all possible to go through the HRE to unify the Germans. But as it appears only one German unification pathway will be implemented at this stage (the "brute force" option), I'd like to see Austria as one of the states allowed to become Germany. But if down the road additional routes to German unification will be considered, then maybe Austria can wait for an HRE unification event.
3. I don't think a unified Germany, under other than Brandenburg-Prussia, having Frederick the Great as a leader would be far fetched. After all, even were the Hohenzollerns to be in vassalage to a Royal Family of a unified Germany, they'd still be nobility within the country. Prussia had many nobles from other independent German states (Brunswick being a big contributor, the Duke of Brunswick the most famous) as officers in the Prussian Army. No, Frederick wouldn't be King, nor would his brother Prince Henry be Prince, but nonetheless their talents would have been available to the country. Yes, this amalgamation of leaders would make for a formidable Germany, so for that reason maybe allowing these leaders to a non-Brandenburg formed Germany would be a game killer. But the additional leaders may be needed, depending upon the BB wars the unification would entail. However, were a "Prussia" or "Brandenburg" to be formed by revolt later, then having Frederick fight Frederick would be a problem. And if the programming (if Brandenburg doesn't exist and Prussia doesn't exist then create Field Marshal von Hohenzollern) is a major ordeal and would hamper development of the unification event, I'd go with the unification event without the additional leaders.

Just my 2 ducats worth.

I hate to have to post a new thread for this...

...but I can't figure out how else to post this question.

Is it possible in AGCEEP to create a "Kingdom of Germany" or other similar unified German country? If so, what are the parameters and what countries can achieve them? I think I vaguely remember reading somewhere that this was possible, but I guess just asking about it instead of combing through old threads would be more efficient.

You could either have search for something, since that is possible, or at least give a name of your thread that makes sense. The forum rules says:
9. You will use descriptive subject titles when posting new threads.
I will ask kurtbrian to merge this with a thread on the topic.

EDIT: Just added this question to our own FAQ, so have a look there. ;)

Norrefeldt said:
You could either have search for something, since that is possible, or at least give a name of your thread that makes sense. The forum rules says:
9. You will use descriptive subject titles when posting new threads.
I will ask kurtbrian to merge this with a thread on the topic.

EDIT: Just added this question to our own FAQ, so have a look there. ;)

Ah, my fault... I'm a very casual poster on these boards.

not so fast there

Lord Tarleton said:
Exactly, I think you would find wide acceptance of a fantasy German unification event that focused on the Habsburgs or in the later game, Brandenburg/Prussia. As I recall, this was something that was discussed over a year ago, but was killed. The time may now be ripe...

First time poster. As a matter of fact this is the thread that got me to register.....

I would protest most harshly making this an EXCLUSIVELY Austrian event!

Kind of ties into a pet peeve of mine in the game: Habsburg elections to Emperor. It is nearly impossible to get a Wittelsbach Emperor as has happened on several occassions historically. I have even gone in and edited the saved game file so that Bavaria has 200 relations with every single member of the HRE and Austria -200... and instead of getting a Bavarian Emperor..I get a Spanish one, and not even a Spanish Habsburg!

It would be somewhat easier for the Austrians to unify Germany early if as has been suggested you have them turn down Hungary. But that is not to say that it would be impossible for any one of the other major nations in the Empire to do so.

The event chain leading to a "German" nation should rightly be open to any of the real life electorates of the HRE, or more correctly it really should be limited to those nations that were "vicars" of the Empire. Since these nations wielded imperial power during the interregnum periods before the new emperor was crowned and after the last emperor had passed on. And they also did so when there was no emperor due to a variety of reasons.

These are the nations with the juice in the Empire. But if done it would leave the option open for Savoy to perform a double threat: Unify Germany and Italy. It would be tough, but a fun thing to attempt.

There were only three vicars: Pfalz who was vicar of Franconia, Swabia, the Rhine and Southern Germany (although Austria NEVER recognized any vicar), Saxony who dealt with Saxony, Westphalia, Northern Germany, Hanover etc. And as I mentioned, Savoy who dealt with the whole of Italy.

