The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can only imagine the annoyance for anyone going to the other universe while the bridge existed and realizing all your cash is just worthless.

I can only imagine the annoyance for anyone going to the other universe while the bridge existed and realizing all your cash is just worthless.
I pity the economists from both sides who had to work out a good exchange rate for not only their own currencies but those of the other countries, while the two Earths have different economic systems and global markets. Although it should be a little easier for the Annionaverse...

Steel Man: Extremis

A year after the events of The Vindicators and Steel Man: Armor Wars, billionaire playboy philanthropist inventor Eddy Hugo deals with PTSD and no longer wants to be a superhero. However, a major terrorist attack in Frankfurt caused by salvaged Chitauri technology from Constantinople, claimed by the mysterious Mandarin as retaliation for the Reich's numerous military campaigns in North Eimerica and elsewhere and followed by more around the world, causes him to take up the Steel Man mantle again. Eddy, assisted by retired SHIELD scientist Heinrich Pym, a friend of his father, creates an improved AI named Ultron-I to deploy on his smart-watch and help him dig up information on the Mandarin. Both JARVIS and Ultron-I try to discourage Tony from working so obsessively.

Colonel Rhodes, as War Machine, uncovers evidence the Ten Rings, now run by the Mandarin, has been salvaging Chitauri technology for their deadly attacks, hoping to put pressure on the Roman government to stop its "imperialist ventures." Pepper Potts runs into an old college friend of Eddy’s, Aldrich Killian, who is now the successful CEO of Advanced Idea Mechanics (FIM), a think tank consulting with the Roman government. After he goads them to show up at his address for a battle, the Ten Rings attacks and destroys Hugo’s mansion, and he is believed dead. Ultron-I helps Eddy escape after JARVIS is forced offline. Rhodes eventually finds Killian has been covering up evidence in the attacks from SHIELD and other agencies before Killian steals the War Machine armor from him.

Investigating a Ten Rings attack, Hugo finds that the bombings were triggered by soldiers subjected to Extremis, an experimental drug developed by Killian which gives them increased strength but is currently unstable and turns them into living bombs. Hugo traces the Mandarin to Lisbon, where he finds Killian supplied Extremis to the Mandarin. The Mandarin, revealed to be Tochtli, has been augmented by both Extremis and Chitauri technology engineered into ten rings (the “Ten Rings” in the group’s name) connected in a gauntlet.

The Mandarin reveals that he has captured Pepper Potts and subjected her to the still unstable Extremis. Killian, meanwhile, sends the hijacked War Machine armor to attack Imperial One and abduct the Kaiser (played by himself). Rhodes and Hugo follow Killian and the Mandarin to an oil platform where the Mandarin intends to kill the Kaiser on live television unless the Reich stops its endless wars around the world and the selling of weapons to terrorists and other rogue factions, as Hugo did. Rhodes saves the Kaiser, while Hugo, summoning a “steel legion” of Steel Man suits piloted by Ultron-I, saves Potts. The Mandarin and Killian are presumably killed as the oil rig explodes. Eddy then orders the suits, and Ultron-I with them, to self-destruct. He demolishes what is left of his old mansion and moves to a new lab at Vindicators Tower. There, he creates a second AI called Ultron-II, which works on assembling a new Steel Legion.

In a mid-credits scene, JARVIS inspects the suits, while Ultron-II begins accessing random parts of the Internet, specifically information on the Vindicators and SHIELD (focusing on a research project led by Jane), and searches for why he (as Ultron-I) was forced to self-terminate.

That was pretty interesting. I especially like Ultron’s early introduction, I look forward to see what you’ll do with him in Age of Ultron.:)

I admit I completely forgot about Tochtil from the last marvel interlude, I had to look at the previous Phase 1 summary to remember him. Sorry about that, that’s an whoops on my part.:p

Also, wasn’t Pepper Potts named Penelope in the Phase 1 summary? Just thought I’d point this out in case you overlooked it.

