• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, everything has an Ahrimanic equivalent.
Achamán is also oddly convenient for translation into Aka Mainyu

Just a heads up, in the svn version the bow milita level 6 building is giving an attack bonus to light infantry, not archers. Also, the morale bonus given by cavalry tech is slightly lower than that of the other two unit type lines.

Just a heads up, in the svn version the bow milita level 6 building is giving an attack bonus to light infantry, not archers. Also, the morale bonus given by cavalry tech is slightly lower than that of the other two unit type lines.
thanks! I wouldn't have noticed them really :D

Oh, another weird thing with buildings. Best I can tell, there aren't any military tech buildings at all, anywhere. Also, the level 2 library in cities is giving econ tech where the rest of the library section gives cultural there. Not sure if they aren't supposed to be giving both given that the castle versions do. Speaking of which, are castles being better than cities at econ and cultural research WAD?

hey i just saw you got an Alpha-8 up (no idea when that happened)

Would that be considered playable post TOG, or should I wait until an officially compatible release is issued.

you can click on the v8 download link in the OP if you wish :p

What is the last patch that Lux Invicta is compatible with? I need to get my fix on :p

alpha 5 + 7 was last compatible with 1.103
also, if you're resourceful enough , you can access the SVN build from https://code.google.com/p/lux-invicta-interegnum/ which is compatible with v.111 right now
( I don't exactly excel in explaining how to download the SVN as a non-member really, so you'll need to ask someone else how )

Oh, another weird thing with buildings. Best I can tell, there aren't any military tech buildings at all, anywhere. Also, the level 2 library in cities is g
iving econ tech where the rest of the library section gives cultural there. Not sure if they aren't supposed to be giving both given that the castle versions do. Speaking of which, are castles being better than cities at econ and cultural research WAD?

there aren't any mil tech buildings yet since I haven't worked on buildings for some time due to RL conspiring against me. that, and I ended up working on crown laws for a bit

as for the library chain, it's supposed to alternatingly give both, and the bonuses castles/cities/church holdings give are different

specifically, this is the design template I have
added some education points for some castle buildings for now: [the city/church holdings will mirror be "based" on these]
> scribes give economy techpoints (+0.15/full chain)
> libraries give culture (+0.15) and some economy techpoints (+0.05)
> roads give some tech spread

the planned differentiation between holdings with regards to tech additions are:
> castle education buildings cost quite the amount of tax to upkeep
> city education buildings give a weaker amount of techpoints but no tax upkeep
> church education buildings have no tax upkeep but give the same amount as castle buildings, but cost slightly more

also for generalized principles on how tech is earned
> for cities are the university building chains, which cost some tax upkeep but give a decent amount of techpoints (economy & culture ) and techspread
> military techpoints will come primarily from the different military-tree (whether early-game like defence initiatives or late-game like local nobilities) and government-tree buildings of castles holdings, with a lot also from temple holdings and a handful from city holdings (mostly the city guard related chains)
> many temple holding buildings will have small amounts of tech spread to them
as well as

Castles - specialize on retinue points
- martial emphasis on levy size
- many buildings reduce garrision size
- many non-education buildings give martial techpoints*
- education buildings are primarily administrative, with balanced techpoints and techspread
- education buildings have upkeep, but decent effects
- access to more advanced mid/late-game military tree buildings

Cities - specialize on economy
- martial emphasis on garrison size
- fewer buildings reduce army size, mostly of levies
- many non-education buildings give economy techpoints*, and give higher techspread**
- education buildings give emphasis on tech spread
- education buildings have no upkeep, but lesser effects.
- access to more advanced mid/late-game economy tree buildings

Churches - specialize on education
- martial emphasis on levy quality (land morale and bonuses)
- minimal reduction of sizes and effects, in exchange for higher construction costs
- many non-education buildings give culture techpoints*
- educuation buildings give emphasis on techpoints (balanced culture/economy tech points )
- education buildings have no upkeep, decent effects, but slightly more expensive
- access to advanced mid/late-game university tree and Academy-type buildings

* I was planning on eventually making advanced education-type buildings for all of them that each give specialized education. For example, an Armory Guild or something not only gives increased defence for all unit types, but also extra techpoints for martial. Similarly, the same goes for some type of "Religious Schools" and what not for temples and similar stufff like a Banker's Guild for Cities. Again, these are hypothetical examples :p
**road-type, port-type, and market-type buildings all give techspread for all holdings

those are notes I made in the past.
it goes without saying they're nowhere near implemented yet :p