(a bit of general information on the powers of the Vicars. The imperial vicars exercised the powers of the emperor that were not explicitly reserved to his person, and in doing so were bound by the terms of the deceased emperor's capitulation. They handled all matters of grace: legitimations, emancipations, privileges, ennoblements and titles, etc. They exercised the emperor's judicial powers, they collected taxes in his name, nominated to ecclesiastical benefices, and invested vassals with imperial fiefs, whether inherited or newly conceded (except for principalities and Fahnlehen). The emperor was formally obliged to ratify the acts of the vicars after his election, although there are instances of such acts being repealed by the Reichshofrat. The vicariate ended once the new emperor had sworn to uphold his electoral capitulation)(further note on the qualifications for Emperor that if someone can script a fix for it would be nice: The Emperor had to be a worthy man, aged 18 or more, reside in the Empire, be of noble birth (all four grandparents had to be noble, according to the Schwabenspiegel), and of lay status (this was not explicitly stated). No law required that he be Catholic, and, although the text in a number of laws assumes that the emperor is Catholic, jurists saw no obstacle to the choice of a Protestant prince. Nor did he have to be German, as the examples of Alfonso of Castile and Charles V showed.* By the 17th century, however, it seemed wise for any candidate to possess an estate within the boundaries of the Empire: when the French weighed in 1648 whether to let Alsace remain within the Empire, it was because it might allow the king of France to be a candidate for the throne.* Similarly, in 1737 the duke of Lorraine was allowed to retain the county of Falkenstein so as not to jeopardize his future candidacy (Schoell 1:151, 2:252).)

So, the nations/houses of the empire that should have a chance of making the title emperor hereditary would be: Austria, Bavaria/Pfalz, Saxony, and Savoy.

But that would be a bear to script I would imagine so if you really would like to keep it somewhat plausible and still have a shot I would narrow it down to the houses that fall within that range and have also been emperor at least twice. And that leaves Austria and Pfalz/Bayern.

Of course it would involve the Wittelsbachs getting their family off each others throats.... but that can be done.

I would suggest that the real key to the path would not necessarily be the Hungarian inheritence but rather the choice for King of Bohemia in 1440.

If as historic Albrecht fearing that his cousins will be a thorn in his side for his reign and not wanting to borrow more headaches with the Bohemians an their periodica fits of heresy; turns down the crown then Bavaria should be out of the running. Well that is unless the Winterking stays for a loooooot longer then just the winter, and that should not happen.

But if the player decides he can deal with it and makes the choice that Albrecht SHOULD have made. He gets Bohemia, and the event chain makes his line hereditary. The money that Bohemia will/can bring in over time should improve Bavarias lot quite a bit. Since Bayern will control the Bohemian elector, and Pfalz has its' own vote that leaves a rather sizable leg up for IRL election to the big chair!

The Golden Bull of 1356 set the electors as follows (it will change over time but): Three clerical electors: Bishop of Mainz, Bishop of Trier and the Bishop of Koln. Trier IIRC is in Tirol so they could count as a "Habsburg" elector since they can bring some pressure to bear on them. Mainz and Koln are very close to Wittelsbach territory....The lay electors are King of Bohemia, Pfalzgraf, Saxony and the Margrave of Brandenberg.

Although Austria is frequently elected emperor in history, they were not always, and the only house that has been elected more often was the Wittelsbachs. As I recall, they are the only other non extinct house to have ever been elected.

And to wrap this up since it already waaay to long....

The formation of Germany as a unified nation state should take two paths:

Path one; the making of the HRE hereditary. That could be accomplished easiest and therefore the only way that really needs to be scripted for, by one of the houses that were vicars and electors or Austria since they kept getting the gig! It would be helpful if there was a way for the game to elect the King of the Romans so that we knew who the succesor was going to be, but that is a minor point. In order for it to happen the player MUST be Emperor, and have either vassalized or conquered/diplo annexed a majority of the "electors" a much smaller number of actual states then is in the game. This should be easier in the beginning of the game and a bit tougher toward the end since the number of electors went up by almost double IRL.