By the way, I was wondering what influences you used for the Annionaverse/Hohenzollernverse crossover arc? The source material you used for that arc kinda went over my head unfortunately.:oops:

Last edited:
That was pretty interesting. I especially like Ultron’s early introduction, I look forward to see what you’ll do with him in Age of Ultron.:)
Oh, Age of Ultron will be completely different. Even the name is different.
I admit I completely forgot about Tochtil from the last marvel interlude, I had to look at the previous Phase 1 summary to remember him. Sorry about that, that’s an whoops on my part.:p
Working as intended.;)
Also, wasn’t Pepper Potts named Penelope in the Phase 1 summary? Just thought I’d point this out in case you overlooked it.
Pepper is her nickname.

totally not a retcon
By the way, I was wondering what influences you used for the Annionaverse/Hohenzollernverse crossover arc? The source material you used for that arc kinda went over my head.
Fringe mostly. There will be one more Fringe-inspired arc coming up in the future.

For some reason, I’ve never even heard of that show until now. So forgive me for asking this, what’s it like and would you recommend it? I might look into it anyway, out of curiosity.
It's pretty great. The story arc is really tied together, with very few plot holes and a lot of setup and foreshadowing. You can find hints for future reveals from the very beginning. So it's a really good show if you like mystery and figuring things out.

It's pretty great. The story arc is really tied together, with very few plot holes and a lot of setup and foreshadowing. You can find hints for future reveals from the very beginning. So it's a really good show if you like mystery and figuring things out.
Alright, I’ll look into it eventually. Thanks for the recommendation.:)

No offense, but this was kinda my reaction to seeing Tochtil as the Mandarin, I won’t lie.:p
I’m tempted to make a rant about underdeveloped twist villains in general, but I think I’ll just share this video instead.
Don’t take this as a rant towards your work tho, I do like what you’ve done so far in this update, just take this and my next argument as a very general rant about specific villain archetype.

I actually remember back in Phase 1 and 2 where one of the main criticisms of Marvel movies, besides reliance on the typical marvel formula, was their large number of underdeveloped villains (especially in Phase Two). I think this skit paraphrases it pretty nicely.:D
That’s probably why I like Phase 3 so much, I think it’s use of better developed antagonists is indicative of how much it learned from the previous phases, (Killmonger from Black Panther, Vulture from Spider-Man Homecoming, and of course, Thanos comes to mind). It may not be completely perfect (through Thanos is great), but it’s certainly a step in the right direction.
You may have your own perspective on this, but I thought I’d share some arguments and see what you think.

Anyways, putting away Marvel discussions for a bit, what do you think of this Injustice Wonder Woman rewrite video?
I know it’s not a rewrite of the actual DCEU Wonder Woman movie, but I think it’s got some interesting Ideas that could work for TTL’s DCCU Wonder Woman movie. I especially like the idea of Steve Trevor being a Nazi/Angeloi spy. Maybe Diane could also witness Soviet Totalitarianism and Chinese war crimes, making her realize all sides aren’t inherently good and evil, It’s just their leaders manipulating their people’s fears and societal tensions. Any thoughts you wish to share about this?

I think I’ve went overboard with the embed links and videos this time, I’ll try to tone it done if you wish.

Alright, I’ll look into it eventually. Thanks for the recommendation.:)
I just want to let you know there's a lot of good stuff (particularly toward the end) that I didn't adapt into this megacampaign, mostly because it didn't fit the story I wanted at the time. But it's still really good. The finale is a perfect way to wrap up the series, even if its tone and story is completely different from the pilot.
No offense, but this was kinda my reaction to seeing Tochtil as the Mandarin, I won’t lie.:p
That was sort of my reaction to the actual Mandarin reveal in the real movie. I went in thinking they were going to pull a racist stereotype with the Mandarin, as I didn't know anything about the comics version, but I was pleasantly surprised. Though I'm now a little disappointed we didn't get a Mandarin like in the comics.
Don’t take this as a rant towards your work tho, I do like what you’ve done so far in this update, just take this and my next argument as a very general rant about specific villain archetype.
The MCU, despite being more confident early on, is still taking its first steps. As in real life, it only hits its stride in Phase 3.
I actually remember back in Phase 1 and 2 where one of the main criticisms of Marvel movies, besides reliance on the typical marvel formula, was their large number of underdeveloped villains (especially in Phase Two). I think this skit paraphrases it pretty nicely.:D
Oh, yeah, I agree many villains were underdeveloped in Phase 1 and 2, except for Loki. My main gripe with the early MCU movies was that they killed most villains, though they're moving past that lately.
That’s probably why I like Phase 3 so much, I think it’s use of better developed antagonists is indicative of how much it learned from the previous phases, (Killmonger from Black Panther, Vulture from Spider-Man Homecoming, and of course, Thanos comes to mind). It may not be completely perfect (through Thanos is great), but it’s certainly a step in the right direction.
You may have your own perspective on this, but I thought I’d share some arguments and see what you think.
Baron Zemo is probably my favorite of the antagonists.
I know it’s not a rewrite of the actual DCEU Wonder Woman movie, but I think it’s got some interesting Ideas that could work for TTL’s DCCU Wonder Woman movie. I especially like the idea of Steve Trevor being a Nazi/Angeloi spy. Maybe Diane could also witness Soviet Totalitarianism and Chinese war crimes, making her realize all sides aren’t inherently good and evil, It’s just their leaders manipulating their people’s fears and societal tensions. Any thoughts you wish to share about this?
My current draft of Wonder Woman is very similar to the original, only moved to World War II and with more anachronistic deaths (that really frustrated me in the original movie). But I'll keep those ideas in mind if I ever go back to rewriting it. Right now I'm focusing on rewriting Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man and actually starting work on Phase 3.
I think I’ve went overboard with the embed links and videos this time, I’ll try to tone it done if you wish.
It's fine. Just want to let you know, I may not be able to watch all of the videos you post, so I apologize if I miss stuff.

