• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nothing would end it, only delay. If the HRE crown is passed to a minor, they would be made a tributary and the rest of the plan would carry out similarly. Lithuania independence is helpful but not necessary. It would just mean a longer war. The worst RNG thus far would be something like a Denmark alliance with LO which usually doesn't happen. But again it would just delay, not kill the run.

No time to be dragged into wars I'm not taking land from. Ottoman expansion is unimportant as it would just mean lower war score cost for their European provinces for the price of a stronger Ottoman. The European/HRE wars are on strict timers for a fast revoke, calling the Ottomans in to all of them would not save much time.

Semantics. Getting delayed by up to 30 years means ending in record runs.
Sure, most players will understand you got hit by bad RNG and still respect the work you put in, but my example (Bavaria getting the crown) delays you a LOT. Or so I thought ;)

As for the Ottoman war, that doesn't cost time. You only need to make sure you participate in sieging their capital.

1k on their capital gives you a minimum of 4 favors. That's a time saver for a single unit.
At least that's what I assume when I see you mentioning how you need to wait for favors.

I know you guys mapped it out, I can see it. Just wanted to throw an idea for easy Ottofavors in the ring.

But then again, I could misinterpret everything and nothing I deem important is important. But if nothing matters, why map the run at all. Know where I'm getting at?

Pardon for grammatical errors or typos. Just passed a difficult test and had to celebrate it :oops:

The 2/5/2 needs to be kept alive for abdication, but at this point 2/5/2 is essentially 2/0/2.

72.jpg

Polish alliance has proved to be useless. They are too far in debt to be called into any wars.

73.jpg

Reaching 1000 development and empire rank means the capital can be added to the HRE without penalties.

74.jpg

60 CCR (10 from HRE). 14.4 months coring time for non accepted cultures, 10.8 months for accepted, 7.2 months for primary culture group.

75.jpg

Became Curia Controller right after Shadow Kingdom, before would have been nice to absorb the AE hit.

76.jpg

100 army tradition, around 15 professionalism.

77.jpg

Close to 30 tributaries. The HRE ones provide quite a bit of income.

78.jpg

If every province is added to the HRE there might be a chance that IA would overflow before the next time I can be at peace.

79.jpg

Last edited:
Semantics. Getting delayed by up to 30 years means ending in record runs.
Sure, most players will understand you got hit by bad RNG and still respect the work you put in, but my example (Bavaria getting the crown) delays you a LOT. Or so I thought ;)

As for the Ottoman war, that doesn't cost time. You only need to make sure you participate in sieging their capital.

1k on their capital gives you a minimum of 4 favors. That's a time saver for a single unit.
At least that's what I assume when I see you mentioning how you need to wait for favors.

I know you guys mapped it out, I can see it. Just wanted to throw an idea for easy Ottofavors in the ring.

But then again, I could misinterpret everything and nothing I deem important is important. But if nothing matters, why map the run at all. Know where I'm getting at?

Pardon for grammatical errors or typos. Just passed a difficult test and had to celebrate it :oops:

If Bavaria was emperor it would be a very quick war to force tributary. AE is a non issue, not even in the HRE, this will be explained later. Getting emperor the first time from Friedrich's death was mere convenience.

The Ottoman favors don't have a lot of use, the goal is time, as in how quickly wars can be ended. Even if they're called into every war it would not save that much time. The alliance will be broken soon as the Balkans/Anatolia are needed for access and to release princes. Average time for each war has been 1-3 years.

If conversion was delayed then yea it could delay the run by a few years. The original goal was sub 1580 so the conversion needed to be delayed by 10 years or more.

Last edited:
Quite a rapid progression.

A note about rebel management. Always half state before raising autonomy until end game. If unrest is too high then ignore and wait for the rebels. If harsh treatment is needed, never use it before the rebels actually spawn. Pause at the beginning of each month and see which rebels reach 100% progress, harsh treatment those ones only. Feudal De Jure Law was taken as the second splendor ability. Edicts have no cooldown for half states. This includes using the manpower edict before tribe estate interaction.

Persian expansion.

