- Aug 18, 2012
Hello and Welcome to my latest Project: A Symphony of Influence! It is an Interactive AAR, which means that the players make all the decisions, and I am just the king, sometimes I influence it, with my decisions, but that's then again your fault . We play the feudal monarchy of Brandenburg. We start in 1444. I play the King, and we play with most of the DLC's, with the 1.3 patch
It's never to late to join!
How to Create a character:
Those familiar with EoE already know the drill, but here is an example:
Date of Birth:
The player can be:
1. Duke: They control the province, and get money to support raising regiments, fleets, and buildings. They can Boycott wars by refusing sending regiments to war. These regiments would then be kept at the province where they come from. They are selected by the court.
2. A coutrier: They make the most important decisions: The amount of money given to a Duke, the wars, peace deals, advisors, and potential government changes.
3. General/Admiral: your character would be modded into the game. The court decide if you control an army, and you can decide where the army goes. You can also call for revolutions, but unlike the Dukes, you can't Boycott a war in any other way. The skill of a general added to the game is decided by 4 dice roles, for every type of skill. Assigning a general would cost 50 monarch points. They are appointed by the court.
Every player starts as a courtier, and can be given land or armies in exhange for their vote.
Any General, Courtier or Duke can declare a revolution for government change. The courtiers, generals and Dukes then need to decide which side they support. The side with the most support (or the biggest army support) wins. Dukes can hire mercenaries with the money they have for the general they support. They are calculated on troop size for victory, with a dice roll to simulate luck.
I play the King, but if we are a republic, the nation is controlled by the players. In an absolute Monarchy, the King appoints dukes from the counts, and the King decides which wars are fought.
The endless circle of stability:
Of course, the court can decide to hold the money, and to hire mercs when neccesary. This would however lead to instability, since:
- one angry general in command of mercs, and there is no army to support the court, since the dukes don't have armies or money.
- no buildings in provinces, and slower economic growt.
The courts power:
They decide everything in a fuedal monarchy or a republic (note that in a republic there are no dukes, they loose all power at once and are replace by stadholders). From the spending of Monarch points, to decisions/events and wars. They can propose laws. They also appoint advisors (from the pool, they won't be modded in).
the powers of the King
The King can remove power of the Dukes, reassign generals and he has the last word on everything.
The king and courtiers can be bribed. The king would be bribed for more land, a Ducal or General appointment, or political support. Courtiers would be bribed for more influence and for votes. The King will accept bribery (when the amount of money is sufficient) from a gameplay perspective, while Courtiers would accept a bribery because they can use the money for bribery or influence. (see end of the pharagraph). Money from bribery wouldn't be removed from the game, it will just need to be reassigned. Courtiers can buy votes for 10 ducats.
It is controlled by a treasure holder, who is elected for life. The treasure holder can spend it on dukes or on mercenaries, but if he gets to pwoer hungry, the king can have him removed. If the court decides they want building in A and B, the treasure holder decides which gets the funds first. Treasurer order should be published in thread.
At the start there is no justice system, the king decides that. Courtiers can reform it by passing laws however.
Always Bold your votes, otherwise they aren't counted.
At the start you can only be Catholic, or maybe some of the mediaval heresies (that you see in CKII). However, if you aren't catholic, then hide it, or you might get executed. When the reformation strikes,you can be protestant of course.You can also be Jewish or even Sunni, but THAT's very risky. If you are an heretic, post your religion what you pretend to be on your Bio, and tell only me your true religion. Don't forget, the king can execute people, so if you want someone removed, you can just bribe him for telling that he is an heretic. The sum always changes, depending on the need for money.
Of course, I won't allow any harrasing, assaulting or other stuff that's against the forum rules. Read them here.
We have a coldfront Channel! Go to www.coldfront.net, select what client you have (or prefer), and type /join #SoI_Main
all post not in character, are posted between two brackets like this: ((post))
With all things discussed now, let's get started!
- This AAR was approved by Qorten