Ooh, setting up Ultron early. I like it, deepens the connection between it and Hugo.

Ooh, setting up Ultron early. I like it, deepens the connection between it and Hugo.
I also kept Pym's role in Ultron's creation. Thought that was too good to pass up on.

Ultron's early introduction certainly is a good thing alright, your rewrite of Ant-Man will ought to explain why Pym decided to help Eddy given in OTL's MCU, Pym bore a hatred for Tony's father and the Starks in general (Which I think finally was resolved near the end of Endgame). Also I love how Killian reminds a Dragonesque figure here, with the Mandarin remaining the Big Bad. I always found the twist disappointing, though hilarious that he was an actor all along. The Comics Mandarin was apparently a formidable opponent to Iron Man so am glad he gets to shine here in the rewrite. Am curious, will you rewrite some parts of Dark World or have it ain the same? It'd be awesome if Thor decides to be a Varangian guardsman by Dark World before the whole reality stone shenanigans starts happening, plus it'll explain his prescence on Earth as its protector.

Last edited:
Ultron's early introduction certainly is a good thing alright, your rewrite of Ant-Man will ought to explain why Pym decided to help Eddy given in OTL's MCU, Pym bore a hatred for Tony's father and the Starks in general (Which I think finally died out around Endgame as we did get to see Pym at Tony's funeral). Also I love how Killian reminds a Dragonesque figure here, with the Mandarin remaining the Big Bad. I always found the twist disappointing, though hilarious that he was an actor all along. The Comics Mandarin was apparently a formidable opponent to Iron Man so am glad he gets to shine here in the rewrite. Am curious, will you rewrite some parts of Dark World or have it ain the same? It'd be awesome if Thor decides to be a Varangian guardsman by Dark World before the whole reality stone shenanigans starts happening, plus it'll explain his prescence on Earth as its protector.
I mostly explain it as Pym wanting to leave a legacy and solve the problem of artificial intelligence, which is the last problem he hasn't solved in his long career. His reason for leaving SHIELD has been changed to focus more on Janet's loss than on his tech being stolen. The tech stealing was just the last straw which led him to quit and sever ties with the Starks. After Cross tries to replicate his tech, he realizes someone will always try to develop shrinking technology and decides to help Tony develop Ultron, which he believes will prevent shrinking technology from falling into the wrong hands. Then he gets drunk, and you'll see what happens next.

The Dark World will be completely different, and I made Malekith easily a top tier villain. Thor being a Varangian sounds hilarious. I might add that in somewhere in Dark World or Age of Ultron.

