+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hungary Flavor Mod

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hungary Mod

Hungary Mod

This mod was my very first attempt at modding Paradox games and I have learnt the basics of modding doing this project, which is why it felt so good getting requests from time to time to update it. And since I made it two expansions and who knows how many patches before, it was horribly outdated. So I decided to bring the mod up and running again. It has everything the old version had, plus new pictures and events (some just to show off the pictures )

I may expand it with new mechanics even further in the future.

I. Installation
    -Drop the contents of the archive in the "mod" folder of your Victoria 2 installation folder.
    -Select from the launcher
    - ???
    -Enjoy!

Note: To play Hungary, you must first release it from Austria.

Politics menu -> Release Nations tab -> Select Hungary -> Select "Play As"

Or just play as Austria with only some decisions from this mod.

II. Update
    December, 2013
    -Updated to latest HoD patch (3.03)
    -Pictures for some decisions
    -New events (in combination with decisions and otherwise)
    -New mechanic for the "King of Rama" decision. after you take Bosnia with Sarajevo as core (granted by the decision), Bosnia will be released as a vassal, but don't worry, since you can annex it later with the "Dominions of the Crown" decision.
    -After the "Polish Compromise", you will lose Polish as accepted culture, if Poland becomes independent.

26th April
    -Fixed the Dominions of the Crown decision, now annexes (correctly) only 1 and 2 state countries.
    -Edited the AUS decision "Austro-Hungarian Compromise" to check whether Hungary exists or not. (file included in 'decision' folder) Previously it was possible to form KUK even if HUN existed, because decisions I made gave HUN cores on AUS territory. Now it is fixed.

23rd April
    -Fixed Parliament decision, having 2 "allow" conditions, instead of "potential"
    -German and French versions now should display the English texts. (HUN.csv had only one column filled with text) Also fixed the spelling of "millenial" (was missing an L)

Feel free to use anything from here in your Mods, just please, give me credit!

Hope you'll enjoy it!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HolyOne; 10-12-2013 at 01:18. Reason: Major update

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

How coincidental is this? I am reading a book on Hungarian history and have a game going as Hungary. Downloading
    "History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

This is good. Keep up the good work.

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Delegate View Post
    How coincidental is this? I am reading a book on Hungarian history and have a game going as Hungary. Downloading
    A coincidence, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujit View Post
    This is good. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you!

I also updated the first post. I fixed some things that slipped my mind during the first release.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

Oh, do not forget to add it on the mod list.

Posted another update. I fixed some issues that came up along the way.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

To form the KuK as Hungary why do you have to control Vienna? Can't you just have Austria in your sphere because that's like to form greater Germany as Prussia you have to capture Vienna which sort of defeats the purpose since you gain infamy to take a provence which you will annex plus that's Austria's capital and that means you have to dismantle the remainder of the empire so you gain all of the infamy for doing that.
    CesarzPolska

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hi,

I also modded Hungary a bit in may game. I thought you could include it in your mod.

common/countries/Hungary.txt
    New green color, instead of that weird red. Also uses general european sprites (so uniforms would be colored).
    Code:
    color = { 80 150 0 }
    graphical_culture = EuropeanGC
    common/country_colors.txt
    New uniform colors.
    Code:
    # Hungary
    HUN = {
        color1= { 180 25 25  }
        color2= { 80 150 0  }
        color3= { 119 151 122  }
    }
    New ship names:
    Code:
    unit_names = {

dreadnought = {
    	"Szent István" "II. István" "III. István" "IV. István" "V. István" "I. Béla" "II. Béla" "III. Béla" "IV. Béla" "I.András" "II.András" "III. András" 

"Géza" "Szent Imre" "Szent Gellért" "Szent Erzsébet" "Szent Anna" "Szent Margit" "Szent László" "Könyves Kálmán" "Nagy Lajos" "Károly Róbert" "Hunyadi János" 

"Hunyadi Mátyás" "Rákóczi Ferenc" "Bethlen Gábor" "Dózsa Görgy" "Kossuth Lajos" "Széchenyi István" "Bem József" "Thököly Imre" "Esze Tamás" "Deák Ferenc" 

"Vak Bottyán" "Kinizsi Pál" "Dobó István" "Zrínyi Miklós" "Szapolyai János" 
    	}
    	cruiser = {
    	Győzelem Diadal Villám Mennydörgés Vihar Aranyszarvas Szabadság Egyenlőség Testvériség Szentháromság Balsors Rettegett Rémület Szentlélek Fennséges 

