• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like a candidate who ran on a platform as follows

Free Trade
Interventionism
Pluralism/Secularism
Pro-War/Anti-War/Pacifism
Full Citizenship/Limited Citizenship
((Don't be purposefully contradictory >.>))

((Sorry for the double post, this just shouldn't be part of my last one.))

It has come to my attention that my creation of the Galician state and it's constitution never led to the creation of an actual constitution, here you have it!

n67uGiV.png

The Galician Constitution

-Within the Danubian Federation the state of Galicia's powers to govern and legislate itself have thusfar been roughly defined. This bill aims to clarify the powers held by the government of the state of Galicia's presiding ministers.

1-The Executive Branch

The Executive Branch of the State of Galicia is Held by the State Governor

a-The Governor of the State of Galicia is to be elected by the Galician Rada-the legislative body.

b-The Governor will be elected for a term of six years and can be re-elected for an indefinite amount of terms, however no person may hold the office of governor for more than two consecutive terms.

c-The Governor has power to veto bills proposed by the Galician Rada, unless they receive a two/thirds majority.

d-The Governor has the power to intervene in case of a tie vote in the Galician Rada.

e-The Governor has the power to levy taxes as deemed fit by the Galician Rada.

f-The Governor can only enforce laws allowed under the Federation's respective constitutions.

g-The Governor can intervene in a tie vote in the Galician Supreme Court.

h-A Member of the Galician Rada must serve at least one term before being able to run for Governor.
2-The Legislative Branch

The Legislative Branch is represented by the Galician Rada.

a-The Galician Rada will be made up of no more or no less than sixteen Representatives.

b-The Galician Rada's sixteen representatives will have eight Polish and eight Ukrainian (Ruthenian) members.

c-The current representatives will be elected from the districts shown below (see section 2-d) unless the districts are deemed fit to redraw by a population referendum with a three/fourths majority. The redrawn district must then secure a two/thirds majority in the Galician Rada and receive a signature from the Governor of Galicia.

d-The representative districts of the Galician Rada are provided in the below chart.
YzmWN1s.jpg

e-The Galician Rada is responsible for acting on population referendums and writing new laws for the Constitution of the State of Galicia.

f-Members of the Galician Rada may serve no more than two, four-year terms.

g-Citizens of Galicia must be at least 25 Years of Age to be elected to the Galician Rada.

h-Members of the Galician Rada will only be elected by citizens of their representative areas.

3-The Judicial Branch

The Judicial Branch at a state level is composed by the Supreme Court of Galicia

a-Members of the Supreme Court of Galicia will settle disputes in court decisions between the State of Galicia and it's constituency.

b-The Supreme Court of Galicia will be composed of four Justices.

c-Of the four members of the Supreme Court of Galicia, two will be Polish and two Ukrainian (Ruthenian).

d-The Supreme Court of Galicia's Justices can serve one, ten-year term.

e-Supreme Court of Galician Justices will be directly elected by a direct popular vote.

Last edited:
There are two anouncements I would like to make as leader of the All-Danubian Conservative Party. The first is that Mr. Vassilios Mitsotakis will be our representative on the comittee organized by President Soukup on the Federal Council and Electoral College. The second is that, after consultation with the instances of both parties, the Free Democratic Party and A-DCP will be joining together in a coalition for the next elections. Members of the Free Democratic Party will be able to stand and vote in the upcoming A-DCP primaries just as a member of the A-DCP would.

I will serve to the best interests of the Federation and our party. I also look forward to running alongside the Free Democratic Party. If anyone would inform as to where the committee will be meeting, that would be fabulous.

((How are we going to do the committee?))

Well then that means the commission has been assembled and is ready to begin its study. I wish the members the best of look and look forward to their findings.

(Essentially you put your opinions together and say what you believe/recommend as a whole or individually depending if there is consensus or not and that should be it I think)

((Does anyone have any ideas on how the commitie should communicate?))

((I will get the coldfront thing if everyone wants to do it that way. I am open to anything. Oh, and who besides Mitsotakis and Spiros is on it?))

(Somberg, Thoctar, and De Palma, fab 5.)

Unfortunately, gold does not grow on the back of camels. Pending actual surveys into whether the African territories contain such riches, I recommend we look East rather than South. I am not opposed to such exploratory expeditions to be supported by the Federal Government I should mention.

The lands of Arabia and East Africa has during the last year been surveyed by agents from several trading companies, and many of them, including the Rosza- Hawke River- and Sea Company are interested in trading with Yemen, Oman and Ethiopia. However we lack the funds to actually make it happen, we like the other companies are already quite preoccupied with Danubian and Mediterranean trade. Also, it requires negotiations with the natives, and there government officials would probably have more weight than traders. Right now the companies are negotiating a joint venture, but negotiations are sluggish, since all companies are very much competitors, and tries to come out in top.

Last edited:
I would like to remind everyone, before the free-marketeers complain of us "smothering business" and "taking over the rightfully free market" that we have followed our stated platform since our election, only intervening when absolutely necessary, and have otherwise left the free market to decide the path of business. This would include the credit union program, which uses the principles of the free market, using money that would have been given to banks as part of the monetary system anyways, will be used to benefit local development using mostly local money to give financial services to communities which would otherwise be bereft of finance, or would have to accept usurious rates of interest because of their small size.