80.jpg

Right after reaching tech 7 or 24 combat width I prefer some combination of 12 frontline units with 4 or 6 cannons. At least one cannons is attached to each stack for comprehensive sieging. For full CW battles make sure two stacks arrive on the same day. Combat width only needs to be filled to match or flank enemy frontline. The effective combat width is often much narrower than full CW.

Later on the army comps will be divided into pure siege and pure combat stacks. Cannons have barely any firepower in battles until much later. In general, don't waste money and resources filling the entire back row with cannons. Cannons are for sieges only for most of the game. Don't walk around with full combat width stacks. Avoiding attrition is the most important priority. No cavalry for both hordes and non-hordes for the entire game. Cavs are not cost efficient and cav deployment is buggy. Don't delete starting cavs. After the first raise host, raise and cancel every time after for the 5k manpower.

81.jpg

Last edited:
Assault mechanics, first demonstrated by Florryworry on stream. This has not been fully tested so some parts will be kept for future runs.

At 2k garrison or below, assaults are usually decided by morale. The higher the morale difference the quicker the assault. A 6k assault is usually safe vs. 2k garrison. Assaults have the same combat phases and rely on a variation of the same equation. Normal combat modifiers apply. When walls are breached, split off an assault stack from the rest, make sure there are two return provinces. Assault with the 6k stack only while the reinforcing stack is en route to the return province.

Shift consolidate every day or every two days. Move around the reinforcing stack between the two return provinces. Reinforce when necessary. Assaults have advantages over regular battles in that it's possible to consolidate during the combat phases and also receive reinforcements at monthly tick.

82.jpg

Changing directions with the reinforcing stack.

83.jpg

20 day siege.

84.jpg

At the cost of 4.2k men. As this relies on artillery barrage to breach walls and manpower for the assault, it was only done sparingly to speed up wars.

85.jpg

Last edited:
War vs. QQ, weakened by the Ottomans. Uzbek blocks expansion path to Ming and the Eastern hordes.

86.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

After Uzbek peace, Oirat was declared on to open up the East Asia front. The war takes a while so better to get it done sooner than later while there's not much going on in Europe.

89.jpg

The plan was to border enough of Ming to tank Mandate.

90.jpg

Expansion into India. The earlier all fronts are opened up the more time it saves post revoke.

96.jpg

After coring India Admin is switched out for the first of many times for Exploration. Explorers and Conquistadors are recruited to reveal the New World.

97.jpg

Remaining provinces are added to pass the fourth reform.

98.jpg

The final steps for the revoke: disbanding elector alliances to swing their votes in Austria's favor.

99.jpg

Abdicating

100.jpg

Leaving the HRE, all provinces are removed.

101.jpg

The provinces necessary for reforming the Golden Horde were taken from Uzbek.

102.jpg

Last edited:
The last HRE war vs. Austria and Hungary. Assaults were used on flat terrain forts.

103.jpg

A few electors were dragged in. The rest of the votes were won from improving relations. Only three are needed. HRE tributaries count as outside of the empire.

104.jpg

More wars in India, Jaunpur has been cut down by their neighbors.

105.jpg

Exploration fleet.

106.jpg

Elector backing right before forcing tributary on Austria.

107.jpg

Re-elected.

108.jpg

Last edited:
Another important strategy for the run is to use Orthodox's unrest reduction to remain at permanent -2 stab to save on stab cost, thus lowering the adm cost of each truce break to 100-150. Coptic would have taken too long to convert to. Most of Eastern Europe is Orthodox already.

109.jpg

Zealots are spawned around the time of the re-election.

110.jpg

Dip has been stored in culture conversions for a while. Up to 1000 were lost from not paying attention.

111.jpg

Exploration switched out for Admin again. Fast expansion piles up separatism quickly. The Golden Horde tag switch is done to remove separatism and gain autonomy reduction.

112.jpg

Around 1500 development was taken in 50 years post razing.

113.jpg

Every province is re-added. The revoke won't happen until more vassals can be released.

eu4_437.png

Last edited:
There's a reason why I called MoH the worst patch since 1.18

Jesus Christ that patch was shit.