Sebezhetetlen Hódító Bosszuálló Hatalmas Dicsőséges Hazafi Sas Sólyom Albatrosz Katedrális Holló Héja Oroszlán Farkas Cápa Tigris Mártír Buda Pest Győr Pécs 

Sopron Szombathely Zalaegerszeg Kaposvár Szigetvár Szekszárd Székesfehérvár Komárom Esztergom Nyitra Pozsony Trencsén Zsolna Beszterce Debrecen Nyíregyháza 

Békéscsaba Gyula Miskolc Hatvan Eger Gyöngyös Szolnok Cegléd Szeged Zombor Szabadka Újvidék Nagybecskerek Temesvár Resica Karánsebes Déva Arad Nagyvárad 

Szatmár Kolozsvár Máramarossziget Gyulafehérvár Békéscsaba Eszék Zágráb Fehérvár Csáktorny Nagyszeben Brassó Fiume Fehérvár Zára Spalató Károlyvár Istvánvár 

Munkács Ungvár Eperjes Kassa Ózd Zemplén Kecskemét Baja Veszprém Várpalota Keszthely Visegrád Nagykanizsa Marosvásárhely Nándorfehérvár Zágráb Eszék Belovár 

Fiume Lukácsbánya Szarajvár Zengg Zára Csáktornya
    	}
    	monitor = {
    	Kárpátia Erdély Pannónia Felvidék Alföld Dalmácia Isztria Illíria Havasalföld Rácföld Mezőség Hortobágy Bakony Mátra Tátra Fátra Vértes Mecsek 

Viharsarok Bánát Bácska Szerém Olténia Munténia Buda Pest Győr Pécs Sopron Szombathely Zalaegerszeg Kaposvár Szigetvár Szekszárd Székesfehérvár Komárom 

Esztergom Nyitra Pozsony Trencsén Zsolna Beszterce Debrecen Nyíregyháza Békéscsaba Gyula Miskolc Hatvan Eger Gyöngyös Szolnok Cegléd Szeged Zombor Szabadka 

Újvidék Nagybecskerek Temesvár Resica Karánsebes Déva Arad Nagyvárad Szatmár Kolozsvár Máramarossziget Gyulafehérvár Békéscsaba Eszék Zágráb Fehérvár 

Csáktorny Nagyszeben Brassó Fiume Fehérvár Zára Spalató Károlyvár Istvánvár Munkács Ungvár Eperjes Kassa Ózd Zemplén Kecskemét Baja Veszprém Várpalota 

Keszthely Visegrád Nagykanizsa Marosvásárhely Nándorfehérvár Zágráb Eszék Belovár Fiume Lukácsbánya Szarajvár Zengg Zára Csáktornya
    	}
    	ironclad = {
    	Aranybulla Árpád Álmos Turulmadár Magyar Harcos Katona Nemzetőr Hajdú Kuruc Huszár Pandúr Herceg Hercegnő Lovag Keresztes Apostol Betyár Előd Ond 

Kond Tas Huba Töhötöm Őrs Búlcsú Kund Lehel Szabolcs Gyula Nyék Megyer Gyarmat Tarján Kér Keszi Békés Vas Kürt
    	}
    	commerce_raider = {
    	Duna Tisza Dráva Száva Ipoly Olt Maros Körös Zagyva Galga Szamos Bodrog Hernád Sajó Sió Zala Rába Rábca Drina Balaton Berettyó Adria Mediterrán 

Atlati Égei Fekete Fehér Vörös 		
    	}
    	steam_transport = {

}
    	manowar = {
    Buda Pest Győr Pécs Sopron Szombathely Zalaegerszeg Kaposvár Szigetvár Szekszárd Székesfehérvár Komárom Esztergom Nyitra Pozsony Trencsén Zsolna Beszterce 

Debrecen Nyíregyháza Békéscsaba Gyula Miskolc Hatvan Eger Gyöngyös Szolnok Cegléd Szeged Zombor Szabadka Újvidék Nagybecskerek Temesvár Resica Karánsebes 

Déva Arad Nagyvárad Szatmár Kolozsvár Máramarossziget Gyulafehérvár Békéscsaba Eszék Zágráb Fehérvár Csáktorny Nagyszeben Brassó Fiume Fehérvár Zára Spalató 

Károlyvár Istvánvár Munkács Ungvár Eperjes Kassa Ózd Zemplén Kecskemét Baja Veszprém Várpalota Keszthely Visegrád Nagykanizsa Marosvásárhely Nándorfehérvár 

