• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just wanted to say I am loving the AAR,

please keep it up!

Great aar. All Stellaris aars tend to be quite similar because that's how the game play is, but this aar breaks the established pattern and makes for a truly interesting read.

Has any empire been invading primitive worlds and what have they done with the natives? How many primitive planets are there in the galaxy that are in the atomic or early space ages and can still go into space in their own? Do peaceful space empires have have any worlds to settle or are most planets already occupied by natives?

Interesting to see diplomacy finally play a part, I wonder just how much that is going to affect things. Also, the situation in the East is quite interesting. Two massive powers in the galaxy ready to fight each other while a third growing power watches from the shadows...

The East truly is going to be one of the more interesting regions to observe. Apart from the Tuxkans, Menjeti and Gulk-Furki, there's also the Commonwealth of Patraggor who I haven't discussed much yet - between those four I could honestly see any one of them dominating proceedings, and it will likely come down as to who can form the strongest alliances.

Starting to get a little tense in places.

Just how we like it, isn't it? ;P It's definitely good to see that things will actually happen in this AAR, for all I knew it could've stagnated horribly!

Ah seeing the pirats from the primitive planet they used as base :)

Yeah, I just had to make today's instalment about them, the idea of pirates hiding away in a system while plundering some other alien empire seemed like a good topic to write about! Kinda sad to see them gone so soon though :p

Just wanted to say I am loving the AAR,

please keep it up!

Thanks so much, man! The support I get really does help me to continue this AAR and see it through - also the fact that I enjoy it helps! It's really appreciated.

It's a wonderful idea and a great AAR. :)

Cheers again, man! It had been an idea I had for awhile and I'm really glad that it's becoming such an interesting project. Hopefully it will keep up for a few centuries to come!

Great aar. All Stellaris aars tend to be quite similar because that's how the game play is, but this aar breaks the established pattern and makes for a truly interesting read.

Has any empire been invading primitive worlds and what have they done with the natives? How many primitive planets are there in the galaxy that are in the atomic or early space ages and can still go into space in their own? Do peaceful space empires have have any worlds to settle or are most planets already occupied by natives?

Cheers! I'll be honest, there have been some amazing stellaris AARs out there and I didn't fully know whether this one would be able to hold up, but I'm really glad to see that it's developed into something different. Thanks for the support!

As for the questions, I haven't noticed any empires invading primitives outright yet, although it may be because they're just not strong enough. I'll be on the lookout for it happening though and as soon as it does I'll let you guys know. As for the amount of atomic and early space age empires, there are many of them still left to rise up, and I'm sure many more of them will get to the space age independently in the near future - especially in the western arm of the galaxy where there's still basically no-one. There are definitely worlds to settle for the peaceful empires, seeing as how there are multiple empires who have already colonised planets, but the majority of planets have primitives on them.

---

Thanks everyone for the support yet again, and thank you to @jasondroth24 for nominating me for WritAAR of the Week! I don't know fully if I deserve it over the many talented writers on this site, but it's greatly appreciated! If anyone has any suggestions for the AAR I'll be happy to receive them, so in the meantime thank you very much for reading my aar!

Thanks everyone for the support yet again, and thank you to @jasondroth24 for nominating me for WritAAR of the Week! I don't know fully if I deserve it over the many talented writers on this site, but it's greatly appreciated! If anyone has any suggestions for the AAR I'll be happy to receive them, so in the meantime thank you very much for reading my aar!
It is very well earned, be sure of that. :)

2265: Pious Ytrellan Conclave
YEAR 2265

2265, Seradon System

A wave of nervousness surged through Lop as the announcer's booming voice erupted from every speaker in the room. In a few moments the fight Lop's entire life had been building up to would commence.

"...I hope you're all ready, friends, because this matchup is shaping up to be one incredible fight!..."

Lop was letting a few practice swings fly, going over the routines that had been drilled into him for weeks now, when the door to his preparation room creaked open. He coolly turned round to see his master, Earl of Salkon, march into the room, a grin of excitement plastered on his face.