Just having tributaries is already borderline exploit territory.

It was shown that a country can cede cores to get Revanchism. 100% revanchism gives the effects of:
+50% National tax modifier
+25% Fort defense
+50% Manpower recovery speed
+1% Yearly army tradition
+1% Yearly navy tradition
−5 National unrest
−2% Interest per annum
+10 Yearly horde unity

KPJEV3B.jpg

Revanchism take 10 years to wear off. The -5 unrest in particular provides a huge boost to mid game blobbing power in that it allows for more OE.

Ceding cores also has secondary effects that apply to canceling subjects as well.

After Shadow Kingdom, the Italian states were in danger of forming a coalition.

114.jpg

A war vs. Denmark was declared right after with the intention of offering to cancel tributaries.

115.jpg

AE decreases by 1 per 4 development of tributaries offered, globally. The ones that were let go either blocked expansion or were small HRE tributaries that would become vassals after the revoke. They receive a -100 opinion modifier for the time being, but can be remade into tributaries immediately after the war if the reasons for are strong enough. This can be done with all hordes and Eastern religion countries. With enough tributaries AE ceases to matter. Ceding cores has the same effect at 1 per 3 development of AE lost.

116.jpg

The mechanic originally applied to vassals before MoH and the introduction of tributaries. Tributaries are now treated as subjects in most cases, thus the Shadow Kingdom was stopped by making Venice a tributary diplomatically. The Papal States have to be annexed or force vassalized.

Last edited:
Moving on. There are enough provinces to get to 100 IA but Circassian parts are currently occupied by Orthodox zealots.

117.jpg

118.jpg

Buzuluk and Agyidel need to be added to release Nogai and Bashkiria respectively. Their neighboring provinces however are all Sunni, so I'd either need to wait for Orthodox zealots to occupy the right provinces or use missionaries to convert.

119.jpg

Tag switching to Golden Horde will remove separatism in all cores.

120.jpg

Kazani ideas will be kept for the entire run.

124.jpg

Tag switches also reset AI attitude to unknown for a month. All diplomats are recalled to make new tributaries.

126.jpg
125.jpg

Last edited:
The zealots don't want to convert Sunni provinces and would rather re-occupy Orthodox ones, thus Simbirsk has to be converted without much missionary strength. This delayed the revoke by a year.

127.jpg

Reoccupying provinces to add to the HRE.

128.jpg

Catholicism still has the majority which will change soon once vassals are released.

129.jpg

Revoked in 1501 with 99 princes.

130.jpg

Every Eastern European tag was first released from return province before the revoke. This allows for more control over which provinces they're granted.

131.jpg

A few Georgian/Circassian tags couldn't be released due to their blocking a path to the capital.

132.jpg

Last edited:
Converting to Orthodox right after the revoke.

133.jpg

Marches need to own less than 25% of their overlord's development to receive their military bonuses. Aside from keeping the necessary development, a path needs to be carved out from the capital to all fronts so all newly taken provinces will be in coring range. All other non primary culture land is given away to vassals with the exception of borders needed for the Tribal Conquest CB. Non primary culture territory with 75% autonomy become primary culture stated land with 0% autonomy in the hands of vassals.

Only two hordes can be brought over through Oirat due to the geography of choke points. Bashkiria and Nogai will eventually be extended to Korea.

134.jpg

Astrakhan and Great Horde will be brought over to India through Persia. Once Ottoman land is annexed, Crimea can be extended to Arabia.

135.jpg

All vassals are turned into marches and ordered to divert trade. Send officer is used on the bigger marches to boost their military strength. Marches with more than 8 regiments are set to Aggressive, rest to Siege.

136.jpg
137.jpg

The cost of Send Officer is made up with the income from Divert Trade.

138.jpg

Africa will be left alone for now. The Ottomans, Asia, and India are the immediate priorities.

139.jpg

Professionalism will be boosted soon.

140.jpg

The separatism reset combined with Orthodox rids all separatist rebel progress.

141.jpg

The army is divided up and sent to the next target.

142.jpg