• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oskar Schultheiß peered over the rim of his glasses out the carriage window at the Danubian Congress building, as the municipal police and Hofburg guards clashed with Federals in a messy fight just outside.

‘Driver,’ he asked politely, ‘what in blazes is going on out there?’

Ich habe keine Idee, mein Herr,’ the man said unconvincingly.

Oskar glared at him.

‘My two pfennigs is, some sort of dispute between the Ministry of War and the Federal Congress is underway which has taken a turn for the violent. You sure you want to go in, mein Herr?’

Oskar crossed himself and pulled the rosary from his pocket, which he kissed and replaced. ‘Dear Christ preserve me. And I thought my career in the Wien municipal diet was an utter nightmare!’ he sighed. ‘But I was elected to this post, and I won’t desert it now.’

He paid the driver and ascended the steps to the Congress building, dodging the brawling soldiers as he entered.

((Coup: Against))

((Gomulka left to accompany the Republican National Guard which is encamped around Vienna. I still left Federal troops in the Hofburg.))

((And... who says you control the RNG?))

((Correct statement, General Ernest if I recall commands the RNG, his loyalty depends on the cabinet.))

((I don't command it, but its current orders are from myself and unless the Chief of the General Staff or President states otherwise, they follow them))

((Btw, can I presume, that some of the Gomulka troops have already entered Silesia?))

Milko receives a letter from contacts in Vienna...

I pray this report is some sick joke. The rebellion was nearly dealt with and now this...it is madness.

Men! It seems our troubles are not yet over. Rouse yourselves! We march in half an hour.

((I don't command it, but its current orders are from myself and unless the Chief of the General Staff or President states otherwise, they follow them))
((That is totally not how it works...))

((Max has no confirmed authority over NPCs before the Cabinet vote; as he is not a general with control of an army.))

((When you orders are to betray congress, that is when the generals make their own choices. I urge this reinstatement be swift.))

When are certain individuals in our Federation going to learn that revolt, coups, and secession are not appropriate ways to force your demands?! This is no more than a coup, a coup which I will oppose to the fullest extent! Minister Gomułka, you are despicable.

- Ritter Ervin von Braunschweig, Freiherr von Durz, State President of and Councillor for Albania (SDP)

As the fighting between the Hofburg Guards and the Federal forces continue around him, Henrik sighs and mutters, almost inaudibly, "I am getting bloody tired of this damn government's attempts to destroy this Federation."

Last edited:
Vasilios enters with his right arm in a sling. He moves past the Federal troops and asks the Congress a question.

Is there another rebellion or coup? What is it about now?

The newly appointed Minister of War, Gomulka, has decided that it would be best if Congress were dissolved, the referendum enforced by his decree, and the Silesian King deposed with the government of Silesia completly altered. Essentially the fool has gone mad.

~ Henrik Kraus, Chancellor for Austria

((May I remind you all that me and those who are given explicit permission (so far only Guilu) are allowed to start votes. As such, declaring it a coup and voting on it was both hasty and pointless. Please refrain from starting votes on your own in future for actions based in the rules [ie I'm OK with you lot running institutions like the Progressive Society on your own.]))

The newly appointed Minister of War, Gomulka, has decided that it would be best if Congress were dissolved, the referendum enforced by his decree, and the Silesian King deposed with the government of Silesia completly altered. Essentially the fool has gone mad.

~ Henrik Kraus, Chancellor for Austria

Ah, yet another traitor. No matter, I am sure he will be stopped and pardoned by the President. I also want to congratulate Mr. Spiros on his appointment. Maybe you can inject some sanity into this government.

Gomułka sits on his horse facing the direction of a large crowd of peoples in a town square.

The Congress claims it is for the people? Bah! What lies! They simply tread on anyone and anything that stands in their path to total domination of our lives...do you want these foul people ruling over us any longer?

The crowd screams, "NO!"

Then stand with me and let us, together, fight the evils that plague our glorious Federation!

The crowd erupts in a cheer as Gomułka's men hands out rifles.

Gomulka's treason seem to undermine everything the President thought he had established. It certainly destroyed all chance for peace, since these radicals don't want it. They want to kill everyone who oppose their views. Gomulka finally destroyed the illusion that they are decent human beings trying to make things better. They are nothing but savages wanting to burn Vienna and the Federation to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.