• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TrojanAC

Major
104 Badges
Feb 7, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Empire of Sin
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Diplomacy
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Darkest Hour
  • Magicka 2
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Pride of Nations
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Divine Wind
  • Dungeonland
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Arsenal of Democracy
I decided to make a little experimental AAR using two new features of HttT
1.) Cultural Tradition
2.) Heirs and Dynasties

This AAR will have the following House Rules:
1.) No reloading
2.) No Alliances besides Personal Unions and other Hohenzollerns
3.) No wars besides Succession wars, missions and reclaiming Hohenzollern Patrimony
4.) I won't Claim Thrones besides the ones of extincted hohenzollern branches

I play with the following Settings:

options.jpg

The Goals the following:
1.) Based on our horrible Sliders the Establishment of a CoT in Ansbach - completed
2.) Inherit something - completed
3.) Become HRE - completed
4.) Establish Hohenzollern Dominance

Part 1 - Struggling for recognition
Chapter 1 - 1399 - 1411
Chapter 2 - 1411 - 1431
Chapter 3 - 1431 - 1446
Chapter 4 - 1446 - 1463
Chapter 5 - 1463 - 1477
Part 2 - Getting serious
Chapter 6 - 1477 - 1494
Chapter 7 - 1494 - 1518
Chapter 8 - 1418 - 1548
Hohenzollern Dominance in 1548
Part 3 - Thightening Ansbachian Control
Chapter 9 - 1448 - 1562
Chapter 10 - 1462 - 1574
Chapter 10.5 - Before the war 1574
Chapter 11 - 1574 - 1576
Part 4 - Imperial wars and family feuds
Chapter 12 - 1576 - 1587
Chapter 13 - 1587 - 1597
Chapter 14 - 1597 - 1603
Chapter 15 - 1603 - 1612
Chapter 16 - 1612 - 1625
State of the world in 1625

Last edited:
Chapter One 1399 - 1411

The glorious Dynasty of Hohenzollern begins its ascendency to the top in a little Province called Ansbach:

UO0053.jpg

As long as my merchants are still placed in a COT I'm going to crap the Money and mint like hell, the Money will come in handy later on

advisors.jpg

UO0054.jpg

These two pictures will explain our cunning masterplan to achieve dominance within the HRE. First we use Statesmen made per Cultural Tradition to boost our research toward our first NI. You can see that our ruler is average leaning toward bad and that we have no heir at the moment. This means we won't start royal marriages yet, the AI will claim our Throne and ... we don't won't this ;)
You also see step two, the change of government. If i want to boost my cultural tradition I need magistrates. Despotic Monarchy is much better suited for this purpose.

UO0056.jpg

Exactly after one year of the game we check the advisorpool again and ... Duncan Gilchrist is heaven send to counter our inflation. At this point we stopped minting, because our merchants are gone and our master of mint has a higher salary than the money we are able to mint at the moment.

UO0055.jpg

Thank you god, our Dynasty seems to be save. Now we can start to offer every ruler a goodlooking Hohenzollern-wench ;)

UO0057.jpg

After 5 years we reach level 4 in Goverment Technology and choose Patron of Arts. We are going to need the Prestige, everybody should now how good Hohenzollerns peasants live =)
You also can see the pretty bad sliders, i moved one toward centralisation, going toward more magistrates ;)

UO0058.jpg

After this step we also decide to change our advisors to support our Prestige, to spread the word about our greatness.

In the year of our lord 1407 we aquired enough magistrates to enact this neat decision
UO0059.jpg

We use them wisely to encourage cultural development:
UO0061.jpg

And our efforts seems to be rewarded faster than expected: :eek:
UO0062.jpg

Kepp your fingers crossed and feel free to comment, i will update this aar within the next two days... i don't believe in a personal union but if it works i can pay better philosophers ;)

Last edited:
The Brandenburg cousins will come back to Ansbach! :D

Interesting country and plan (not to mention game version). I'll be following, even if it'll just cause pain for not having HttT :(

"Auf Ansbach dragoner, auf Ansbach-Bayreuth!" Great, I can't wait to see you Ansbach into the leading German nation of the Holy Roman Empire! ;)

Make them take back whats rightfully theirs!
I'm doig my best but somehow the engine is against me ;)

The Brandenburg cousins will come back to Ansbach! :D
at the moment their are no brandenburg cousins ... but after the next update there will be ;)

Interesting country and plan
Let's hope it will work out

"Auf Ansbach dragoner, auf Ansbach-Bayreuth!" Great, I can't wait to see you Ansbach into the leading German nation of the Holy Roman Empire! ;)
I'm crossing my fingers to achieve this but i'm not sure anymore ;)

yaaaaaaaay hohenzollerns :D
=) Thats the spirit

Chapter 2 - 1411 - 1431

I ended my last Chapter with a cliffhanger ... and i will solve the riddle right now:
1417.jpg

We waited six years and at the end a new branch split themselves from our respectable family in 1417 ... Traitors ... and they created an new trend

1421:
1421.jpg

1423:
14212.jpg

After these events our wise ruler paid a philosopher to find a philosophy to condemn the founding of new family branches. We found a good one, called Rainer Söll
1424.jpg