Lop bowed his head low to acknowledge his presence. "Good evening, master." He said, checking himself so that he did not speak out of turn. However, his humility was quickly waved away by Salkon.

"Lop, I just came by quickly to see how you're doing." His grin did not waver as he spoke to his champion, "I don't want my fighter to go into the Circle not up for the fight."

"I'm up for it." Lop asserted, "I've been training for this moment for ages, I'm not going to fail now."

"Good lad!" Salkon beamed. "I must admit, your career in the Circle has gotten both of us quite a lot of infamy. I've never had a combatant that I've been so fond of. And I promise you, If you were to win this match-"

"...Lop comes into this final in great form, winning 9 of the 10 matches in the preliminary rounds to the finals..."

The door burst open as one of the younger staff interrupted Salkon's speech, "Lop... Earl Salkon!" He stammered in surprise, not realising that the aristocrat was present, "I apologise for my conduct, sir."

"As you should be!" The Earl snapped. "There better be a damn good reason for your entrance!"

"There is, my lord, there is!" The boy insisted, "Lop has a visitor"

With those words a man entered the room, and Lop gasped in shock by their appearance. He was one of the aliens - the Endurga - that had landed on Kolkex Zajkax almost 10 years ago. He walked with an air of eminence, with blue mulloscoid tendrils weaving around on his head, which Lop had learned served as their source for sensing their surroundings. Intuitively he bowed low.

"What are you doing?" Salkon hissed, "You're Lop, you don't need to bow for them!". Begrudgingly Lop brought himself up, and looked at the strange 'Endurga' more closely. It was the first time he had seen them so close up, and he found the way their tentacles twirl and loop around almost hypnotic.

The Endurga turned and spoke a strange clicking language to an assistant next to him, who was straining to piece together what the alien was saying. After what appeared to be an age the assistant finally felt capable of relaying the message.

"The great industrialist Danto, a leading figure of the Endurga people of the planet Shlargh, wishes to converse with you prior to you fight, and secondly wishes you luck; he's watched your prowess televised and has been impressed by your abilities."

Lop turned to his master, who nodded his permission for him to reply, "I am honoured that you think so highly of me, great Danto." Lop began, looking at the strange Endurga while the assistant listened to his message, "To think that I'm the first of my species to have fans out of this world!" He spoke in jest, which prompted a short snort from Salkon.

The assistant quickly clicked a translation, with the Endurga letting out a short wheeze to signal that the message was successfully received. Danto was quick to reply, "Trust me, great Ytrellan, I am not your only alien supporter. This match is being televised all the way back to Shlargh. You've become quite a celebrity among us. It was nice to meet you, Lop, I'll see you after the fight." Danto marched out of the room, leaving a stunned Lop open-mouthed.

"I'm a celebrity amongst the aliens?" He gasped in shock.

"Indeed," Salkon responded, "I've received quite a few offers from them for your ownership, your friend Danto amongst them. He was probably here to check you out before the match." The Earl tutted in disdain, "He's not much of a talker, is he? Do all aliens have as brief conversations as him?"

"I'm going to Shlargh?" He whispered in surprise.

"If you win the fight today, maybe." Salkon replied, with a noticeable pang of disappointment gripping him by the concept that his favoured slave could leave him. He was cut short yet again by another member of staff barging into the room.

"Lop, you're on." The member of staff quipped, urging Lop to make for the stage. Lop turned one last time to his master, who gave him a determined nod before he was swept away onto the foot of the infamous Circle.

He took a deep breath. His entire future hung in the balance.

152B85C5A00622AF9D2736AE3C3957CAA1AEC0FD

---

The galaxy is really beginning to feel a little bit claustrophobic in the year 2265, and in no place is this more true than in the clump of Empires in the east. The Vool Authority have really stamped their mark here now, rapidly asserting control over multiple systems to satisfy their growing industry and desire for imperialism. Although there have been no changes in the game of diplomacy, they find themselves in a good position to become the dominant force here, if the xenophobic Ekwynians are subjugated and the troubled Jaazijans are taken care of.