I’m just going to put this spoiler in case there are viewers here that haven’t seen Endgame still, no matter how unlikely that it at this point (their might be people waiting for the rerealse, so I’ll put the spoiler for that)
I just thought of something, if Otto is still alive when Endgame is released, could he have a chance to attend Tony/Eddy’s funeral at the end of the movie. It’d be a really nice call back to Extremis and would show Otto being thankful for Eddy saving him, through I’m not sure if Otto would have the time for a brief cameo there. I mean, he did make a cameo here, so I think he could reprise his cameo role for the funeral scene.
Also, have you included any Stan Lee cameos in your summaries? I still find @TWR97 idea of Stan Lee hanging out in the background with Otto hilarious and I haven’t forgotten about it. :D
Gthat spefic scene probably won’t happen unfortunately. I’m also still sad about Stan Lee’s death last year, haven’t completely gotten over it really. I guess you could say he was the one person who never came back from the snap.:(

I’m just going to put this spoiler in case there are viewers here that haven’t seen Endgame still, no matter how unlikely that it at this point (their might be people waiting for the rerealse, so I’ll put the spoiler for that)
I just thought of something, if Otto is still alive when Endgame is released, could he have a chance to attend Tony/Eddy’s funeral at the end of the movie. It’d be a really nice call back to Extremis and would show Otto being thankful for Eddy saving him, through I’m not sure if Otto would have the time for a brief cameo there. I mean, he did make a cameo here, so I think he could reprise his cameo role for the funeral scene.
Also, have you included any Stan Lee cameos in your summaries? I still find @TWR97 idea of Stan Lee hanging out in the background with Otto hilarious and I haven’t forgotten about it. :D
Gthat spefic scene probably won’t happen unfortunately. I’m also still sad about Stan Lee’s death last year, haven’t completely gotten over it really. I guess you could say he was the one person who never came back from the snap.:(
I almost forgot to say this, but @TWR97, you might want to remove your Endgame spoiler in case there are people who didn't see the movie yet.

Oh that would be a good idea.

Stan Lee cameos aren't relevant to the plot (generally), so I didn't include them in the summaries. But assume they're still there.

I almost forgot to say this, but @TWR97, you might want to remove your Endgame spoiler in case there are people who didn't see the movie yet.
Are you referring to me and accidentally mentioned TWR, because I don’t think he spoiled anything? As for the spoiler, I think I’ll keep it it since I did have a disclaimer prelude it in the post. Plus, I want keep it here so that you can use it for notes when you begin Phase 3. Does that sound good?

Are you referring to me and accidentally mentioned TWR, because I don’t think he spoiled anything? As for the spoiler, I think I’ll keep it it since I did have a disclaimer prelude it in the post. Plus, I want keep it here so that you can use it for notes when you begin Phase 3. Does that sound good?
He mentioned

Tony's funeral

You're fine.

I've been thinking, considering that Olga shares a lot of similarities with the MCU's Natasha Romanov, what would Olga think of her fictional counterpart in Black Widow? Technically Black Widow's Comic origins predated that of Olga's actual experience of the KGB, so whereas Anne inspires the creation of Comic book characters, Olga is technically inspired BY a Comic book character. I wonder if Olga has had any one call her a discount Black Widow because of this.:p
Still, I imagine it would be pretty akward for Olga to see a fictional character simlar to her in a multimedia franchise, Through I'm not sure if Olga would spot the similarities herself. Alternatively, I guess Natasha would be Olga's favorite chracter in the MCU, who knows.:D

Anyway, I know that you've changed the title of Age of Ultron already, but I was wondering how does Judgement at Slorenia sound as a potential title? I figured that the title would be a word-play on the 1961 film Judgement at Nuremberg (or Judgment at Vijayanagara if you prefer context from TTL), which is about the prosecution of Axis war criminals, would be fitting since you said Ultron would be motivated to punish those he sees as the worst of humanity. Granted it might be a spoiler for the film, so whatever you have in mind might work better, I'm just curios of what you think of my idea.

Any how, I know you've canceled your Call of Duty summarizes for the moment, but what would you think of an Angeloi campagin in TTL's World at War? I know that such a campagin would likely be controversial in the Reich, but since the game is set on the Angeloi-Soviet front, I don't think it would be any more contrevisoral than a Soviet campaign. Plus, it would be an opportunity for the game to humanize both sides of the conflict, showing that not all Russian or Angeloi soldiers are monsters but rather normal people fighting for their country that were manipulated by corrupt regimes.