In 1428 we found somebody to update our military *cough*
1428.jpg

The Introduction of our heir to the nobles of the holy roman empire was sucessful and brought more prestige to our realm
UO0014.jpg

Take this, Habsburg!
UO0020.jpg

I'm scared
UO0021.jpg

Damn you, Heinrich Söll, i paid you that such things never happen again
1430:
UO0031.jpg

After a long Depression based on every son going out founding new Hohenzollern Branches our ruler killed himself and Johann Cicero I rose the throne in Ansbach... and Oldenburg??? ... i missed that one :wacko:
with a prestige rating of 98 i changed two advisors to get higher chances to start a royal marriage.
UO0033.jpg

And last but not least... a Hohenzollern Kaiser... But sadly he's not our puppet
emperor.jpg

OOC:
At the moment i'm thinking this experiment is going to fail. through the fact of being a poor OPM every claim on a throne (without using claim throne) ends in the fact of a new Hohenzollern-Branch somewhere else instead of a personal union or even an inheritance. I formed a personal union once based on the fact that this one was a dirt-poor OPM too. I won't guaranty another chapter, based on the presumption that new Hohenzollern Branches are not that interesting ;)

Last edited:
Noooo!!!

Oldenburg is just the start, from there, we take the rest of Hannover, then Germany, and we invade Poland at sunrise!

Why do I have this image of an unstoppable horde of Hohenzollerns marching across Germany (like the Borg in Kaiser helmets)?

Is it just me, or does every Hohenzoller in the last update seem to be named Johann Cicero I without having personal unions between Ansbach and the rest?

Noooo!!!

Oldenburg is just the start, from there, we take the rest of Hannover, then Germany, and we invade Poland at sunrise!

We will will see of Diplomcy truly is as mighty as a sword

Why do I have this image of an unstoppable horde of Hohenzollerns marching across Germany (like the Borg in Kaiser helmets)?
Because of Heil Hohernzollern? ^^
But somehow your posting forced me to think about an warmongering Oldenborg game ;) ... even if Brandenborg would be an easier choice... but for now one AAR is enough ... it's my first one by the way :rolleyes:

You can always change the objective.

Seeing an Europe rulled by Hohenzollern branches would be even cooler than uniting Germany by marriages.
I still try to rule by my self but i except new branches as sucess now ;)

Is it just me, or does every Hohenzoller in the last update seem to be named Johann Cicero I without having personal unions between Ansbach and the rest?
Johann Cicero I is my Ruler and so he is the ruler of oldenburg. Johann Cicero I (2)is the Ruler of Brandenburg and the Holy Roman Emperor.

Chapter 3 - 1431 - 1446 - Reign of Johann Cicero I

When Johann Cicero I reign starts the objectives of his rules changed in 3 different ways:
1.) With Oldenburg as a minor partner in personal union we need a bigger army to avoid insults
2.) Friedrich VI used to live way beyond his means. At the end of his reign the yearly loss was ~ 10 ducates. Based on this fact our ambassadors have to go and only Rainer Söll will remain.
3.) We founded the Ansbachian Philosophers School lead by Rainer Söll. Foreign Rulers finance a scholarship for talented ansbachian talents and after one year of education these talents will leave our court. This practise nets us ~ 8 Ducats a year, money we desperatly need to finance an army and some gifts to keep oldenburg happy as long as our army is to small.

Beside our efforts Oldenburg tries to break free.
UO0014.jpg

The Evil Habsburg Empire showed there true face to the world in 1432
1432.jpg

Frances nightmare became real
UO0021.jpg

An overview of our Cultural Development. This numbers allow us to hire ~ 4 one star advisors per year and sell them on the "market" ... this is also known as the Ansbachian Philosophers School. Even if we majorly educate Treasurers :rolleyes:
UO0023.jpg

Besides our effort Oldenburg still won't be quiet
UO0024.jpg

In 1445 an new Branch of our glorious Family is born, you also can see the reach of Hohenzollern Blood
UO0025.jpg

Woldn't that be wonderful? (1445)
UO0026.jpg

But not with Johann Cicero I. His Son Johann Georg I could be the one to expand Hohenzollern Power over Europe and finally the world.
UO0027.jpg

Stay tuned to see how his reign turns out and if we finally subdue Oldenburgian resistance.

Last edited:
Well, if the Oldenburgers break free, you can always declare war on the broken PU cb. :D

Ansbach might be marching to war against Oldenburg sometime in the future... or they might just submit to some heavy diplomatic talks; a couple broken arms can always persuade people to see your point of view.

Looking forward for more!

Well, if the Oldenburgers break free, you can always declare war on the broken PU cb. :D
I outweight their army 2:1, they don't send insults anymore so i think i'm pretty save of continueing the personal union

Ansbach might be marching to war against Oldenburg sometime in the future... or they might just submit to some heavy diplomatic talks; a couple broken arms can always persuade people to see your point of view.

Looking forward for more!
I try the diplomatic talk version to persuade them that there is no point in ramaining independent, Ansbach is a nicer place than Oldenburg

Anonther update will air within the span of this weekend. Stay tuned ;)

I will follow this if you follow mine;)

Actually, I didn't notice that the claims stop when you get an heir.That could have been useful earlier.