(but yeah, regarding the libraries specifically for cities , that was an oversight - level 2 libraries for cities is supposed to have cultural techpoints actually - economy points will be gained elsewhere. in any case they primarily will be focused on spreading tech rather than gaining it. that said, the universities will be transferred to temple holdings )

still, I appreciate the heads up!

my hands are currently still tied right now so I can't mod very much really aside from the occasional steals. what little free time I do actually have I spent on venting out whatever RL frustrations I've had (recently torchlight 2 - I just imagine all those random mooks as my problems and just go on a rampage on them ).

Last edited:
Is 5+8 the same compatibility as 5+7?
v8 ....
well....
is the SVN build :p

EDIT:
AH
more instructions.
don't copy the defines.lua of v7 (which is a patch)
delete it before you copy the rest of v7 over v5

Time for a lurker to be silly and tell people how to checkout the SVN like a smartypants.
Basically, you'll need A. TortoiseSVN B. A folder on your windows and C. This link:http://lux-invicta-interegnum.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Now, what you want to do is right click and create a folder anywhere, then right click it and hit SVN Checkout while imputting the link in this post.
Success! you now have a probably VERY unstable version of Lux Invicta and your delicious fix is acquired.

Time for a lurker to be silly and tell people how to checkout the SVN like a smartypants.
Basically, you'll need A. TortoiseSVN B. A folder on your windows and C. This link:http://lux-invicta-interegnum.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Now, what you want to do is right click and create a folder anywhere, then right click it and hit SVN Checkout while imputting the link in this post.
Success! you now have a probably VERY unstable version of Lux Invicta and your delicious fix is acquired.

^ that's the essence of it. glad you spent your first post helping out here :laugh:

on another note, it's actually quite stable really :p
that said, it's only slightly better polished than Gettysburg: Armored Warfare though :D

which is why I won't release it yet (especially since stuff on my end are hardly done).
granted, I have an approximate ETA of September 15~30 anyway based on my own schedule and my extrapolation of the pace of SELIN updates, so that should be a relatively clearer goalpost of when we'll release alpha v8 (or maybe even graduate it back to beta if I manage to find enough free time to fix buildings by then ).

Think he was referring to the not currently downloadable 6 + 8 on the first post.

well, to be more accurate
v5 = last "full" download, for 1.103
v6 = patch and updates, for 1.103
v7 = more stuff, and attempted update for 1.111 (this failed though because there were more stuff changed than we thought, so just use the defines.lua from v5 so that it works for 1.103)
v8 = currently the SVN build, currently for 1.111

Last edited:
Holy Sites definition - Buddhist, Finnic, Germanic, Komi Mordvin, Luwian, Tengriist

Yes, all missing religious groups' maps and structures are done.

I just need the disastrous internet connection in Baku to process the files to post them here... which may take some time. Stay tuned... :eek:o

Buddhist religions:

Finnic religions:

Germanic religions:

Komi-Mordvin religions:

Luwian religions:

Tengriist religions:

Zalmoxian religions:

Note: comments and justification notes upon request...

Last edited:
Yes, all missing religious groups' maps and structures are done.

I just need the disastrous internet connection in Baku to process the files to post them here... which may take some time. Stay tuned... :eek:o
ho hoh!
that sounds awesome. looking forward to your assignments (even if I rarely comment on them... since I don't have much to say anyway :p )
:D

(and also reminds me of all the work I have yet to do :rofl: )

stilll, regarding the Buddhist sites:
would they be -within- the current European map for now? and do you have plans to reassign them when we eventually get around to doing the Eastern Expansion in the future? :D

- Zalmoxian map uploaded (see post above)

@ riknap: yes, for Buddhism, the current proposition is a temporary structure with actually only 2 HS on the map and 3 off-map holy sites (not sure if it is Worth modding them in, but if it is easy, why not). Who knows how much time it will take to get the expansion, since adding a holy site or changing it is just a line of code, I thought let's give Buddhism something in the interim

regarding... Glevum

I'm curious.
Why? @_@
( I know there's a story somewhere somehow but.... what is it? :D )