• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Can someone link me the proposition for the coup? I missed a bunch of this and am extremely confused.))
((Here is the original coup declaration [although I'm not sure if any amendments were given - I don't think any major ones], and here is the declaration made by the Republican National Guard when it joined [which might help explain the reasoning behind the coup]))

((That's my cue.))

Why was everything so blurry? Domenico rubbed his eyes in irritation; and looked around again.

Still blurry. Damn.

He vaguely thought he heard the screeching, reedy voice of that treasonous bastard Salzburg but it was hard to tell. He was too tired to tell. Briefly, he thought bad to when he first entered the chambers years ago; so open to compromise and willing to turn to other cheek. So eager.

So honest.

Domenico looked around for Victor, or atleast he thought so. Did he ever actually look around? Goddamnit, who dimmed the lighting in the room?

Papa, is that you?

Domenico slumped; and then slipped from his chair.
((....))

((inbox cleared))

What guarantee do you have that your "president" will step down - as the government has clearly tasted and enjoyed the ambrosia of power - when the next elections occur? What guarantee that they will occur? What guarantee that the government hand over the reigns once it finished purging anyone in the military who felt compelled not to murder their own countrymen, and every civilian who felt compelled to disagree with the ruler's deals?

We wish not to overthrow the federation, but simply to protect it - not to rule the Congress, but to prevent it from being twisted. I give you my solemn promise that I will step down - and if Masaryk will not, I will make him. I am not involved in this movement because I am a political ally, or because I have a rewarding bribe set up for me (indeed - if I did, why not avoid the cost and simply become Minister of War - handed to me on a silver platter by the bribers of the government?) - but out of conviction that it is best for the nation. That is how you will know we will step down, because we cannot stick together out of lies and deals like the current government does. If Masaryk does wrong, I will not stick with him because I have no incentive to. And if I do wrong, Masaryk will do the same. Thus, we - and all our other allies, united not by the bribes and political deals of the current government, but by civic duty - will be forced to step down when required.

If Codrinaru were not to step down, then he would have to deal with me.

As for your claims that you wish to protect the Federation, how are you protecting it when you are launching a civil war while we are at war with the Ottoman Turks? I may trust you to step down, but I do not trust your allies. Your conviction may be pure, but the reasoning behind your allies motives is much more base. Revenge and thirst for power.

~ Victor Kraus, GCM, Foreign Minister

((That's my cue.))

Why was everything so blurry? Domenico rubbed his eyes in irritation; and looked around again.

Still blurry. Damn.

He vaguely thought he heard the screeching, reedy voice of that treasonous bastard Salzburg but it was hard to tell. He was too tired to tell. Briefly, he thought bad to when he first entered the chambers years ago; so open to compromise and willing to turn to other cheek. So eager.

So honest.

Domenico looked around for Victor, or atleast he thought so. Did he ever actually look around? Goddamnit, who dimmed the lighting in the room?

Papa, is that you?

Kraus sees the slumped Mocenigo and rushes over.

Domenico? Domenico?! Wake up dammit! No!

Tears form in Victor's eyes as he turns to the rest of the chambers

Councillors! Our colleague, my friend, Domenico Mocenigo has just perished!

((That's my cue.))

Still blurry. Damn.

So honest.

Papa, is that you?

((Ab Ovo looks like no one cares what happened to domenico. I would say something but seeing as im in bavaria right now.... I cant techincally say something since i didnt see it))

((Don't worry, I saw it, I was just waiting for someone else's reaction, thought you had someone else planning to announce it))

((Well, time to carry the torch of Venezia. I better go check what kind of army I have at my back.))

((damn it I almost wish I didnt go to bavaria right now... make sure nothing really important happens well my characters away lol))

If Codrinaru were not to step down, then he would have to deal with me.