Path two; the we don't need no stinkin' badges route. Open to any HRE State that has either conquered or diploannexed the majority of the elector states (use the RL electors not the games everyone gets to vote for emperor system). They disolve the Empire and create a new GERMAN state. They should get a boatload of BB points for upsetting the apple cart, literally piss off the Pope, and take a substantial STAB hit, as should other members of the empire! With no empire many nobles will be in a limbo zone that none of them would like.

Should the second path be less painful then just flat out conquering all of Germany? HELL NO! It should be so utterly painful that you would rather light your own bunghole on fire in the short to mid term. That is the reason that noone did it. But if you step upto the plate and do it you should get something, like 1000 VP.

And since the game itself is going to keep on electing emperors... even IF you own every state in the empire (more of my pet peeve here.. conquer all of the HRE as Bavaria sometime and then get really ticked off when apparently YOU elect someone else emperor....). You have a possible undoing of it by outside forces. IE think the war of the Spanish and French successions rolled into one!

The easiest and least painful way should be the first one since all it involves is the majority of the RL electors NOT insisting upon the incoming emperor that they not make the title hereditary. It would be in keeping with the social conventions of the time and it would not upset the legitimacy carts of half the royal and noble houses of the continent.

And I would also suggest a veto on it being done by the AI in the hands of the human player as long as they have a province of the HRE in their possession (using the games version of electors to our advantage). Since the AI should have "make my line Imperial" as option A if the conditions are met. The player should have depending upon which province they hold have a pop up with two options: A, NO! or B, Yes allow it. If they hold a minor province IE not one of the RL electors they cede the province to the new HRE if they click YES, if NO... then the AI gets put back on the historic track. IF the player holds one of the major players in Germany, Italy or the Low Countries, they can choose A, yes, and become vassals, or B NO!

Sorry about the length of the post...

forgot: The second path creation should be open to Brandenburg which would mimic the Prussian formation of Germany in the 19th c. very nicely except for the social unrest bit... you could also open it up to a number of other nations in the game like Hanover etc.

And the other thing... For the Wittelsbachs to have a shot at it they must have taken the offer of the Bohemian crown (need the cash and the cache of being the only other "King" in Germany other then the Emperor), and must have diploannexed the Pfalz to form a unified Wittelsbach front against the Habsburgs.

Last edited:
Phystarstk said:
I still have to disagree.
"The empire was justified by the claim that, just as the pope was the vicar of God on earth in spiritual matters, so the emperor was God’s temporal vicar; hence he claimed to be the supreme temporal ruler of Christendom."
Such an idea is quite contrary to Lutheran and Calvinist beliefs. Just as they didn't believe in a pope, there would've been no religious reason for a HRE. Also, as secularized as Europe became, a Protestant claim for a "holy" and "roman" position would be so insane that no one would accept it. The only way a Protestant could've become the Emperor is by changing the entire nature of the empire and the reason for its existence. The new reason: creation of a new German state. A Protestant HRE is as insane as a Protestant Pope.

disagree. There was no part of Imperial law that stated that the Emperor MUST be Catholic, true some sections of the law make more sense if he is, but it is not a deal breaker.

The right of the Emperor to rule was as the temporal vicar of the WESTERN Roman empire. And as such Papal coranation was more in recognizing the Earthly leader of the Western portion of Christendom. Both mans powers were equal but different, and both derived from the same source: God.

Things get even trickier with the relation between the Pope and Byzantium, since the Byzantines were technically the heirs of the Eastern Roman empire and had precedence over the Western one by virtue of a quasi legit successional line to the last real emperor. And in that regard the Pope was an appointee, who was technically subservient to THE Emperor.

Although conditions were such that this was ignored is of no import to the relationship. It just means that the Pope could get away with it, not that he was right or correct.

KingMississippi said:
Option A looks good to me except the non-German countries probably need a reaction. France, Italy, Papacy, Poland, Hungary, Denmark.
France because it was so anti-Empire throughout the EU time period. Italy because technically it was a part of the HRE (perhaps an event to claim the KoI as part of the HRE after we get this done)
Papacy because of the HRE - papal relationship
Poland because it too has interests in the German minors (one of them rules it eventually). Hungary because of its interests with Austria and Bohemia. Denmark because of its desire to control North Germany and the Baltics.
The cores still need to be decided exactly what to do, but I guess we need to see the play balance first. I have a feeling it will do alot to the balance of power in European politics.

