• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Tuscan Raiders" o_O
1Bg2Tqj.png
I've gained a New Hope in this thread.

Reactions:
So this is how jihad dies, with thunderous applause

Why are you like this, CK2?

>butcher tens of thousands christian crusaders
>turn catholic
>be the preferatus

fsRTZOu.jpg

He's merely taking inspiration from St. Paul

Last edited:
Reactions:
Not too weird, per se, but I thought it was amusing.
AQ9wHpq.jpg

Everybody wants to marry this daughter in particular. Not my other unwed, unbetrothed daughter, this daughter. The Khagan of Cumania offered to betroth her. The 75 year old Catholic King of Norway offered to betroth himself, and all of his 12 sons and multiples of his grandsons to her (he was really trying hard to get this betrothal) now the Germans are asking for a betrothal. I mean, I may look kind of big but I'm not even that particularly strong I don't think. Apparently the AI thinks different.

Reactions:
Not too weird, per se, but I thought it was amusing.
AQ9wHpq.jpg

Everybody wants to marry this daughter in particular. Not my other unwed, unbetrothed daughter, this daughter. The Khagan of Cumania offered to betroth her. The 75 year old Catholic King of Norway offered to betroth himself, and all of his 12 sons and multiples of his grandsons to her (he was really trying hard to get this betrothal) now the Germans are asking for a betrothal. I mean, I may look kind of big but I'm not even that particularly strong I don't think. Apparently the AI thinks different.
The weird part? You're Jewish and the heavily armed Christians are STILL desperate for an alliance.

Reactions:
The weird part? You're Jewish and the heavily armed Christians are STILL desperate for an alliance.

Look at his map! He's the ruler of a fierce Jewish horde, and minus the pagan buffer, he's almost their next door neighbor. I'm sure the rulers of Eastern Europe would be slightly concerned about a horde menace nearby :p

Reactions:
Look at his map! He's the ruler of a fierce Jewish horde, and minus the pagan buffer, he's almost their next door neighbor. I'm sure the rulers of Eastern Europe would be slightly concerned about a horde menace nearby :p
When Khazaria reached the Dnieper in real life, German writers just started viciously slandering them in stories (about being a giant, evil Jewish horde, locked in the East by god for sins, locked in the East by Alexander the Great, etc.) and Spanish Jews wrote letters to the "King of the Khazars" inquiring if he even existed. Sometimes, they even got a response :p

Reactions:
The severe case of nepotism aka family loving. I made this guy a new Basileus:

20160412195432_1.jpg

Because competences don't matter and the family is still a family! Funny little, fat uncle. I love him!

He lost his title in a month, because some faction asked him to do so.
And then, out of a sudden, some other member of my family became the new Basileus. I didn't notice how had it happened - for sure he wasn't the strongest candidate, the inheritance was primo (and he wasn't from the ruling family). Anyways, a nice twist of history who reward daring (aka my family).

20160412200724_1.jpg

Not really strange, but I thought the story of my brother was fairly interesting. He started out as the heir to the Empire of Hispania, married to the Duchess of Skane. His wife then died and he swore a vow of celibacy. He relinquished his right to inherit the Empire, so my daughter became the new heir. I then check up on him later to find that he has become the leader of the Knight's Templar and at some point went insane. He's lived a very interesting life.

B3C705022FB9582BA6DE33B9F8707A0848C61C3E

Reactions:
Not really strange, but I thought the story of my brother was fairly interesting. He started out as the heir to the Empire of Hispania, married to the Duchess of Skane. His wife then died and he swore a vow of celibacy. He relinquished his right to inherit the Empire, so my daughter became the new heir. I then check up on him later to find that he has become the leader of the Knight's Templar and at some point went insane. He's lived a very interesting life.

Why did I swear that stupid vow. Why did I swear that stupid vow. Why did I swear that stupid vow. He wonders every waking moment. That would drive most people bloody mental.

Reactions:

Dat Pisa doe :eek:

Reactions:
Dat Pisa doe :eek:
My thoughts exactly!
HEY EVERYONE!
It's a merchant republic that looks like it's going to break the Mystical MR disappearance rule.
But it is Pisa, And they do start with some overseas power.

Whats the mystical MR disappearance rule?
Every merchant republic will be destroyed or randomly become feudal by about 150 years after game start.
(Excluding Player created ones)
eg.
Venice/Amalfi is de-jured by the ERE.
Pisa/Genoa is eaten or feudalised by the HRE or Italy
the Hansa is created, demands independence, and the De-Jured into oblivion by the HRE.
Visby(Gotland) is De-Jured by Sweden.

Every merchant republic will be destroyed or randomly become feudal by about 150 years after game start.
(Excluding Player created ones)
eg.
Venice/Amalfi is de-jured by the ERE.
Pisa/Genoa is eaten or feudalised by the HRE or Italy
the Hansa is created, demands independence, and the De-Jured into oblivion by the HRE.
Visby(Gotland) is De-Jured by Sweden.
140 years in to the day and the Merchant Republics are still going strong. That said, only Venice and Pisa remain independent.

1B3200E92832C20033ED87F773E2D981A0ED3307

I see, the HRE isn't particularily strong so the Hansa survived, Pisa I get.
Visby is not independent, so we'll see.
Venice though?
No de-jured by resurgent ERE?
Maybe it's just my games then.:oops: I envy your merchant Republics.

Hey, You have Ancona to!

I see, the HRE isn't particularily strong so the Hansa survived, Pisa I get.
Visby is not independent, so we'll see.
Venice though?
No de-jured by resurgent ERE?
Maybe it's just my games then.:oops: I envy your merchant Republics.

Hey, You have Ancona to!

That's much less likely to happen in 1066 or later startdates, and it looks like that was a 1066 or 1080 start.

Reactions:
Curious what Mod are you playing with ( I am going to assume CK2+ but i could be wrong in guessing that )

Since you are the Empire.. I would call in Lord Vader to take care of them.. yes Lord vader does a fine Job
Doesn't look like a mod to me. I think he conquered Britannia as a Germanic pagan.

Reactions: