• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
((Just making sure y'all noticed...))
((I noticed, but if I let up on you I wouldn't be a very good nemesis, now would I? :p))

I urge the honorable Foreign Minister to reconsider. Would you have us let the nation crumble behind us? The Slovakian issue, the riots in Hungary, martial law and armies ordered to slaughter Federation citizens - the madness of the nation was here before the coup. We simply wish to end it now, so that we can prosecute the war with the Turks effectively - and so that we do not have to prosecute a war on our own civilian populations! The domestic issues and the war cannot be saved by sweet bribes and honeyed appointments, but only with true application of law and good government. The faster we can remove the cancer within our government, the faster we will be able to defeat the Turks and work as a functional government - not one which just causes chaos and bloodshed - again. If we do not act, we simply allow the government to - step by step, backroom deal by backroom deal - solidify political power at the cost of our own lives and liberties.

I refused an order that I did not believe was reasonable to expect someone charged with defending his nation to carry out. I did so because I feared that it would lead to murder on the streets of our cities, that is why I have made this move, not demotion.

Well General Masaryk I wish I wish I could believe you. If you had made a complaint we would have listened to your concerns, but your current actions do not inspire confidence.

Well tell me this General Eckhel, what guarantee would we have that you would even step down, once having tasted power? Ruling through a military junta is not the way for us to lead this Federation.

~ Victor Kraus, GCM, Foreign Minister

With no minister of war the armies are in disarray and have no clear leadership, obviously klemens is the highest military authority there is and all other armies should report to him. I say this since the former minister of war himself thought that klemens would be best for his replacement.

With no minister of war the armies are in disarray and have no clear leadership, obviously klemens is the highest military authority there is and all other armies should report to him. I say this since the former minister of war himself thought that klemens would be best for his replacement.

Former Deputy von Salzburg, he only wanted Klemens to be his replacement if he agreed to abandon the coup and recognize the legitimate government of the Federation. Since he has failed to do that, all armies now report to Minister Papp.

~ Rodrigo Vertucci, Councillor for Lombardia

((I noticed, but if I let up on you I wouldn't be a very good nemesis, now would I? :p))
((Considering that a hefty portion of the Federation is baying for Mocenigo's blood, the fact that he resigned in disgrace, and the fact that he appears to have lost an ally in Codrinaru, suggests that the last thing he needs is a good nemesis. :())

The A-DCP does not lead the Federal Government. I would have hoped you would have faith in me to lead our party, but if you wish to distance yourself from us, so be it.

I take no pleasure in my decision, it is one that I have spent many sleepless nights considering and I have not taken it lightly I assure you.

I respect your decision, as long as you don't raise arms against the Federal Government or aid the rebels

The State of Carniola will protect its citizens from any armed force that uses violence and aggression against them. That is all I have to say on the matter for now.

((Considering that a hefty portion of the Federation is baying for Mocenigo's blood, the fact that he resigned in disgrace, and the fact that he appears to have lost an ally in Codrinaru, suggests that the last thing he needs is a good nemesis. :())
((You set out to make a character everyone wants dead, and you succeeded, besides, it's better to be hated than loved, it's more consistent :cool:))

The Duchy of Crete will have a referendum upon the end of the crisis on what it wants to do with its future. Upon the liberation of Albania, they will have a referendum on what it wants to do with its future

Former Deputy von Salzburg, he only wanted Klemens to be his replacement if he agreed to abandon the coup and recognize the legitimate government of the Federation. Since he has failed to do that, all armies now report to Minister Papp.

He suggested minister papp, papp hasn't answered yet. So the armies are in disarray choosing sides. Obviously klemens is the best choice so I don't think you will crush the coup as easily as you think. We have enough support to succeed. The legitimate government of the federation has failed the federation time and time again. It is also highly laughable that most of you have seemingly forgot about hungary, how do you suppose you can wage this war and deal with 2 internal issues? Give in to our demands and we can kill the turk, if not then this federation will be doomed by all of your hands!

((So I guess that update's gonna be a while huh?))