So, what are the chances that this actual Russian monarchist, Anton Bakov, would be the Russian Chancellor in the future? He's pretty much the Russian equilvent of the US's Emperor Norton, only he's not declaring himself to be the Tsar.:p

I've been thinking, considering that Olga shares a lot of similarities with the MCU's Natasha Romanov, what would Olga think of her fictional counterpart in Black Widow? Technically Black Widow's Comic origins predated that of Olga's actual experience of the KGB, so whereas Anne inspires the creation of Comic book characters, Olga is technically inspired BY a Comic book character. I wonder if Olga has had any one call her a discount Black Widow because of this.:p
I based her more on Lorraine from Atomic Blonde and John Wick than on Black Widow. Pretty sure several people already compared her to Black Widow in the past.
Still, I imagine it would be pretty akward for Olga to see a fictional character simlar to her in a multimedia franchise, Through I'm not sure if Olga would spot the similarities herself. Alternatively, I guess Natasha would be Olga's favorite chracter in the MCU, who knows.:D
She might be Olga's favorite character, but Melinda May from Agents of SHIELD could give her a run for her money, especially when they fight in Civil War.
Anyway, I know that you've changed the title of Age of Ultron already, but I was wondering how does Judgement at Slorenia sound as a potential title? I figured that the title would be a word-play on the 1961 film Judgement at Nuremberg (or Judgment at Vijayanagara if you prefer context from TTL), which is about the prosecution of Axis war criminals, would be fitting since you said Ultron would be motivated to punish those he sees as the worst of humanity. Granted it might be a spoiler for the film, so whatever you have in mind might work better, I'm just curios of what you think of my idea.
I actually removed Slorenia and replaced it with Sokovia again, but that title sounds cool. The current one is "Reign of Ultron," which is pretty similar to the original. I just went and changed the title.
Any how, I know you've canceled your Call of Duty summarizes for the moment, but what would you think of an Angeloi campagin in TTL's World at War? I know that such a campagin would likely be controversial in the Reich, but since the game is set on the Angeloi-Soviet front, I don't think it would be any more contrevisoral than a Soviet campaign. Plus, it would be an opportunity for the game to humanize both sides of the conflict, showing that not all Russian or Angeloi soldiers are monsters but rather normal people fighting for their country that were manipulated by corrupt regimes.
The Call of Duty summaries have been officially canceled, as the changes I made were too small and the summaries too close to the original to justify them existing. An Angeloi campaign sounds like an interesting idea, but it would have to be handled carefully to avoid being too sympathetic.
So, what are the chances that this actual Russian monarchist, Anton Bakov, would be the Russian Chancellor in the future? He's pretty much the Russian equilvent of the US's Emperor Norton, only he's not declaring himself to be the Tsar.:p
He's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Thor: Fimbulwinter

Thousands of years ago, the dark elves of Svartalfheim lived in peace. The nature of darkness in that part of the universe was different to how darkness is perceived in the rest of the universe. It was complex, had variations, what we would equate to colors. It was beautiful and wonderful. The dark elves were artistic and cultured. But outside, the universe changed and became filled with light, and darkness also changed. It became simple. Now it's just the absence of light, a “shadow” of its former glory, pun intentional. The fact it’s a pun shows exactly how little darkness is thought of, that it's inherently bad or inferior. The dark elves evolved in that beautiful darkness, and the outside universe of light is literally incomprehensible to them. Trying to see beauty in our universe of light is like us trying to imagine an 8th color, or a universe where 1>2. As the light closed in on Svartalfheim, Malekith, the dark elves’ leader, feared the effect it may have on his people. Haunted by an encroaching universe which screamed wrongness to him at every waking moment, He sought out and obtained the Aether, an ancient weapon, as a way to restore Svartalfheim to its proper state of existence, in his mind. The Asgardians noticed Malekith’s plan. Bor, King of Asgard, led an army to Svartalfheim and butchered the dark elves, taking the Aether. Although he loses his family, Malekith and some of his men survived and went into hiding.

In the present, after the events of The Vindicators, Thor returns to Asgard with Loki in chains. Odin gives Loki a short trial in which he acts as judge, jury, and executioner before sentencing him to solitary confinement. Later, he congratulates Thor on saving Midgard and capturing Loki and decides he is ready to be king. However, Thor only wants to return to Earth to be with Jane. Odin tells Thor he should not pine after Jane, because as a human she will die in a few decades, while Asgardians will live for thousands of years. He should instead marry Sif, who has expressed interest in him.