Option B needs to have some benifits for the player. I would rather take the hit and lose stability, centralization, cash for all of those cores if the only benefit was to lose stability if I decline. I think better relations with the German minors, added centralization (focusing on a smaller nation), etc.

well IF you are the hereditary emperor of the HRE you are king of Italy... so that is going to be a problem....

And France should just about totally come unglued with a resurgent unified HRE! Franconia...or France, was part of it at one time... and more recently Dauphine and Provence were IN the HRE. So they would have some major worries about the Imperials looking for some payback or reconquista.

bobtdwarf said:
First time poster. As a matter of fact this is the thread that got me to register.....
Welcome then. :)

bobtdwarf said:
Kind of ties into a pet peeve of mine in the game: Habsburg elections to Emperor. It is nearly impossible to get a Wittelsbach Emperor as has happened on several occassions historically. I have even gone in and edited the saved game file so that Bavaria has 200 relations with every single member of the HRE and Austria -200... and instead of getting a Bavarian Emperor..I get a Spanish one, and not even a Spanish Habsburg!
In the EU2 time-frame, only two emperors weren't Habsburgs : Sigismond and Charles VII. All others were Habsburgs, and I'd barely say Carlos V was spanish : he had been raised in the Lower Countries after all, and his major concerns during his reign were in the HRE (Italy and the Religious reformation problems).
BTW, lately I have the exact opposite problem : Austria never gets elected again. Try the latest patches, the Habsburg bonus has been decreased (as I said : a bit too much).

bobtdwarf said:
Path two; the we don't need no stinkin' badges route. Open to any HRE State that has either conquered or diploannexed the majority of the elector states (use the RL electors not the games everyone gets to vote for emperor system). They disolve the Empire and create a new GERMAN state. They should get a boatload of BB points for upsetting the apple cart, literally piss off the Pope, and take a substantial STAB hit, as should other members of the empire! With no empire many nobles will be in a limbo zone that none of them would like.

This is the one I and others were trying to hammer out earlier in this thread. What I call the "force" route. We had the basic event string mapped out and a tentative description for the GER tag. The only things we needed were combined leader and monarch files. To make this task easier, we had been discussing limiting the initial usage of the "force route" for the secular Electors - Hannover, Saxony, Brandenburg, Bavaria, minus Bohemia.

Alas, real life or other projects keeps getting in my way but I always retain the intention of finalizing this for testing. I'm glad to see there's still plenty of enthusiasm, and it was my hope to finally accomplish this German unification task which has been brought up over and over. There's plenty of opportunity to work on Austrian paths or other less-militaristic ones. This here is just the basic one, which I thought could be accomplished first.

Let me repost our work as it stood a few months ago:

Events
##################################
# The German Crown (durch Kraft) #
##################################
event = {
id = 999999
random = no
country = BRA
trigger = { owned = { province = 346 data = -1 } #Mainz
owned = { province = 345 data = -1 } #Pfalz
owned = { province = 328 data = -1 } #Bohemia
owned = { province = 312 data = -1 } #Brandenburg
owned = { province = 331 data = -1 } #Sachsen
owned = { province = 344 data = -1 } #Koln
owned = { province = 349 data = -1 } #Bayern
owned = { province = 310 data = -1 } #Hannover
emperor = yes
atwar = no #must be at peace
NOT = { badboy = 10 }
}