Also in this shot is the long, phallic borders of the Hahn-Mur State, who have decided to extend their power far out into the galaxy - from what I've seen this is because their science ships have predominantly been exploring the outer core of the galaxy, but this strategy could proved useful as this territory could become highly contested in the future.

CA01A62AEA263B344C08023CC11D971064ADBE0C

Elsewhere, in the north, it seems as if three major powers are looking to assert themselves in the most contested part of the galaxy. The Evandari Alliance, despite being the oldest of all the states here (proven by the fact that they aren't just black and white), found themselves playing catch up due to their unwillingness to expand to other systems, but have since done so explosively. The Ganlarev Order also find themselves in a strong position, with their enlightened subject - the Aramathi Allied Nations - providing an ally against the potentially hostile, yet weaker, Interstellar Eruxo Confederation. And finally, one of the dark horses of the galaxy, the Gulk-Furki Empire continue their horde-like exapanse over their part of the galaxy, their rapid growth so far uncontested by anyone.

There's little to separate these three in terms of power, and the future of the north remains as unsure as always. Will one of these three come on top? Will they manage to settle their (many) differences in order to secure peace? Or will another power use any future infighting amongst them to stake their own claim here? Until they commence diplomacy between them, it's incredibly hard to predict the power dynamic that will emerge here in the imminent future.

60C9068EA5A059997596DC142515907B2166253B

That'll be it for today's instalment. I'm sorry that it's taken two weeks to post this, but last weekend was a little hectic for me. The galaxy mapmode below shows many more little details that aren't big enough to devote a whole paragraph too. For instance:
  • The Kingdom of Jurg-Sahuul (Purple nation, top-left) have yet another alien empire to contest with alongside the Mandate of Riddigus, who were the focus of last episode.
  • The Sacrosanct Vhemm Confederacy (Orange, top-leftish) have finally begun to expand.
  • The Empires in the south, west to the Hahn-Mur State, are beginning to stake their claim on the galaxy, and could prove somewhat of a thorn in the side of the Hahn-Mur should they be left unchecked.
  • The powerhouses in the east - the Tuxkan, the Menjeti and the Patraggor (nation far-right) - are all getting stronger and stronger, potentially setting the stage for a titanic conflict.
With diplomacy well underway amongst our empires jostling for power, it remains ever more intriguing to see who will come out on top. I've only run this sort of experiment once before, so I'm not fully sure what to expect. We could see a singular empire or confederation dominate the entire galaxy, or we could see it remain divided amongst regional powers like it is now. Will the Tuxkan be caught up in terms of strength? Will we see a relative outsider come to the forefront? Will the Hahn-Mur State ever stop resembling a penis? Truly these are the questions of gods (and immature teenagers such as myself :p)

Thank you all for reading, and I hope to see you next time in 2270!

CCB248B6A62F14CAF0355EA38AFA085F6A1547E4

The state of the galaxy in 2265

Last edited:
Little concentrated pockets of competition.

So where are these new guys located?

Fascinating. More and more smaller empires are rising, and it is looking like anything could happen at this point. I especially like the Vool Authority's strategy of splitting the nations next to them in to groups of two be expanding in between them, that really changes the situation of the area and may very well make it easier for them to deal with each side individually. Not only that, they also get a bunch of systems from it. There's also more and more nations popping up, which I like.

Slavers... Galaxy, take note and rid the universe of them. :p

In your defense, I haven't been a teenager for over a decade and the Hahn-Mur State's borders are still making me chuckle.

The one thing that could unite aliens across the galaxy of all ages would probably be a common need to laugh at the Hahn-Mur State's borders tbh :p

Little concentrated pockets of competition.

The galaxy continues to get ever more interesting, doesn't it?

The Pious Ytrellan Conclave, which was this episode's focus, is a subject of the Endurga Civilisation, who can be found in the mid-south (they are the middle blob in the three blue/purple blobs).

The Vool seems to be cornering the Rim-ward spiral arm from their close neighbours.