As Minister of Finance, I hereby introduce the Charter of the Credit Union, a charter template that will be used for the establishment of Credit Unions in small to medium-sized towns across the Federation. ((I think I'll be able to do this as Minister of Finance, if Ahawk says differently I'll turn it into a bill)) This Charter founds the Credit Union as a cooperatively owned financial institution, owned by the community it is founded in, with money provided by a long-term loan from the Central Bank. This will be loaned out to the community at a low rate of interest, with the Credit Union only making enough money to keep up expenses, and any profits will be re-distributed to the community. The mission of the Credit Union is to develop its community and provide financial services to it, helping to increase its wealth and prosperity while still keeping the essence of the free market intact.

Janos Papp

It was during the chambers' time exiled in Sopron that I first sat down with Herr Janos Papp.

I was sat on one of the sofas the new café had to offer - though affording not nearly as much in the way of comfort a those in the Katzmayr, it was sufficient enough that I may enjoy my coffee peacefully. I therefore started somewhat when I noticed Herr Papp was in front of me.

"Ah, good morning Herr Papp." I began, still recollecting myself. "I must say, not being in Vienna makes me feel somewhat awkward."

"Good morning Liberalen." For he only addressed me by my last name. "Honestly, I'm almost happy to not be in Vienna. That city has gotten a bit too dangerous for my taste. Not just with the DRB, but all the riots since 1848. I guess Paris felt the same; but there is no Versailles to be found here in the Federation."

"Vienna will always be my home," I explained, "though I understand your sentiments. I am indeed thankful that we have no Versailles." I paused in thought. "What shocks me the most is that it has been seven years since I sat down with Signore Vertucci."*At this I laughed. "How times have changed."

"Ah, Vertucci. I miss him you know!" Papp's face lit up.

"Indeed. I must call in in him some time. Perhaps he will show at my wedding." I added.

"We had some common ground," Papp began, "but it was just not to be. Never could do a coalition with the liberals; they were always afraid of the monarchists elements of the A-DCP. And now, with the resurgence we've had on the further-right, I don't think my own party would allow it! I tell you, all these elections.. sometimes I feel like just going back home to Split and forgetting everything about politics, about the Federation, about democracy. Just go back and look at fishing schedules all day."

Having made ourselves comfortable, I hailed a waiter in somewhat poor Hungarian, occasion enough for Papp to wince - himself being Croatian only in birth. I laughed, continuing.

"You know, I can speak German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Czech, Russian and Latin. Even a bit of Croatian I've never bothered with Hungarian. Maybe I'll try and learn it." I looked up to see the waiter approaching with two coffees. Janos thanked him, not wanting to be embarrassed further by my Hungarian. I assured him that I could manage a thank you, which caused us to laugh once more. I continued.

"It is interesting how much I have now become involved in politics. It was certainly never my intention to be so prominent in the Hofburg - never mind the cabinet position in the Kraus administration. Sometimes I to think of retiring back to the coffees houses, but I feel there is still more for me to do. Especially considering recent events. Have you seen the DRB's demands?"

"Well, we can't retire can we ? We've got responsibilities, we can't go back — and as for the DRB's demands, they seem surprisingly tame. What I had on them during my time as MoS suggested more demands on the social side; a lot more of them. But I suppose that's only for the hard core of the brigades, not the less involved elements or the late joiners. Still, I doubt they'll be accepted. Or rather, I hope not. I've had my share of instability to deal with, and with these folks I fear for my head."

"Indeed, I would not sleep soundly under these people's rule. You may remember the assassination attempt against me during the civil war? That was to do with my Teutonic links - and I suspect possibly also something to do with my sheltering of Popa, but I'm not sure."

At this point, Janos quickly finished his coffee, before explaining rather hurriedly that he had business to which he needed to attend back in the chamber building in Sopron. I bid him farewell, thinking nothing of it. Our coffee shop meeting would turn out to be the last time we met before the coup.

I would like to remind everyone, before the free-marketeers complain of us "smothering business" and "taking over the rightfully free market" that we have followed our stated platform since our election, only intervening when absolutely necessary, and have otherwise left the free market to decide the path of business.
Respected the free market ? Are you referring to your unjustified assault on Tunis ? Or perhaps the amount of new legislation dictating how a man can employ his day at work ? If he even still has a job after the incredible increase in work costs across the board. There has been no respect for the men who take it upon themselves to build our economy for the past four years, nor in fact, the honest working you claim to protect against himself by restricting how and when he should work. No amount of words will change that.

Last edited:
If you all excuse me, I'm off to Prague for the First Convention of the Danubian Cultural Society. Will be nice to leave politicking behind me for a week. I hope to see several of members of the Society during the Convention.

This would include the credit union program, which uses the principles of the free market, using money that would have been given to banks as part of the monetary system anyways, will be used to benefit local development using mostly local money to give financial services to communities which would otherwise be bereft of finance, or would have to accept usurious rates of interest because of their small size.

As Minister of Finance, I hereby introduce the Charter of the Credit Union, a charter template that will be used for the establishment of Credit Unions in small to medium-sized towns across the Federation. ((I think I'll be able to do this as Minister of Finance, if Ahawk says differently I'll turn it into a bill)) This Charter founds the Credit Union as a cooperatively owned financial institution, owned by the community it is founded in, with money provided by a long-term loan from the Central Bank. This will be loaned out to the community at a low rate of interest, with the Credit Union only making enough money to keep up expenses, and any profits will be re-distributed to the community. The mission of the Credit Union is to develop its community and provide financial services to it, helping to increase its wealth and prosperity while still keeping the essence of the free market intact.

Herr Obradovic, I intend to study this programme in greater depth, but it strikes me as being firmly in line with Thomistic thinking on finance, and I would be happy to give it my full support. If you require any legislation in support of credit unions as a viable alternative to conventional banking, I shall be more than happy to coordinate with you in drafting it and presenting it to this Congress!

~O.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.