• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
nSSZXEm.jpg

Last edited:
Where's the endpoint of your spearhead? Arkhangelsk?

Zhukov had better get a plane ready because his 30+ divisions will soon be surrounded in the bend of the Volga.

My intent is to stop these production lines and to slowly reorient the production towards planes, ships, conversion of INF towards PAR and MAR etc. everything needed against UK... and farther.

Operation Bifröst confirmed :eek:

Where's the endpoint of your spearhead? Arkhangelsk?
It would be too far in the North, and provinces there have very low infrastructure levels. It would take too long to go up to Arkhangelsk and the operation would fail as enemy reinforcements would have time to redeploy. I have carefully studied each province and their associated levels and the target, as can be seen in the update with the plan, should be 3 provinces South of Arkhangelsk.

Zhukov had better get a plane ready because his 30+ divisions will soon be surrounded in the bend of the Volga.

Operation Bifröst confirmed :eek:
Their destruction would certainly help and I have good hope it will happen. But if they are just neutralized for a few days, it will suffice as this is not the main objective.
OKW denies having knowledge of such an operation.

I m quite curious too see how you will cross the front line again to finish this "kessel"
This worries me. When it will be time to close the kessel, I am aftaid that Hauser’s spearhead will have been weakened enough that it will need the support from the German troops around Thorzhok to defeat the last opposition, while staying organized enough to repulse any attempt to reopen the pocket. I am afraid that the panzers will have to act alone.

Beware lucy, the AI goes berserk when surrounded; expect attacks along your whole line, from inside and out

Beware lucy, the AI goes berserk when surrounded; expect attacks along your whole line, from inside and out
Thank you for the advice. Though I am well aware of this feature since the first version of WiF, which I really like. The first time I experienced it, it was a pleasant shock.
In this current campaign, Moscow has already been surrounded once and the Soviets managed easily to reconnect.

Oh man, this is truly looking like the beginning of the end. I can't imagine the feeling when the Soviets finally surrender. You've spent literally years of your life fighting against them, and soon they'll be gone!

What was the Soviet capital again? I thought that Gorki was the capital, but now that it has fallen with so few fanfare, I'm doubting that. Isn't Kazan the capital than?

So, finally, you're on the move! And a daring move it is!
But I share the worries about the endpoint of your spearhead...
I can't see the infra levels in the provinces, but wouldn't it be good to move troops to Kirillov? There could be the starting point for an attack against Vologda and thus to close the Kessel. But I fear there won't be enough time, as your MotDivs will receive a good slapping as soon as they reach Kostroma...

And in the east it is Ulyanovsk and the Cheboksary?

Oh man, this is truly looking like the beginning of the end. I can't imagine the feeling when the Soviets finally surrender. You've spent literally years of your life fighting against them, and soon they'll be gone!
I hope this is the beginning of the end. I don't want to imagine losing this Panzerarmee. In comparison, the loss of the 6th Army in Stalingrad IRL would have been peanut.

What was the Soviet capital again? I thought that Gorki was the capital, but now that it has fallen with so few fanfare, I'm doubting that. Isn't Kazan the capital than?
I thought that the capital would only move after Moscow is surrounded, but your question made me checked this assertion. I was wrong as can be seen via the link below, as the capital had moved to Gorki before the first encirclement.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...g-panzer-ii-wif2.688899/page-62#post-18163324
Currently, Moscow is still the capital.

So, finally, you're on the move! And a daring move it is!
But I share the worries about the endpoint of your spearhead...
That's good we are having the same analysis, but not necessarily comforting.
I can't see the infra levels in the provinces, but wouldn't it be good to move troops to Kirillov? There could be the starting point for an attack against Vologda and thus to close the Kessel. But I fear there won't be enough time, as your MotDivs will receive a good slapping as soon as they reach Kostroma...
:D (very good)
And in the east it is Ulyanovsk and the Cheboksary?
Yes, that's their names.

Currently, Moscow is still the capital.
Oooooooh boy. If the capital doesn't move again and the encirclement is completed, we get the nice supply issue again.

Oooooooh boy. If the capital doesn't move again and the encirclement is completed, we get the nice supply issue again.
I hope that the capital will move. I would find it disturbing having let say 100-150 units supplied in and around Moscow while the remaining ones would be starving for supplies (not for oil as there are many oil fields available to the Red Army in Turkmenistan). Anyway, if the encirclement works, there will be lots of units cut from their supply source.

I hope that the capital will move. I would find it disturbing having let say 100-150 units supplied in and around Moscow while the remaining ones would be starving for supplies (not for oil as there are many oil fields available to the Red Army in Turkmenistan). Anyway, if the encirclement works, there will be lots of units cut from their supply source.

I noticed recently when playing EoD (which is heavily based on WiF, I think) that pocketed units do not lose organisation; they lose strength. This was a fairly unpleasant surprise since they can still fight fairly effective. If that's the case in your game, too, reducing the 150 division pocket (if the operation succeeds) may take a fairly long time. I remember that I had to let Moscow starve for half a year to have a chance to take it, and in my game there were far fewer divisions there.

So close!