As for your claims that you wish to protect the Federation, how are you protecting it when you are launching a civil war while we are at war with the Ottoman Turks? I may trust you to step down, but I do not trust your allies. Your conviction may be pure, but the reasoning behind your allies motives is much more base. Revenge and thirst for power.

The government was fine with fracturing the Federation and marching armies into our own cities while at war with the Turks. The government was fine with replacing generals simply for having ethical convictions while at war with the Turks - and can we blame Masaryk for trying to avoid killing his own people, or for trying to prevent the government from just brushing aside anyone who had better morals than them? The government is fine with simply solidifying its own power while at war with the Turks. I simply value liberty at home greater than "liberating" the Balkans into an enslaved Federation. I simply value proper, fair, and non-corrupt organization to fight the Turk, rather than wading in with corruption behind us. I simply value fighting the Turk alone - not using it as a cover for fighting our own civilians at home.

- General Klemens Eckhel

Kraus sees the slumped Mocenigo and rushes over.

Domenico? Domenico?! Wake up dammit! No!

Tears form in Victor's eyes as he turns to the rest of the chambers

Councillors! Our colleague, my friend, Domenico Mocenigo has just perished!

While I may have disagreed with him on most issues, in fact on every conceivable issue, I will mourn the passing of this honourable gentleman, because, while it is important to have allies and friends, it is also important to have enemies who define what you are opposed to. He was a great ornament to this body, and I'm sure any political body would have been proud to own him! I will personally welcome his successor to this parliament, regardless of his affiliation!

((Hey ho the witch is dead. Sorry, nothing personal :). ))
((I'm off to go dance in his grave once this session's over, wanna come?))

This Federation is doomed by your hands Mr. Von Salzburg. I know the people of Lombardia well, and be warned that if this coup succeeds I know that Lombardia will once again secede from the Federation. And this time, it will be a decision that a large majority of Lombards will be behind. If the military dictatorship that you wish to install were to try to bring it back in to the Federation, they would have to go through every man, woman, and child in Lombardia to achieve this goal. Lombards will not support an illegitimate government instituted by men who seek revenge for being demoted for insubordination.

~ Rodrigo Vertucci, Councillor for Lombardia

((I'm just going to put this here since everyone seems to have ignored it, what with Mocenigo dieing and all.))

((I'm just going to put this here since everyone seems to have ignored it, what with Mocenigo dieing and all.))

I work to improve the federation, can you say the same? Your own statement has said that you would rather have women and children killed over stubbornness. It is not a military dictatorship but rather a selective military council that will work towards solving the problems the previous presidents have failed to do so.

While I may not support this coup, I believe that this act of the intent to secede is morally wrong and illegal! Regardless of how you think of a government of a Federation, it is treasonous to suggest that you would separate from it simply because you disagree with it. Did you hear me saying that Croatia would secede after the stealing of the election? NO, that would be treason. ((Saw it, but I just thought I'd give it the attention it deserves :p))

I work to improve the federation, can you say the same? Your own statement has said that you would rather have women and children killed over stubbornness. It is not a military dictatorship but rather a selective military council that will work towards solving the problems the previous presidents have failed to do so.

I do not want women and children to be killed. I am only using my knowledge of Lombards to give your a warning of what will happen if this coup succeeds.

While I may not support this coup, I believe that this act of the intent to secede is morally wrong and illegal! Regardless of how you think of a government of a Federation, it is treasonous to suggest that you would separate from it simply because you disagree with it. Did you hear me saying that Croatia would secede after the stealing of the election? NO, that would be treason. ((Saw it, but I just thought I'd give it the attention it deserves :p))

I'm not at all advocating for Lombardia to secede. Lombardia would do it on its own, just like it did a mere two years ago.

~ Rodrigo Vertucci, Councillor for Lombardia

I wouldn't do that Councillor. While I understand the reasoning, and the desire, that may be born if the Generals win this civil war; I would ask that you do not make such statements. The unity of this Federation is already quite low, and announcements such as this only demoralize those fighting for our righteous cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.