• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Clothed in rich furs and wearing a fine gold chain Otto von Altmark makes his way into the chambers of the court. There he speaks up once the multitude of courtiers vying for the Duchy of Brandenburg finally settle down.

"Dearest Margrave of Brandenburg, Elector of the Holy Roman Empire, Friedrich II von Hohenzollern I come to you for a favor. My father, Gunther II von Altmark, has cast off the tradition chains that connect us all to our Godly appointed rulers and has revoked Brandenburgian protection in order to follow a fool's errand in believing that independence is correct.

Oh Margrave, I humbly beseech thee to throw the false Duke off his throw and enstate me as Duke of Altmark, where we can truly serve you as the people of Altmark have since throwing off the Slavian yoke many years ago.

I formally petition both the Margrave and the Court to conquer Altmark in the name of King and God."

Last edited:
My Lord, I did not say that we should hire all three – I recommended the three men I felt were most caable for our Margrave's convenience. He may hire as few or as many of them as he wishes.

I would also make it known that I feel we should look to allign with Magdeburg. Only then can we take back what is rightfully ours.

-Johann von Töplitz

Oh, then forgive me my lord. I misunderstood your intentions. I agree that all three men would be a great benefit for our nation.

- Wilhelm von Saarmund

g1eu.jpg

Message from the King

I, king of Brandenburg, appoints Wilhelm von Saarmund as treasure holder. You are responsible for the treasury, and you distributes the money between the Dukes. I trust you, and I hope you will make me proud.

Clothed in rich furs and wearing a fine gold chain Otto von Altmark makes his way into the chambers of the court. There he speaks up once the multitude of courtiers vying for the Duchy of Brandenburg finally settle down.

"Dearest Margrave of Brandenburg, Elector of the Holy Roman Empire, Friedrich II von Hohenzollern I come to you for a favor. My father, Otto I von Altmark, has cast off the tradition chains that connect us all to our Godly appointed rulers and has revoked Brandenburgian protection in order to follow a fool's errand in believing that independence is correct.

Oh Margrave, I humbly beseech thee to throw the false Duke off his throw and enstate me as Duke of Altmark, where we can truly serve you as the people of Altmark have since throwing off the Slavian yoke many years ago.

I formally petition both the Margrave and the Court to conquer Altmark in the name of King and God."

The Baron of Horst looks at von Saarmund grimly, and whispers into his ear.

I hate the sight of it, good Ritter. A son going against his father and sovereign, in order to unjustly acquire his lands. Such enterprise might be beneficial for His Majesty - but such acts and words, worthy of Judas, just make me sick. Hopefully, if Altmark is conquered, our sovereign will choose to annex it. A man, who betrayed his parents, will betray his seigneur and God as well, how can we trust him?

- Gerhard von Ammendorf, Baron of Horst, Black Ritter of Grabow

The Baron of Horst looks at von Saarmund grimly, and whispers into his ear.

I hate the sight of it, good Ritter. A son going against his father and sovereign, in order to unjustly acquire his lands. Such enterprise might be beneficial for His Majesty - but such acts and words, worthy of Judas, just make me sick. Hopefully, if Altmark is conquered, our sovereign will choose to annex it. A man, who betrayed his parents, will betray his seigneur and God as well, how can we trust him?

- Gerhard von Ammendorf, Baron of Horst, Black Ritter of Grabow

Wilhelm whispers back to the Baren von Ammendorf.

Yes I agree, but we must remain pragmatic. We can use this man for the attainment of His Majesty's goals.

- Wilhelm von Saarmund

Frederik strolls into the room. With his nose high in the air he starts his speech.

''We should hire Herr Friedrich, army reformer. He can be very helpful in our uninvitable war with the Order. Other advisor would strain our economy. We can better strike before our foe does so I propose:

1. Raise our troops amount to the maximum. Monetary losses we can have. Defeats we can't.
2. Send an diplomat towards Prague to propose a military alliance with the great king of Bohemia.
3. Combine all armies. Together Brandenburg stands strong.
4. Put the best available general in command of this army.

With these four vital steps we can drag the duchy of Neumark to our cause again! To war!''

g1eu.jpg

Message from the King

I, the King, Appoint Johann von Töplitz, Joachim Nestor von Winzenburg and Wilhelm von Saarmund to investigate if Otto von Altmark can have permission to get control of the army, to conquer Altmark and be appointed as duke there. I want a list from all three of them what the changes of succes are, and if he should do it or not. I trust in you.

Message from the King​

I, the King, Appoint Johann von Töplitz, Joachim Nestor von Winzenburg and Wilhelm von Saarmund to investigate if Otto von Altmark can have permission to get control of the army, to conquer Altmark and be appointed as duke there. I want a list from all three of them what the changes of succes are, and if he should do it or not. I trust in you.

Johann bows.

Of course, Your Highness. I fear, however, that I am currently ill-furnished with regards to the relevant information that would help decide whether such a venture would be possible. For example, do we have any idea of their army's strength compared with our own? And perhaps we have information as to whether they have any alliances that may prove … troublesome?

-Johann von Töplitz

((BR, could we a look at their diplomatic screen, as well as the relevant sections of the ledger? I fear I'm away from my game, so I can't look at anything easily.))

g1eu.jpg

Message From the King

As some courtiers asked, I let my secretary made a report, here it is:
wxri.png

Thank you, Your Highness. Might I further inquire as to how many men The Hanseatic League can field?