name = "The German Crown"
desc = "Through a sustained campaign of military conquest, clever diplomatic
maneuver, and stalwart will, Brandenburg has positioned itself, so that the
Crown of Germany is now within reach. By overcoming all of the Imperial
Electors and major rivals in Germany, and in particular, humbling the Emperor
himself, Brandenburg now has a claim to the German Crown that, if anathema
to the nations of Europe, is clearly established by force."
style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
deathdate = { day = 31 month = december year = 1820 }
offset = 800
action_a = {
name = "The Crown is Mine"
command = { type = badboy value = 8 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 5 }
command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
command = { type = stability value = -5 }
command = { type = treasury value = -500 } #extravagant coronation
command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 3 }
command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -3 }
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Saxony's Reaction - permanent casus belli, -250 relations
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Baden's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Bavaria's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Berg's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Bremen's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Hannover's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Hessen's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Pommerania's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Holstein's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Kleves' Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Koln's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Lorraine's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Mecklenburg's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Oldenburg's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Palatinate's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Stettin's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Wurttemberg's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Wurzburg's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #England's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #France's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Spain's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Castille's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Aragon's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Portugal's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Burgundy's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Papacy's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Austria's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Poland's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Lithuania's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Denmark's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Sweden's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Teutonic Order's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Prussia's Reaction
command = { type = trigger which = xxxx } #Italy's Reaction
command = { type = breakdynastic which = BAD } #Baden
command = { type = breakdynastic which = BAY } #Bavaria
command = { type = breakdynastic which = MUN } #Berg
command = { type = breakdynastic which = BRE } #Bremen
command = { type = breakdynastic which = HAN } #Hannover
command = { type = breakdynastic which = HES } #Hesse
command = { type = breakdynastic which = POM } #Pommerania
command = { type = breakdynastic which = HOL } #Holstein
command = { type = breakdynastic which = KLE } #Kleves
command = { type = breakdynastic which = KOL } #Koln
command = { type = breakdynastic which = LOR } #Lorraine
command = { type = breakdynastic which = MEC } #Mecklenburg
command = { type = breakdynastic which = OLD } #Oldenburg
command = { type = breakdynastic which = PFA } #Palatinate
command = { type = breakdynastic which = SLZ } #Stettin
command = { type = breakdynastic which = WUR } #Wurttemburg
command = { type = breakdynastic which = THU } #Wurzburg
}

action_b = {
name = "We will reject this burden"
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
command = { type = relation which = BAD value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = BAY value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = MUN value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = BRE value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = HAN value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = HES value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = POM value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = HOL value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = KLE value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = KOL value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = LOR value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = MEC value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = OLD value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = PFA value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = SLZ value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = WUR value = 200 }
command = { type = relation which = THU value = 200 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 8888888 }
}
}

#NEW EVENTS
event = {
id = 8888888
random = no
country = BRA
trigger = {
event = 999999
NOT = {event = 88888889}
stability = 3
atwar = no #must be at peace
owned = { province = 346 data = -1 } #Mainz
# emperor = yes#on second thoughts if yesterdays losers decided to elect an anti-emperor who cares?
}

desc = "The world is forced to acknowledge our imperial claims to all of Germany."
style = 0

offset = 800

action_a = {
name = "Excellent" #Excellent
command = { type = remove_countryculture which = french } #if Lorraine, magyar and czech if Austria, need to check for others
command = { type = addcore which = 374 } #Alsace
command = { type = addcore which = 332 } #Anhalt
command = { type = addcore which = 348 } #Ansbach
command = { type = addcore which = 351 } #Austria
command = { type = addcore which = 373 } #Baden
command = { type = addcore which = 349 } #Bayern
command = { type = addcore which = 312 } #Brandenburg
command = { type = addcore which = 336 } #Bremen
command = { type = addcore which = 310 } #Hannover
command = { type = addcore which = 333 } #Hessen
command = { type = addcore which = 302 } #Hinterpommern
command = { type = addcore which = 306 } #Holstein
command = { type = addcore which = 343 } #Kleves
command = { type = addcore which = 313 } #Kustrin
command = { type = addcore which = 344 } #Koln
command = { type = addcore which = 375 } #Lorraine
command = { type = addcore which = 311 } #Magdeburg
command = { type = addcore which = 346 } #Mainz
command = { type = addcore which = 305 } #Mecklenburg
command = { type = addcore which = 334 } #Munster
command = { type = addcore which = 335 } #Oldenburg
command = { type = addcore which = 327 } #Ostmarch
command = { type = addcore which = 345 } #Pfalz
command = { type = addcore which = 331 } #Sachsen
command = { type = addcore which = 351 } #Salzburg
command = { type = addcore which = 371 } #Tirol
command = { type = addcore which = 304 } #Vorpommern
command = { type = addcore which = 372 } #Wurttemberg
command = { type = addcore which = 347 } #Wurzburg
command = { type = country which = GER }
#this would also sleep certain leaders so that they can be avialble for GER
}
}

event = {
id = 8888889
random = no
country = BRA
trigger = {
event = 9999999
NOT = {
OR = {
owned = { province = 346 data = -1 } #Mainz
}
}
}
desc = "We have failed to force the world to acknowledge our imperial claims to all of Germany."
style = 0

offset = 50#must be shorter than the other one

action_a = {
name = "Alas" #Alas
command = { type = sleepevent which = 8888888 }
}
}