Definitely! They've utterly blocked off their two northern neighbours from outward expansion, and the Multyx United Realms to their south are in a race to claim the only hyperlane route to the unoccupied outer rim (they're both equidistant from this hyperlane). Tbh I feel like the nation that does claim this spiral could become one of the strongest forces in, potentially, the entire galaxy.

Fascinating. More and more smaller empires are rising, and it is looking like anything could happen at this point. I especially like the Vool Authority's strategy of splitting the nations next to them in to groups of two be expanding in between them, that really changes the situation of the area and may very well make it easier for them to deal with each side individually. Not only that, they also get a bunch of systems from it. There's also more and more nations popping up, which I like.

The Vool are definitely marking themselves as one of the stronger competitors in their quadrant of the galaxy. I think the one thing that could be a disadvantage of their strategy of rapid expansion is that they could leave themselves very open to hostility on multiple fronts - they've actually already rivalled their xenophobic northern neighbour in the Ekwynians, so if they get on bad terms with the Multyx as well then they could find themselves in all sorts of bother.

The Hahn-Mur State, penetrating the galaxy one system at a time.

As is tradition :p

Slavers... Galaxy, take note and rid the universe of them. :p

There's a lot more slavers than you may think, as today's instalment may (or may not) reveal...

ooh, a little bit of a teaser :p

2270: Commonwealth of Patraggor
YEAR 2270

2267, Trimus System

III of Jakli, 4690
Kul-Lern
Governor and Representative of the Vul-Takren System and all worlds within
Thrus-Sanguur
Commonwealth of Patroggar

To: Our Leader Igvi-Leinad's Esteemed Council

Ref: Culturing the aliens on Thrus-Sanguur

Imprinting our culture onto the fungoids termed 'Qasvalyvians' is progressing at an acceptable rate. It is proving difficult to maintain a suitable garrison to keep them in line as the planet has proven near-inhospitable. Further funding to accelerate the rate at which necessary infrastructure is built has been calculated at around 55,000,000 Fls, and must be transferred within 5 days. Infrastructure includes 57 forts, all of which with central-heating, hydroponic and mining facilities to replace the obsolete technology of the subjugated primitives. 97% of troops are stationed on the nearby Vul-Takren colony - if a permanent police force is not established on the conquered planet the process of 'culturisation' will slow down by roughly 37.8%.

The casualties of the invasion have been recovered, and we can confirm that the number of dead remains at an acceptably low level. All missing personnel have been accounted for, and the families of the deceased have been informed. Morale amongst the troops have been reported to be at optimal levels; further troops are currently irrelevant to our plans.

The nearby colony of Vul-Takren is not sufficiently populated in order to run the sector at maximum efficiency. Requesting 4 colony ships of 500,000 able-bodied workers each to supply the colony with the workforce needed to run the sector semi-autonomously. The primitives on Cixiv Haxizabb are already showing Stage-2 signs of resentment, therefore the optimally calculated route is to thoroughly subjugate those on Thrus-Sanguur before engaging more of our focus on the Cixiv Haxizabb primitives.

That is all.

---

Dearest Thi,

Not a night goes by without the thought of returning to you captivating my mind. I'm eternally sorry that I failed to come back from Thrus-Sanguur on the promised date, but the depraved aliens are proving far harder to civilise than initially planned. No matter, they will be squashed, just like the countless species our people have dominated so far.

I know you miss me, o powerful Thi, but you know how important this new post of sector-governor is to me. I cannot relax, for our 'great' leader is old and my newfound influence will prove invaluable when I attempt to oust his 'Rump' Council - it would be a long time coming, wouldn't it! It pains me to think how they take all the credit from our current golden age, when it is the work of us administrators, generals and admirals that has marked the galaxy with the ink of our borders. Do not worry, Thi, for when I take power I will right the wrongs this villainous government has imposed upon us.