On Earth, Jane is now the leader of a SHIELD science team searching for Loki’s scepter. One day, they detect anomalous energy readings in Kanata. Traveling there, Jane recovers the Aether. She takes it back to SHIELD, where Defense Minister Wolfgang von Strucker orders her to run tests on it. Director Fury and Agent Barton, who don’t trust Strucker, ask her to hold off on the tests. The Aether causes an energy surge which generates portals to the Nine Realms. SHIELD sends teams to visit Vanaheim and Svartalfheim. In the latter realm, they accidentally wake Malekith and his men from cryogenic stasis, and SHIELD is forced to retreat. Malekith attacks the SHIELD facility to retrieve the Aether, but Jane physically handles the Aether, absorbing it. After Heimdall alerts him, Thor arrives in time to rescue Jane and take her to Asgard.

In Asgard, Thor explains to his impatient father why Jane is with him. After Odin notices the dangerous properties the Aether exerts through Jane, he relents. Frigga and Sif take Jane into their company. While Jane comes out of her usually introverted shell to excitedly talk science with Frigga, Sif regards her coldly. Thor asks Odin about what the Aether is. Odin tells him about Malekith and the dark elves and claims he was plotting to consume the entire universe in darkness but massacred his entire species when Bor and the Asgardians stopped him. Thor senses something is off about Odin’s explanation, but he has little time to reply. Malekith and his men use one of the portals from the SHIELD facility to sneak into Asgard, where they break into Odin’s palace and sabotage its security systems. The palace guards, not used to combat, are quickly dispatched by the dark elves. Malekith enters the living quarters and demands Jane and the Aether, but Frigga and Sif fight him. Malekith kills Frigga, crucially wounds Sif, and takes Jane with him back through the portal. As Asgard grieves and a funeral is held, Odin orders Thor to stop Malekith. Thor goes through the portal to the SHIELD facility, where he finds Malekith has extracted the Aether from Jane and is now using it to restore darkness to Svartalfheim. Malekith explains his side of Odin’s story. He just wanted to restore Svartalfheim’s special darkness so his people would no longer be tortured by reality. Thor is surprised to hear Jane agreeing with him. Due to her exposure to the Aether, she is the only non-dark elf who can comprehend the situation, explain it in a way Thor can understand.

"Imagine the universe suddenly lost all its color. Everything became black and white and grey. Thousands of years later you find a way to restore color to the universe, but all the young races that have grown in awe of this lack of color now fear its return. Would you listen to these childlike beings who have never seen a rainbow?"

Thor wants to hate Malekith for what he’s doing, but he can’t. Malekith is unable to change his views because it is who he is, and the anguish of living outside of the darkness his species evolved in is driving him to the extremes. For his part, Malekith laments the death of his people, especially his family. With his people dead, there is really no point in restoring Svartalfheim’s special darkness. He steps through the portal to Svartalfheim with his surviving men. Believing this is a trick to unleash the Aether, Thor charges after them and massacres the dark elves, who put up no resistance to his blows. With his last breath, Malekith gives the Aether back to Thor. Thor asks why he didn’t resist. Malekith says he wanted to see if Asgardians had changed since they murdered his people, and they haven’t. He doesn’t blame them for their actions. Instead, he forgives them. He finds the darkness of extinction a welcome relief for him and his species.

"Some say after death comes paradise. Some say there is only darkness. We see no difference."

Returning to Asgard, Thor tells Odin he is not ready to be king yet. He departs for Earth to be with Jane, not noticing “Odin” is actually Loki in disguise. On Earth, he meets Jane for lunch, where she apologizes to him and explains she is no longer lost without him as before the Aether incident. While they should keep in touch, Thor shouldn’t throw away his life for her. She is her own person, and he is his. They break up on amiable terms.

In a mid-credits scene, Melissa Ming from Agents of SHIELD briefs Barton on Albert Malik, a terrorist notorious for illegal human experimentation, who is believed to have Loki’s scepter. Malik also has ties to the World Security Council overseeing SHIELD.

In another mid-credits scene, Sif visits the Collector, an eccentric alien who collects rare artifacts from across the universe, and entrusts him with the Aether.

In a third mid-credits scene, Thor applies for a spot in the Varangian Guard and is rejected. He demands to see the Kaiser and get an explanation for his rejection but is thrown out of the palace, after which he vows he will stay on Earth to show humanity why he is worthy.

In a post-credits scene, Eddy Hugo’s Ultron-II accesses SHIELD files, revealing a secret program called Project Insight and highlighting Strucker’s file.