Zágráb Eszék Belovár Fiume Lukácsbánya Szarajvár Zengg Zára Csáktornya	
    	}
    	frigate = {
    	Kárpátia Erdély Pannónia Felvidék Alföld Dalmácia Isztria Illíria Havasalföld Rácföld Mezőség Hortobágy Bakony Mátra Tátra Fátra Vértes Mecsek 

Viharsarok Bánát Bácska Szerém Olténia Munténia Buda Pest Győr Pécs Sopron Szombathely Zalaegerszeg Kaposvár Szigetvár Szekszárd Székesfehérvár Komárom 

Esztergom Nyitra Pozsony Trencsén Zsolna Beszterce Debrecen Nyíregyháza Békéscsaba Gyula Miskolc Hatvan Eger Gyöngyös Szolnok Cegléd Szeged Zombor Szabadka 

Újvidék Nagybecskerek Temesvár Resica Karánsebes Déva Arad Nagyvárad Szatmár Kolozsvár Máramarossziget Gyulafehérvár Békéscsaba Eszék Zágráb Fehérvár 

Csáktorny Nagyszeben Brassó Fiume Fehérvár Zára Spalató Károlyvár Istvánvár Munkács Ungvár Eperjes Kassa Ózd Zemplén Kecskemét Baja Veszprém Várpalota 

Keszthely Visegrád Nagykanizsa Marosvásárhely Nándorfehérvár Zágráb Eszék Belovár Fiume Lukácsbánya Szarajvár Zengg Zára Csáktornya	
    	}
    	clipper_transport = {

}
    }

Modified flags:
    flags.zip
    "The great masses of the people will more easily fall for a big lie, than for a small one." - Adolf Hitler
    "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao Zedong
    "War is a continuation of politics by other means." - Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz
    "To secure peace is to prepare for war." - Vegetius
    "You get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with just a kind word." - Alphonso "Scarface" G. Capone
    "Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin J. E. Rommel

@CesarzPolska: It was never intended to be easy. TBH, why would you even do it, if you finally got the chance to play as Hungary
    But you definitely have a point and I will probably change it in the next update.

@molace: Thanks for the stuff! I also got some leader and party names in a PM a while back, so I will include these too.

Also, I have learnt a bit about events while modding things in EU3, so I will also change some decisions or write new events from scratch. Oh, and I will include on _oob too.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

I guess you are right because without hungary austria is usually very weak. Do you think you would ever try to make a Austrian flavor mod since it has a few decisions and events but none with this much depth because Austria (with Hungary) and Hungary are fun games because of there size position and strength I'm playing as Austria and I have hundreds of thousands of craftsmen and the largest army and navy in the world, I formed the SGF but just so its easier for Prussia to focus on NGF and then form Germany as Austria I plan on focussing outside of Germany.
    CesarzPolska

hello I Enjoying this mod however, every time I get the event to speed up my Casus belli it crashes my game. I suppose I could avoid this in the future, however I thought you should be informed to any bugs. also in case this is important I am using the god-awful windows 8 which causes a lot of my games to be fairly annoying to play in that every time I install a new one I have to edit the program files to make it work.

PS I am enjoying your mod very much myself and am glad I found something like this by accident, well done.

I updated the mod to the latest patch. Check the first post!

Please report any quirks or bugs!

Cool. Does this work with Pop Demand Mod (Pops of Darkness)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitan View Post
    Cool. Does this work with Pop Demand Mod (Pops of Darkness)?
    Probably not, unless you manually copy my event modifiers to their file and check my event ids don't conflict with PoD either.

(Edit) Also, that mod made changes to the Galician area, which means some of my stuff won't work properly with it.
    Last edited by HolyOne; 10-12-2013 at 10:44.
    Hungary Flavor Mod - for Victoria II

Random Republic Leaders - for EU IV

I downloawed the newest version of your mod, but whenever the "Age of Reform" event fires, it crashes my game. Any ideas why?
    "Hmm... a Tsar, raised by the will of the people? Sounds legit." -- KotoR45

Need ministers for a mod project or just because?

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite View Post
    I downloawed the newest version of your mod, but whenever the "Age of Reform" event fires, it crashes my game. Any ideas why?
    Are you using any other mods? Because it sounds like the event_modifiers did not load correctly. The game crashes when an event or decision tries to display a modifier which does not exist.
    Hungary Flavor Mod - for Victoria II

Random Republic Leaders - for EU IV

+ Reply to Thread