• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just a note to say congratulations to all the winners, and many thanks to all those who participated. As said earlier, one of the great things about the ACA is the sense of community about it. And also thanks to anonymous for sticking at it.

Thank you again everyone who voted for The Beautiful Girl and the History Class and all of the readAARs who read and comment not only in my own AARs, but in everyone's AARs. It is your interest, your commentary, and your votes that make this the greatest AAR/dynasty forum that I have ever been a part of. :)

Although I can not comment specifically on the winners as eloquently as phargle did, because my schedule does not permit me the time to read as extensively as I would like, I wholeheartedly offer my congratulations to both my fellow winners and indeed, everyone who received votes, for to receive even one vote is to know that for at least one person, you have created something that is good enough to be the best of a class and that is certainly something valuable to hang on to.

And thank you to anon, for his tireless efforts, not only in running the ACA, but in repeatedly reminding people to vote :)

Acceptance speeches, huh? Well, I will first say a few words about my own stuff, and then go on with some reflections about the Awards themselves.

First, thank you to Turin and Canonized for your kind words in your own posts here, and thanks for your support for my work, and the encouragement given by everybody!

I'm humbly impressed by the fact that, after receiving votes but no wins in two previous award cycles (including the very first AARLand Choice Awards, in 2005 Q3 -- yes, it's that old! :D ), that you readers have now honored me with a favorite overall award for Castles in the Sky, which is my most recent pride and joy. I am definitely a fiction writer, by preference, and so this and Fire Warms the Northern Lands remain my favorite writings.

Castles, by the way, is (very) slowly describing an alternate history involving Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, Thomas Jefferson, and involves acts of heroism by Founding Fathers, and acts of treason by Vice Presidents and the Chief of the United States Army. All of it, by the way, based on facts and true history, just with some twists! :D Andrew Jackson is about to show up, so if anyone's interested to see it, check back in a couple of weeks.

I am also deeply honored to have received a top gameplay award for Sforza!!! -- my EU3 monster. I am still truly stunned that it has become so popular. Chalk this up to doing something right, but having no idea exactly what. :rolleyes:

I move ("so moved") that all veteran fan-fiction writers get 3 extra votes for narrative AARs, so we can spread around enough awards to those who deserve more attention! ;) Just kidding.

Truly, I wish I had 3 or 5 votes for these brilliant fiction AARs. There are some great things happening out there, and not just with veterans like Stnylan and Draco Rexus (whose AARs I am glad to see are still strongly ranked as in previous cycles), but also with some of the old guard, such as Amric, whose Byzantine/Mongol story really deserves similar honors.

But I'm also impressed with the quality of many new writings around here, such as Canonized's Timelines, GreyGhost's Manchurian Candidate, and Myth's Lamps Before the Wind. Each of these has caught my eye, and demonstrates some of the vast potential this writing community has!

And, having run a couple cycles of this AARLand Choice Awards myself, I am struck by how many more people are participating now than back then. Great work, Anonymous, in setting these fine awards up, and in committing yourself to them, as you have!

Thank you to all of those who voted for my AARs -- I appreciate it! And thanks to all those who have voted, old and new!

Rensslaer

anonymous4401 said:
Updating your winning AAR would be better!
:eek:o That reminds me ... I should apologize copiously for my updating ineptitude these past couple months. But instead of doing that, I'll thank everyone who voted (even those eccentric souls who voted for me) and promise to update at some unobtainably vague time in the allegedly near future.

:( :) Also, a hearty thanks to anonymous4401, one of the best/craziest members of this board, which is as far as I'm concerned one of the greatest places for writers on the Internet. For the past few weeks I've sadly been ignoring this place, but it doesn't deserve it: what an awesome awesome forum, everybody!

Miihkali said:
Favorit HoI2 AAR is Soviet Union AAR: Bloody Road to Berlin. It's just great!
only three months late... ;)