Adams update (1.6.2) released [checksum d7ec]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Weirdly War in Heaven I actually got pulled correctly in Overlord's war against league of non-alligned power once on 1.62. That's a first... but still league peace out soon ceding one planet.
But still Doctrinal Enforcer Awaken Empire build no army as 1.61/1.72, I wonder is it because psionic army tech is now locked behind ascension path and AE does not have it?

that is complete bullshit ... i had no errors at all and now i cant use my savegame which i had played for 50+ hourse... sry guys... that is crap as fucking hell. using the beta client dowsnt work, cause i played a mod and the 1.7.2 doesnt work with 1.72 ... I AM SO PISSED

intresting, that so many disagree, meaning they are ok the savegame isnt usable anymore O_O

Last edited:
Nice to see this game that once had so much potential hit low after low.

lol at people giving them props for completely ruining their game and not bothering to test things properly.

Incredible.
I do not understand...if you think it's beyond hope, then why bother posting? I mean...when GCIII finally bit the dust quality-wise, I let it go. I knew they weren't going to fix it on their own, and that I had no power at all to affect that.

But if you believe that it can be improved, why would you not offer constructive criticism on specific points, and suggest practical solutions to those issues?

Moreover, to all those who are in the same boat as yourselves, none of you really seem to know how companies work. The Dev Team is irrelevant. Project Leaders have only a minimal say in what launches when. People who know nothing at all about software development make those decisions, and while some are understanding and flexible, many are self-absorbed and inconsiderate. And there is no fix for that. Blaming devs for keeping their jobs by not rocking the proverbial boat, is not only detrimental, but pointless. If you want them to become people with the guts to tell their bosses to piss off, then you need to be supportive when these things happen, not derisive.

So, you won't actually specify what's wrong with things, you won't suggest even vague solutions to those issues, you blame those who are largely only indirectly responsible for any kinds of quality issues, and you refuse to support them in any kind of effort to overcome the issues that are actually to blame.

That...sounds pretty whiny.

that does not have anything with the pricing, in that case you probably should create a new thread.

Did you actually read what i said? QA follows a list as they do at any company, if we fail to update that list it is not QA:s fault?
wut? if any QA/QC do that in my company, he/she will get fired, there is no qualified QC in p's company.

I do not understand...if you think it's beyond hope, then why bother posting?
Because I'm a paying customer and this is a forum to discuss the product I've paid for.

But if you believe that it can be improved, why would you not offer constructive criticism on specific points, and suggest practical solutions to those issues?
I've being doing that since day one, as have thousands of people. The bug forum, tech support & suggestions sub-forums have 12,000+ threads.

Moreover, to all those who are in the same boat as yourselves, none of you really seem to know how companies work. The Dev Team is irrelevant. Project Leaders have only a minimal say in what launches when. People who know nothing at all about software development make those decisions. That...sounds pretty whiny.
What a load of sycophantic rubbish.The dev team is "irrelevant"? They make the game! They are the exact opposite of irrelevant. Paradox isn't some indie developer struggling to make ends meet. They are a massive publisher & development studio, integrated from top to bottom. They are selling high priced games & high priced DLC. They don't get a free pass on breaking their games.

What a load of sycophantic rubbish.The dev team is "irrelevant"? They make the game! They are the exact opposite of irrelevant. Paradox isn't some indie developer struggling to make ends meet. They are a massive publisher & development studio, integrated from top to bottom. They are selling high priced games & high priced DLC. They don't get a free pass on breaking their games.

Not to mention that however Paradox's internal structure is set up really isn't a concern for their customers. I think most of us care far more about whether the patch is good or bad than about who's to blame in Paradox's office politics.

I've said this so many times now, but people really need to stop telling those who have legitimate complaints that they are "whiny".
First of all: oftentimes it simply has to do with being polite und civil in a discussion. A thing you rarely see on the internet nowadays...

First of all: oftentimes it simply has to do with being polite und civil in a discussion. A thing you rarely see on the internet nowadays...

Yes but plenty of times when somebody constructs a long, thought out post complaining about issues with the game, while not actually being offensive or rude, they get called whiny. It is infuriating to see. Like some members of the community feel they have the right to be dismissive of such complaints.

Yes but plenty of times when somebody constructs a long, thought out post complaining about issues with the game, while not actually being offensive or rude, they get called whiny. It is infuriating to see. Like some members of the community feel they have the right to be dismissive of such complaints.

Eh. And if you create a well thought out, long post that is in any way supportive, or that (gods forbid) point out that a bug that someone is talking about *has been fixed already* you're dismissed as a "fanboy".

Eh. And if you create a well thought out, long post that is in any way supportive, or that (gods forbid) point out that a bug that someone is talking about *has been fixed already* you're dismissed as a "fanboy".

I don't see that happening anywhere near as much as legitimate complaints getting flamed or dismissed.

Playing with "Mods" as the game is being Patched pretty often is just setting yourself up for disappointment and in no way is that the Dev's problem. Saying that it is, is indeed "WHINING!" plain and simple. ;)

Gotta love those scarequotes on mods too...

Fair enough. Though you can't say that the posts Beelaron quoted were long or thought out.

That is an opinion and thus is between you and Beelaron.
It goes specifically towards a post you quoted which sparked this conversation.

Are you of the opinion that the posts quoted in this post:
I do not understand...if you think it's beyond hope, then why bother posting? I mean...when GCIII finally bit the dust quality-wise, I let it go. I knew they weren't going to fix it on their own, and that I had no power at all to affect that.

Moreover, to all those who are in the same boat as yourselves, none of you really seem to know how companies work. The Dev Team is irrelevant. Project Leaders have only a minimal say in what launches when. People who know nothing at all about software development make those decisions, and while some are understanding and flexible, many are self-absorbed and inconsiderate. And there is no fix for that. Blaming devs for keeping their jobs by not rocking the proverbial boat, is not only detrimental, but pointless. If you want them to become people with the guts to tell their bosses to piss off, then you need to be supportive when these things happen, not derisive.

So, you won't actually specify what's wrong with things, you won't suggest even vague solutions to those issues, you blame those who are largely only indirectly responsible for any kinds of quality issues, and you refuse to support them in any kind of effort to overcome the issues that are actually to blame.

That...sounds pretty whiny.
were "long" and "thought out"?

Dude, seriously, if you have have issue with somebody else's post then please take it up with them.
But I don't, I "have an issue" with your response to it.