#######################
# Reaction to Germany #
#######################
event = {
id = 999998
random = no
country = ENG
#Triggered by The German Crown (durch Kraft) event

name = "Reaction to Germany"
desc = "The forceful revival of the medieval Kingdom of Germany has alarmed
courts throughout Europe, and hostile reaction is forming against this usurper
state. There is a strong call for severing ties and declaring war on this so-
called German kingdom."
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Bad news"
command = { type = casusbelli which = GER value = 720 } #720 for non-German, 4812 for German minors
command = { type = relation which = GER value = -250 }
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
command = { type = treasury value = 250 } #rallying support
command = { type = CAV which = 5000 value = -2 } #foreign nobles
}

action_b = {
name = "Seek their friendship"
command = { type = diplomats value = -1 }
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
}
}

event = {
id = 132064
random = yes
province = 346 # Mainz
trigger = {
event = 132027 #claim to German Crown
NOT = { event = 132063 } # Claim to German Crown Failed
NOT = { core = 346 } #Elector of Mainz is exempt
flag = Force_Germany
}
name = "Uprising in Mainz"
desc = "Enboldened by foreign support, a representative of the old order in the
electorate of Mainz has raised his standard and seeks to re-establish the
electorate. This is a challenge to our claim to the German throne!"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Unacceptable!"
command = { type = revolt which = 346 }
command = { type = desertion which = 10000 value = -1 } Troops join rebels
}
}

event = {
id = 132065
random = yes
province = 346 # Mainz
trigger = {
event = 132027 #claim to German Crown
NOT = { event = 132063} # Claim to German Crown Failed
NOT = { core = 346 } #Elector of Mainz is exempt
flag = Force_Germany
}
name = "Uprising in Mainz"
desc = "Enboldened by foreign support, a representative of the old order in the
electorate of Mainz has raised his standard and seeks to re-establish the
electorate. This is a challenge to our claim to the German throne!"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Unacceptable!"
command = { type = desertion which = 10000 value = -1 } Troops join rebels
}
}

GER Description
Germany came into historical parlance as the perpetual bane of the Roman Empire, a heavily forested
land of rivers and mountains that encompassed the bulk of Central Europe. Enduring barbarian migrations,
the fall of Rome, the rise of Charlemagne, and the incessant conflicts of medieval kingdoms, the name
‘Germany’ endured more as a geographical label than as a name of a state. The thought of a German country
was almost completely beyond the comprehension of the medieval and Renaissance mind. Yet a common culture
and language endured, and the land itself was loosely organized under the sacrum Romanum imperium, the
Holy Roman Empire.

If the tags have changed since then, let me know and I'll make corrections. I have a file on my website: http://members.lycos.co.uk/rkraus/german_unification.txt which has all the reaction events for each country and which I was using for testing.

I've been to Trier and it isn't very close to Tyrolia. The lands of the elector of Trier were along the Mosel, between the Palatinate and the electorate of Cologne. As such it's even more amenable to Wittelsbach pressure than the other two ecclesiastical electorates.

(I'd imagine Twoflower has been to Trier too as he doesn't live so far away)

bobtdwarf said:
And France should just about totally come unglued with a resurgent unified HRE! Franconia...or France, was part of it at one time... and more recently Dauphine and Provence were IN the HRE. So they would have some major worries about the Imperials looking for some payback or reconquista.

Charles V made a slightly serious effort to reclaim Provence in 1536. The claims of the Emperor over France hadn't been exerted since Charlemagne, so it's hard for me to see that they would be taken terribly seriously.