• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

2010 EUIII OscAARs

• Glasgow Kiss - A Scottish WC HttT AAR - morningSIDEr

Votes: 21 27,6%
  • Hohenzollern Dominance - An Ansbach Diplomatic AAR – TrojanAC

Votes: 6 7,9%
  • Return from exile – A RomaniAAR – Rizulica

Votes: 11 14,5%
  • Histories of the Islamic Countries: a Granada AAR – Marco Oliverio

Votes: 9 11,8%
  • Austriae est imperare orbi universo - a Habsburg AAR - Tommy4ever

Votes: 11 14,5%
  • Nec Temere, Nec Timide - Danzig/Gdańsk MMP Xmass Edition – gabor

Votes: 18 23,7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Capibara

Werewolf Huēyi Tlahtoāni
90 Badges
Mar 28, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
2lvxnbo.jpg

The 2011 EU3 OscAARs

You have nominated your favorite AARs this last month, and its now time to narrow it down to the 6 nominated ones, so you can vote for your favorite. This time, just one AAR will be the winner, so start reading them if you haven't done so, or vote in the poll (it should be up in a couple of hours) if you have already done so. The poll will be open all the month of June, so there is now excuse not to vote.

And now, the nominees:

Comments are welcome.

Last edited:
As Capibara mentioned, feel free to leave a comment, f.i. why you voted for this or that specific AAR or how good you thought one of these AARs was.

A nice number of votes already! It looked at first as if it was going to be close between Tommy4ever's Austriae vs Oliverio's Granada AAR but obviously the Danzig and Scotland followers have become aware of this thread! Keep the votes coming and don't be shy to tell who you voted for and/or why.

Personally I voted for Tommy4ever's AEIOU, simply because I have a thing for good historybooks. I was quite torn between Marco Oliverio's Granada and Tommy4ever's AEIOU but in the end I decided I liked AEIOU best.

46 people have voted so far. Glasgow Kiss and Nec Nemere, Nec Timide are far ahead of the competition but it's still an exciting race for third place with Histories of the Islamic Countries and Austriae est imperare orbi universo both having 6 votes each. The other two aren't that far behind. If you want any of these AARs to get the bronze OscAAR, vote for them!

One week left. You are still on time to vote or to read and vote people! Don't waste this chance to see your favorite 2010 AAR crowned best AAR of the year.

So.... Just to clarify.

The initial post says voting will be open "the whole month of July" -- is that meant to be "the whole month of June and July" or is it supposed to be "the whole month of June"?

Just checking... I'm still reading.

Rensslaer

So.... Just to clarify.

The initial post says voting will be open "the whole month of July" -- is that meant to be "the whole month of June and July" or is it supposed to be "the whole month of June"?

Just checking... I'm still reading.

Rensslaer

The poll will close on 4/7/2011 at 20:11 CEST.

For some reason, I always seem to vote for those AARs who are trailing by the time I vote! :D

I really enjoyed Gabor's Danzig AAR. Many of the others were of high quality also. Maybe I just look for different things, though, than most voters.

For me, this was a choice between Tommy4Ever's Habsburg AAR and Marco Oliverio's Granada AAR, and after reading through both I'm definitely choosing Histories of the Islamic Countries.

Marco just did such a great job at the many things I enjoy seeing in AARs -- great use of screenshots (too many, maybe, at times, but there was always something to show what was going on), great presentation -- he knows how to communicate what's going on by using whatever tools he needs to use, he includes fiction scenes, which can be challenging, and is risky because if it's not done well can detract, he's included well-researched historical interludes as a counterpoint to the fiction and gameplay updates, he's labeled his scenes and screenshots in a way that communicates well, and he even includes the personality of his rulers in the story. What's more, he did reasonably well for a challenging country.

I'm very impressed -- well done!

Rensslaer

Hi, my humble suggestion would be to stick this kind of threads on top of the Eu3 AAR section, as there are many active users who are new to the world of AARs (like me). I have been coming on this section of the forum for a few months now, but, given, the high number of threads, I noticed this one only a week or two ago.

Anyway I think the two AARs who are leading the contest are so different yet both very well realized, it was hard to choose. In the end I have chosen Nec Temere, Nec Timide because it's well written, instructive and entertaining. Glasgow Kiss is very well written and funny but somehow if fits less my idea of a "true" AAR if such thing exists.

If anyone has a last minute vote to put in, the poll is open until 8 PM today, so hurry if you haven't voted yet! Only 3 votes difference btween number 1 and 2, between the numbers 3 and 4 is only 1 vote difference. Your vote can still make a difference!

Congratulations, MorningSIDEr! Also to the other winners!

Great work!

Rensslaer

It is my pleasure to announce the winners of the 2010 edition OscAARs, all of them are excellent AARs, worth reading any time. So, without further ado, I present you the 2010 OscAAR winners. Congratulations to all!

First Place: Glasgow Kiss - A Scottish WC HttT AAR by morningSIDEr with 21 votes or 27.63% (read it here)

Second Place: Nec Temere, Nec Timide - Danzing/Gdańsk MMP Xmass Edition by gabor with 18 votes or 23.68% (read it here)

Third Place: Return from exile – A RomaniAAR by Rizulica and Austriae est imperare orbi universo - a Habsburg AAR by Tommy4ever both with 11 votes or 14.47% (read them here and here)

Again, congratulations!