He suggested minister papp, papp hasn't answered yet. So the armies are in disarray choosing sides. Obviously klemens is the best choice so I don't think you will crush the coup as easily as you think. We have enough support to succeed. The legitimate government of the federation has failed the federation time and time again. It is also highly laughable that most of you have seemingly forgot about hungary, how do you suppose you can wage this war and deal with 2 internal issues? Give in to our demands and we can kill the turk, if not then this federation will be doomed by all of your hands!

Federick you seem to be consumed by the same madness that your father was.

With Papp's current absence ((he's french so he's probably still asleep)) it may be best to choose a temporary minister of the armed forces.

((do we currently control silesia? i know this is a bad time but, id like to know.))

((Can someone link me the proposition for the coup? I missed a bunch of this and am extremely confused.))

((do we currently control silesia? i know this is a bad time but, id like to know.))

((Good to see someone's got their priorities sorted ;) ))

((Can someone link me the proposition for the coup? I missed a bunch of this and am extremely confused.))

((It was basically put the government on trial and form Slovakia as a state I think.))

This Federation is doomed by your hands Mr. Von Salzburg. I know the people of Lombardia well, and be warned that if this coup succeeds I know that Lombardia will once again secede from the Federation. And this time, it will be a decision that a large majority of Lombards will be behind. If the military dictatorship that you wish to install were to try to bring it back in to the Federation, they would have to go through every man, woman, and child in Lombardia to achieve this goal. Lombards will not support an illegitimate government instituted by men who seek revenge for being demoted for insubordination.

((Good to see someone's got their priorities sorted ;) ))

((It was basically put the government on trial and form Slovakia as a state I think.))

((Well seeing as im currently sitting happily in bavaria since i have no ties to anything else id like to know if silesia has joined our federation so I can become councillor for it, and do some other sutff.))

The Duchy of Crete will have a referendum upon the end of the crisis on what it wants to do with its future. Upon the liberation of Albania, they will have a referendum on what it wants to do with its future
((That's my cue.))

Why was everything so blurry? Domenico rubbed his eyes in irritation; and looked around again.

Still blurry. Damn.

He vaguely thought he heard the screeching, reedy voice of that treasonous bastard Salzburg but it was hard to tell. He was too tired to tell. Briefly, he thought bad to when he first entered the chambers years ago; so open to compromise and willing to turn to other cheek. So eager.

So honest.

Domenico looked around for Victor, or atleast he thought so. Did he ever actually look around? Goddamnit, who dimmed the lighting in the room?

Papa, is that you?

Domenico slumped; and then slipped from his chair.

((inbox cleared))

Well General Masaryk I wish I wish I could believe you. If you had made a complaint we would have listened to your concerns, but your current actions do not inspire confidence.

Well tell me this General Eckhel, what guarantee would we have that you would even step down, once having tasted power? Ruling through a military junta is not the way for us to lead this Federation.

What guarantee do you have that your "president" will step down - as the government has clearly tasted and enjoyed the ambrosia of power - when the next elections occur? What guarantee that they will occur? What guarantee that the government hand over the reigns once it finished purging anyone in the military who felt compelled not to murder their own countrymen, and every civilian who felt compelled to disagree with the ruler's deals?

We wish not to overthrow the federation, but simply to protect it - not to rule the Congress, but to prevent it from being twisted. I give you my solemn promise that I will step down - and if Masaryk will not, I will make him. I am not involved in this movement because I am a political ally, or because I have a rewarding bribe set up for me (indeed - if I did, why not avoid the cost and simply become Minister of War - handed to me on a silver platter by the bribers of the government?) - but out of conviction that it is best for the nation. That is how you will know we will step down, because we cannot stick together out of lies and deals like the current government does. If Masaryk does wrong, I will not stick with him because I have no incentive to. And if I do wrong, Masaryk will do the same. Thus, we - and all our other allies, united not by the bribes and political deals of the current government, but by civic duty - will be forced to step down when required.

Status
Not open for further replies.