-Johann von Töplitz

Thank you, Your Highness. Might I further inquire as to how many men The Hanseatic League can field?

-Johann von Töplitz
g1eu.jpg

Dear Johann, further Investigation showed that they have 8000 men ready for combat, but they have also a formidable fleet.

- Signed, You king

My deepest thanks once again, Your Highness.

Investigation has shown that, should The Hanseatic League enter a war on Magdeburg's side, we would be up against somewhere in the region of ten thousand men. I have been reliably informed that we at the current time can only field just under two thirds of this figure, md would therefore seek an alliance with a neighbouring power before attacking. Perhaps the King of Bohemia would be open to some sort of alliance? I would humbly advise our Margrave that perhaps relations could also be improved if a marriage were arranged between our two states.

I would also like to record at this time that I no longer feel it would be beneficial to further allign ourselves with Magdeburg, and therefore suggest that we seek to increase our prestige.

-Johann von Töplitz

280px-Moroni_Don_Gabriel_de_la_Cueva.jpg

Name: Jacob Murr von Rheinsberg
Date of Birth: September 17, 1412 (32)
Nationality: Upper German
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Jacob is the eldest child of a rising family of Nobility in Rheinsberg, Ruppin. He is of a distant branch of the Noble Nostitz family of Saxony. His line having served the many nobility of Brandenburg for a multitude of years. He would be educated under many of the key persons in the Duchy of Ruppin quickly developing a certain diplomatic charm and genius and a wide spanning knowledge of the Courts of Europe. He has now served as a Courtier in the Court for 8 years time. He has become well learned in the languages in a good deal of languages, with a decent understanding of the Slavic languages as well. He exhibits a deep loyalty for his superiors. Jacob has recently nominated himself for the Duchy of Ruppin.

Last edited:
Your Highness,

Our main priority should be reclaiming Neumark, as we have already a core on the land, and if we make the right alliances, we can crush the Teutonic Order for turning their backs on us and damaging your rule. Yet it seems the goal is on Altmark, and thus I will share my opinion on the matter. While yes they are small, and while we could easily conquer them, why not get them to support us? You can always get them to be a vassal to your rule, while not gathering the wrath of other leaders. Also, it would allow us to use them to gain a casus beli against Mecklenburg, because those two will inevitable fight for control.

On alliances, I say we should focus on getting Saxony on our side, as they are similar size and they would be willingly to fight for us if i recall correctly. with Altmark, Saxonny, and maybe another state (say Bohemia, as much as I despise them), we could easily reclaim Neumark with ease. Also I ask to be nominated to be put in command of the army, to reclaim Neumark for your rule and the country. the reign of the Teutonic Order must fall into our hands, and the first step should be reclaiming Neumark.

-You humble servant, Erich Faust von Berlin

((Some history, Altmark was part of Brandenburg for nearly 300 years by this point, as it was awarded to the March of Brandenburg in 1150 by the Emperor. The fact that it is not part of Brandenburg now is ahistorical, so the canon therefore must say that the Duke broke away.))

Joachim Nestor stands once again.

Your Majesty, may I inquire as to what our capabilities of raising troops? If we can raise more than 7,000 I believe we are amply prepared to march on Altmark and to challenge the forces of the Hanseatic League should they prove aggressive.

He sits once more.

((Some history, Altmark was part of Brandenburg for nearly 300 years by this point, as it was awarded to the March of Brandenburg in 1150 by the Emperor. The fact that it is not part of Brandenburg now is ahistorical, so the canon therefore must say that the Duke broke away.))
((Maybe the province in whole wasn't? Doesn't amtter though, you want it ot not :p))

Prince Albrecht III "Achilles" of Hohenzollern-Ansbach
Prince of Ansbach (Bavaria), claimant to the throne of Brandenburg, Courtier

DOB: 9 November 1414
Religion: Catholic
Culture: South German

Albrecht was born in Tangermünde as the third son of Elector Frederick I and his wife, Elisabeth of Bavaria-Landshut. After passing some time at the court of Emperor Sigismund, Albert took part in the war against the Hussites, and afterwards distinguished himself whilst assisting the German king, Albert II, against Poland. On the division of territory which followed his father's death in 1440, Albert received the Principality of Ansbach. Although his resources were meager, he soon took a leading place among the German princes and was especially prominent in resisting the attempts of the towns to obtain self-government.

In 1444, upon hearing the news of his young nephew Friedrich II ascending the throne of Brandenburg, Albrecht decided to move to the court of Brandenburg. He'd move, first. His power base would surely follow later.

Last edited:
Your Highness,

A pretender to your righteous claim has arisen. I move to denounce his rule, and support your claim. But onto the matters of the state. If we can claim Altmark, then we will be better off. I propose using diplomacy instead of war, for we should focus on reclaiming Neumark first. If diplomacy should fail, we can always use force, but Altmark is a minor concern in comparison to the Teutonic Order.

Your faithful servant, Erich Faust von Berlin

g1eu.jpg

Message from the King

I will be holding a big feast on 15 November, in 4 days. I invite everyone for the court, and I hope to discuss the Neumark and Altmark matter. Their would be enough food for everyone, and plenty of German Beer. I hope to see many of you back then.​