• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IF you can hold out until you get rockets and nukes, you can do it! Just nuke the soviets to oblivion and gain air superiority in west with jet planes
That's 4 years in the future...
Also, the Allies are getting little by little ahead in the race of discovery because they have globally better teams as an alliance of strong powers (USA, UK, Canada... who share more blueprints than the Axis powers) and also because I am playing at the equivalent of hard level (malus in everything, including research).
No, I have to find a solution before 1945 :)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...g-panzer-ii-wif2.688899/page-75#post-20838504
Ok, then it is decided; Germany will assume military command of Italy until this crisis is overcome.
Obviously, this won't prevent Abwehr to deploy any means required to find out who came with the one disagreeing vote and to root out this dissent. This person can also denounce himself and explain his reasoning leading to such a treacherous act.... before his termination.

Last edited:
yuiBSag.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Oh my. This is crazy.

Oh my. This is crazy.
There are so many things going crazy and that I have not reported that I don't even know what you are talking about. o_O

Crazy Italians... I would say stupid AI, but it's pretty much in character :p
IRL, during Operation Compass, the British caught some very well fed Italian officers in houses full of fine supply, that's this event that I used in the AAR.

I was just thinking this morning, a (expected) sad event is about to be triggered.... the failure of the bet to capture Moscow in less than 3 months.

Alright, the situation in Africa doesn't look that bad yet, but the Levant and Caucasus have to take priority obviously. BTW, what was Raeder's order that he was so shocked by?

Well, I guess Mussolinis authority just got trumped.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Please, when you have this urge... just don't resist :p

WE ARE GOING TO BUILD A WALL AND MAKE SWITZERLAND PAY FOR IT!
Switzerland is part of the Reich now. Do you want the Reich to pay for such a great, such a beautiful wall, a Todt organization wall?

Alright, the situation in Africa doesn't look that bad yet, but the Levant and Caucasus have to take priority obviously. BTW, what was Raeder's order that he was so shocked by?
The situation is Africa is actually pretty good if one doesn't consider that losing Middle east and Suez may result losing Africa as well.
I gave several (light) tips in the past about a naval operation to place once for all Africa under the control of the Axis. The entry in the war of Persia obviously compromised it.

Hey man, just goes to show that in this timeline, capturing Baku first was the right move, rather than the wrong one.

I've always felt that there should be a little bit more punch against the U.S.S.R. for losing Moscow: like it's TC goes to Hell or something similar to do with their logistics, considering the Soviet Railways was pretty much entirely centered around Moscow.

Reactions:
Gotta say, after how you built up the whole Persian corridor thing, that was a bit of an anticlimax there.
Blame the AI for that :oops:
I am generally never ahead by more than 4 days, so I didn't know what would happen. When Persia joined the war before I was ready for it, I truly had to pause and think how I could possibly go around this. Ok, the Soviets can't reach Baku from the South now, but Persia and the Raj can still align around 80 divisions together; I just don't know how many will stay as garrison at home. Things are going better, but that's not what I would call a rosy situation.

Hey man, just goes to show that in this timeline, capturing Baku first was the right move, rather than the wrong one.

I've always felt that there should be a little bit more punch against the U.S.S.R. for losing Moscow: like it's TC goes to Hell or something similar to do with their logistics, considering the Soviet Railways was pretty much entirely centered around Moscow.
As long as there won't be a better supply system partially based on a railroad network, this game will still miss something.
I agree with what you wrote about Moscow. But the same way the loss of Stalingrad should reduce the Soviet oil output, considering that most of the oil production in Caucasus went North using barges on the Volga.

Honestly, part of me wondered if sucker punch, instead of being an attack on the UK, was an attack on India to link up with Japan. Not sure if that really helps you though.

@Lucifer True enough, true enough. I suppose you really can't simulate every last detail (for now).

As for the rest, I see that point but I'd say that that oil being sailed up on barges doesn't do anyone much good if it can't reach where it's supposed to and is instead limited only to the Volga and nearby territories. Plus, in IRL, we know how the grab for Stalingrad goes for Germany, whereas Moscow is that interesting what if question.

Either way, it seems grabbing Baku was the right call in this universe: now they're just going to run out of oil.

Honestly, part of me wondered if sucker punch, instead of being an attack on the UK, was an attack on India to link up with Japan. Not sure if that really helps you though.
That's an interesting idea...
I can't name a PzD with your name, but I know that there is a Leutnant position vacant in the 2. Luftwaffen-Field-Division based in San Pedro, Africa.

Yeah we have got to see what the Japanese are doing. They can save you in India.
Since they are doing nothing, and if the Reich wins in Europe-Middle East-Africa, it will be the one which will have to help them.

@Lucifer ...
it seems grabbing Baku was the right call in this universe: now they're just going to run out of oil.
Baku is not enough by itself. In my first attempt, I captured Baku and the Soviets were depleting their oil very rapidly as well, and reached a level below the one they have in this AAR. And suddenly, their oil stockpile started to raise again. I checked later and they had a new trade agreement with the USA, which were sending them everything they could.
Soon, we (and I include myself) will see if choking the Lend-Lease event, capturing Murmansk and not having the Russians occupying North Persia will prevent such a trade agreement.
And anyway, with the Soviets in this mod, I think that the AI can win without oil.