• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Seeing as the deadline is now gone by about 20 hours, no more primary submissions will be accepted. The voting post should be up soon...))

((Short, but very well written, as usual! I am glad Wolfram still does his writing.))

((Thanks Tapscott - the brevity is down to a sudden end to the PM conversation, attributed by Guilu to Papp's leaving of the café.))

The Primaries of 1863

The Candidates

National Reform Union

Gabriel Soukup-Valenta
I will continue fighting for our citizens of this great nation while putting a focus on our economy, specifically on our debt and paying it down once more while striving to maintain a balance sheet with the aim of a budget surplus. Also domestically we will continue to strive to maintain peace and stability against all extremists while protecting the rights of our people. Meanwhile on foreign policy we will continue emphasizing diplomacy as a tool to be used before war as we upgrade our military, specifically our navy with the new ironclads.

Federal Democratic Party

Imre Than
Federalism is the future of our Federation, if we wish for it to stand the test of time. The Radicals have not done poorly, but a firmer hand on the tiller is needed. Deficit reduction should henceforth be the rallying cry of Liberal – we need to find stable finances to secure reforms already made. Beyond that, a free market and peace abroad are necessary, stronger Federal Government and electoral reform. You know me and I am steadfast in my beliefs. Stand with the Federal Democratic Party and ensure our Federation has a stable, democratic and fair future for all.

All-Danubian Conservative Party

Gavril Dunaren

The centerpiece of my platform is my ironclad promise to provide strong, decisive leadership as President, leadership that this Federation currently lacks. Additionally: eliminate the national debt through the Federal Budget Act, pursue economic policies that grow domestic industry, expand funding for the military and veteran care, repeal the Military Neutrality Act, establish a vigorous foreign policy in Europe, expand our network of colonies in Africa and support a unifying Danubian identity while preserving individual cultures. My name is Gavril Dunaren. Join with me, and together we will bring about the greater Danubian destiny that Providence has ordained for us.

Vasilios Mitsotakis

I will follow through on my belief in confederalism. We will hold this Federation together through the rights of states and intervention only when necessary. I will work for compromise in Congress and amongst the states. I will keep our military strong, but will not seek out war. Under me, the government will intervene if the economy is not doing well and leave it alone if it is. I will not oppose all social reforms, but I will advise caution and compromise. In regards to colonialism, I will support mild colonialism. I will support compromise between monarchists and radical republicans.

Janos Papp
The Radicals' presidency ends, and unfortunately it has gone as expected. Endless expensive wars, exacerbated tensions, financial irresponsibility all came as predicted. Our potential has been utterly wasted for the past four years. Under my leadership, we will focus on our own economy, rather than leading bloody expeditions abroad or worse at home. Another fight will be ended, the one against the capitalists : I will ensure the barriers erected by the radicals that prevent our economy from realizing its true potential will be taken down, while the states encourage the initiatives that fit their own situation.

((Normally, I would ask for you to vote for the candidate you like the most, but seeing as only three parties are fielding candidates, voting is only required to decide on the Conservative candidate. The man with the most votes within that party will go through to contest the election. The voting deadline will be Saturday 8th at 8pm BST. In the meantime, I suppose the other two candidates [boy, it's weird referring to myself in the third person] could start preparing their platforms.))

I vote for Janos Papp to be the presidential candate.

- Frydryk Augustyniak, Councilor of Silesia

((Given we are not having a full primaries season, voting will be restricted only to party members of either the Conservatives or the Free Democrats))

((can military characters vote?))

((In the elections-proper, yes - if I recall correctly, though they will obviously not be members of parties, and therefore not during these primaries. Feel free to correct me.))

((In the elections-proper, yes - if I recall correctly, though they will obviously not be members of parties, and therefore not during these primaries. Feel free to correct me.))

((That's logical, due to the MNA if nothing else.))

((It must be repealed!))

I support Vasilios Mitsotakis as the conservative candidate.

- Konstantinos Venizelos, Councillor for Crete

I am sad to see General Kováč feel he needs to leave his post as Chief of General Staff; however, in my capacity as Minister of War, it falls to me to appoint a replacement. I am therefore looking for applicants to put their names forward to me.

I vote for Vasilios Mitsotakis.

((Big surprise, I know.))

Mr. Mitsotakis your vote surpirses me.

Frydryk says with sarcasm

- Frydryk Augustyniak, Councilor of Silesia

I put forth my name for Chief of the General Staff.

But if for some reason, the loyalty of my service retains in question, I would put forth General Kol for said position.

Status
Not open for further replies.