Although I miss you, I try to find solace in the fact that our ever-expanding dominion has yet to find an nation - or threat - anywhere close to matching our present firepower. Every space-rat we find - Rethellian, Ymacera, the Themlar in the Iolam system and the Qasvalyvians I now lord over - have been suppressed and subjugated. I have no doubt that our chosen course of extragalactic policy is right and just, for if we do not move against them then it is certain they would've taken up arms against us; the only question is whether they would've done so in a thousand years or ten. But you're safe now, Thi. We are. We're going to live far grander than we ever have before.

Think of it, Thi. Our children will see a galaxy governed under Xanyri rule. My rule. Our legacy shall be imprinted upon the culture of every alien we so meet. The Commonwealth shall spread across the stars, and the very stars shall burn at my command.

I will make them burn for you, Thi.

32EC7EACCCEC2D9F0CF3A7C41B7D491D1C5E7A69

---

The year is 2270, and the galactic scene continues to develop at breakneck pace. The grand nations of the east, the Tuxkan Divine Foundation and the Commonwealth of Patraggor (today's focus) have invaded a vast multitude of primitive planets and enslaved the populaces. I should warn you that I'm not the most observant person, because I'm pretty sure they've been doing this for decades. Still, this development is a first in galactic history - no other nation has subjugated primitives to such a degree as these two nations have, and since these nations in question are almost direct neighbours it'll be interesting to see how this similarity plays into future diplomacy.

One important point in all of this is that these subjugated populaces will cause both great unrest and a wider range of ideologies, meaning that these new citizens of the Tuxkan and Patraggor may come back to haunt them.

74A0E884F46EC0E8B6F6293E4238CFD6E77A8790

One section of the galaxy that has been seriously underappreciated is the south-east, which had been pretty irrelevant before but has developed several mini-contests for itself. Nearest to the Hahn-Mur State are the two sizeable nations of the United Jas'Gavas Commonwealth and the Pobelin Democratic Council that are beginning to tangle over the surrounding space, but despite the border friction these two civilisations are both individualists and industrials and so far seem to be somewhat amicable. An alliance between them might be the best course of action for both, at least for now.

The centre of this cluster is controlled by the Allied Sojagg States, a fanatically friendly and peaceful empire that could be the democratic adhesive that holds these civilisations together. Their attempts at federation-building may be checked by the Zum Star Union to their south, a civilisation that is somehow both fanatically libertarian and elitist - don't ask mem how that works. Their confusing government may be just enough to remain relevant in this increasingly competitive quadrant.

Slightly removed further to the east lie the last four civilisations of this area; the large, spiritual and liberal Mith-Fell Pious Commonwealth, the militaristic xenophobes of the Hazar Star Commonality, the under-stratified nations of the Warrior Clans of Eugizim, and the decadent hierarchy of the Ozkox Hegemony, which, unlike the name suggests, is incredibly zenophilic.

Oh, and the Royal Tiyal Suns exists as well.

D38FA1E6CD6EE091E21E14C46B031EE6D46050FF

The first civilisation that had graced the galactic scene with their presence, the Kingdom of Jurg-Sahuul, are beginning to become overwhelmed by growing threats on their borders. Their new rival of the Mandate of Riddigus have begun to expand to expand out of their home-system, and might even be close to asserting themselves as equals to the nation that's been around since 2226. Although the Kingdom have created their own protectorate, another new civilisation in the Galactic Sakyt Hegemony have sprung up to put pressure on the Kingdom's eastern flank.

And to the south, the Sacrosanct Vhemm Confederacy are beginning to cast their beady eyes to the outer rim...

721F641282A7ABC0BCFF27FC7315CB947CED4F8C

That'll wrap things up for today's instalment. Not too many major developments have occurred, but as borders begin to close our civilisations will be forced to adopt a foreign policy, and whether that one will be amiable or of adversary remains to be seen. Thanks a lot for joining me today, and I'll see you next time in 2275!

EA573BDAE0CBEEE5D2868241C66DD48A134E6EA3

The state of the galaxy in 2270

I think the Hahn-Mur might need to see a doctor about that bump..

Some bigish empires around now. :)