• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ribbon22 said:
Not to mention Wales could potentially exist, or at least form, during Northumberland's and that Welsh Prince's rebellion in the early 1400s.
Owain Glyndwr

Also you get to play with Lollardy before it burns out in Sir John Oldcastle's abortive revolt of 1414. England could go all Bohemian if the right/wrong choices are made.
ribbon22 said:
cooooool.
verily

I'd be far more interested in a 1618 mod than a 1648 mod. The reason I got this game in the first place, way back when, was to be able to play the Thirty Years War. Without starting in 1618, you're never really gonna be able to play it.

A 1405 start will very likely mean that in many games, you'll have no Ottoman Empire, as it will be a rump state, fractured into four feuding parts, and a 1392 start will lead to an early ahistorically powerful OE, since the Timurids are unlike to smash it every time.

chegitz guevara said:
A 1405 start will very likely mean that in many games, you'll have no Ottoman Empire, as it will be a rump state, fractured into four feuding parts, and a 1392 start will lead to an early ahistorically powerful OE, since the Timurids are unlike to smash it every time.
I really doubt that would happen for the OE in 1405 scenerio. If we can make (albeit pure fantasy) a German State formation sequence, we can do for OE.

The 1392 scenrio would be better for Japan imo as well, but it would really suck for the Timruid Empire. We are having enough trouble getting the Ottoman Empire, the Mughul Empire, etc. to expand rapidly enough. The Timurid Empire expanded even faster than any of those at their faster rate of conquest, and people want to try and emulate that when we can't even get the Mughul Empire to form right?

Questions and progress report

A few questions and a progress report on the developing scenario:

1. When trying to open the far from complete scenario, the game immeditaley CTDs upon script initialization (i.e. it reads the scenario fine but crashes while loading), any notion of what I should check on to fix this problem?

2. How best to represent the Ukranian uprising in Poland? Checking the event files, it seems that the events call for a major rebellion in the Ukraine in 1646, I've put this event into the event history--will the rebels show up upon loading or do I need to specify them in the .inc file?

3. The Brandenburg inheritance of Kleves--should I give them Kleves province or Munster province?

4. Progress Report--presently 19 nations have .inc files and 5 COTs are specified.

1. Dunno, one would need to see it to figure out, I guess.
2. You have to specify in the inc. The history thing only tells the game that event this or that has triggered for purpose of future events' triggers.
3. Doesn't Kleve inherit Berg some time before? Then, I guess, Prussia would get both provinces. In any case Twoflower is the one to ask, as he is been doing Germany I think.
4. Cool.

So about 1392 scenario again - almost everyone seem to love the idea..

Then why not make it?

Only real hardness would be to simulate Timurs expansion (as expierenced people mentioned), but I think if you (modders) managed to do so, the only challenge left for you would be the Ghenghis Khan..;)

Not me. As i said, i don't mind a 1405, but trying to recreate Timur's conquest...hell we might as well try and recreate the expansion of the Germany in WW2 :p

Seriously, there are other parts of the world to consier than just europe.

It could be done of course, but not without serious aid, even for humans. IE freebies out the wazoo for whoever played the Timurid Empire until just after the turn of the century.

On your bugs, check if some nations own the same provinces, or own cities in provinces they don't own. Turn some nations off to check where the bug is.

The reason I mentioned 1392 was that Timur's conquests were mostly done by then. He had successful campaigns against the Ottomans, the Golden Horde, and Delhi after that, but there was relatively little lasting territorial gain. By 1392 (well, 1393 anyway) the Timurids already had their 1419 territory, plus most of Mesopotamia and Georgia.

doktarr said:
The reason I mentioned 1392 was that Timur's conquests were mostly done by then. He had successful campaigns against the Ottomans, the Golden Horde, and Delhi after that, but there was relatively little lasting territorial gain. By 1392 (well, 1393 anyway) the Timurids already had their 1419 territory, plus most of Mesopotamia and Georgia.
But also we'd haveto do Shah Ruhks reconquest of much of the empire. After Timur's death, it really did fragment, much like what is being done now after Ulugh Beg. Atleast in 1405 we'd be able to give Shah Ruhk some descent amount of territory.

I found the trouble with the scenario--sadly it turns out to be an bad .inc file--for the Netherlands, the biggest country I've done so far (naturally the one that would give me problems :( ). Everything else is working though.

zacharym87 said:
A few questions and a progress report on the developing scenario:

3. The Brandenburg inheritance of Kleves--should I give them Kleves province or Munster province?

It should get the Münster province, but have cores on Kleves and Geldre. There should be an independent Berg, which is catholic and allied to Bavaria, in the Kleves province.
As for other setup changes except for the obvious ones (like Austria owning all Hapsburg provinces and the Bohemian provinces):
  • Bavaria should have Würzburg (plus core); it got the Upper Palatinate definitely in the Peace of Westphalia
  • Saxony should have Erz (plus core)
  • Bremen should be owned by Sweden
  • Cologne is a vassal of Bavaria

Twoflower said:
It should get the Münster province, but have cores on Kleves and Geldre. There should be an independent Berg, which is catholic and allied to Bavaria, in the Kleves province.
As for other setup changes except for the obvious ones (like Austria owning all Hapsburg provinces and the Bohemian provinces):
  • Bavaria should have Würzburg (plus core); it got the Upper Palatinate definitely in the Peace of Westphalia
  • Saxony should have Erz (plus core)
  • Bremen should be owned by Sweden
  • Cologne is a vassal of Bavaria

Thanks!

My hometown was iced-in so I've done tons of work on 1648 today. I now have 9 COTs defined as well as Arabia, Indonesia, most of Germany, Brazil, Scandanavia, Poland-Lithuania, Ukraine, part of Central Asia, part of Italy, Japan, and Korea all defined. I solved my issue with the Netherlands as well (iI'd given them a fleet in a landlocked province :eek:o )

What are we presently representing with Alsace and Baden provinces and who should get them in 1648?

zacharym87 said:
What are we presently representing with Alsace and Baden provinces and who should get them in 1648?
Baden represents Breisgau and the other Hapsburg Vorlande east of the Rhine until the late 18th century (when the province should actually revolt or become independent in another way as Margraviate of Baden; an event for that is lamentably still lacking). This means it should be owned by Austria.
Alsace basically represents all free cities and diminutive states situated in Alsace. The country of Strasbourg is a vassal of Tyrol in 1419 because Tyrol held the Landgraviate of Upper Alsace and the bailiwick over nine Alsatian cities, i.e. it can be considered the suzerain of large parts of Alsace. The vassalage should be passed over to the countries to which these two positions are passed. This means that Strasbourg should become a Burgundian vassal in 1469, again a vassal of Tyrol in 1476, a vassal of Austria in 1490, and after the Peace of Westphalia, by which Austria ceded all its possessions and rights in Alsace to France, a vassal of France. Hence in the 1648 scenario there should be an independent Strasbourg vassalized and allied to France. We can quite certainly expect France to reliably diplo-annex Strasbourg - as it is supposed to - within a few decades. France should btw not get a core on Alsace in the 1648 scenario; it gets the core by the Chambers of Reunion event in 1676.

Naturally I would be making a scenario when map redrawing becomes possible, what a sense of timing I have! As I've done a significant amount of work already, I plan to finish with the map as-is and then worry about revisions later (as it may take awhile to get a community-approved new map), I hope to complete the scenario within the next week or so.

great news indeed :)

zacharym87 said:
Naturally I would be making a scenario when map redrawing becomes possible, what a sense of timing I have! As I've done a significant amount of work already, I plan to finish with the map as-is and then worry about revisions later (as it may take awhile to get a community-approved new map), I hope to complete the scenario within the next week or so.
Do you have a handle on NA colonization? OR will you be needing some input on that?