• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Attention: I have some bad news.

I was recently testing out my NWO mod, but I ran into some serious errors that I don't know how to fix. These errors consist of things like armies and navies randomly teleporting to provinces halfway around the world, some strangely graphical errors that occasionally cause a crash, and a lot of messed up localization. This has rendered the mod completely unplayable, and my last backup was from several months ago. Therefore, I have decided to cancel the NWO portion of the megacampaign. In addition, this incident has raised concerns about the Stellaris part of the megacampaign, and I am worried that the same thing might occur to the mod I create for that game. As a result I am going to end this megacampaign in 1945 and detail the story up to 2200 in several interludes. I have already begun plans for my next project, which will be another megacampaign. As I think this story has run its course and I'm running out of ideas already, I plan to start anew in CKII. The plan is to start as a minor Catholic family in 1066 and expand naturally; I will not use the tactics I used with the Hohenzollerns to keep the gameplay exciting. The ultimate goal is to destroy both the HRE and the ERE and create the European Union hundreds of years earlier than in real life. A secondary goal for EU4, Victoria 2, and Hearts of Iron IV is to abolish all despotic and reactionary monarchies and free the peoples of the world under modern and secular republics. And a minor goal for CKII is to convert to French culture, exterminate the Greek and German cultures, and help the Karlings spread over Europe again. The name of this project will be "Much Doge, Many Republics: The Story of the Dandolos." I hope you'll enjoy this story. Down with the monarchy! Long live the Republic! Long live the Doge! Long live the Dandolos!

• 1Haha
Reactions:

I was recently testing out my NWO mod, but I ran into some serious errors that I don't know how to fix. These errors consist of things like armies and navies randomly teleporting to provinces halfway around the world, some strangely graphical errors that occasionally cause a crash, and a lot of messed up localization. This has rendered the mod completely unplayable, and my last backup was from several months ago. Therefore, I have decided to cancel the NWO portion of the megacampaign. In addition, this incident has raised concerns about the Stellaris part of the megacampaign, and I am worried that the same thing might occur to the mod I create for that game. As a result I am going to end this megacampaign in 1945 and detail the story up to 2200 in several interludes. I have already begun plans for my next project, which will be another megacampaign. As I think this story has run its course and I'm running out of ideas already, I plan to start anew in CKII. The plan is to start as a minor Catholic family in 1066 and expand naturally; I will not use the tactics I used with the Hohenzollerns to keep the gameplay exciting. The ultimate goal is to destroy both the HRE and the ERE and create the European Union hundreds of years earlier than in real life. A secondary goal for EU4, Victoria 2, and Hearts of Iron IV is to abolish all despotic and reactionary monarchies and free the peoples of the world under modern and secular republics. And a minor goal for CKII is to convert to French culture, exterminate the Greek and German cultures, and help the Karlings spread over Europe again. The name of this project will be "Much Doge, Many Republics: The Story of the Dandolos." I hope you'll enjoy this story. Down with the monarchy! Long live the Republic! Long live the Doge! Long live the Dandolos!
It's better to pull this kind of stuff when it's not the 1st of April, that would make it believable

So I have a confession to make.

For a split second I believed this.

God, I'm dumb sometimes.

God, I'm dumb sometimes.
I too, have a confession to make:

I also did

Inquisition and Athanatoi will have a word with you...:p

So I get this is a joke... but that sounds like a fun megacampaign.

4cf.jpg

God, I'm dumb sometimes.
I too, have a confession to make:

I also did
Maybe it's because some parts of it actually are true. There are a few bugs in NWO, but they're quite minor and I can just ignore them.
April fools rules!:D
:D
Maybe.:D
Inquisition and Athanatoi will have a word with you...:p
But...I am the Inquisition and Athanatoi. PURGE!:mad:
Now that you bring that up, it does sound fun. Especially when I reach Stellaris and immediately become a fanatic xenophobe militarist direct democracy.:p
Did somebody say HERESY?!:mad:
YOU GOD DAMN ****! *****! ***** *****! ***********************************
Whoa, language.:p
Are you sure,that you want to see Dandolo as bloodthirsty democratic exterminator of Hohenzollerns?
If that means triggering as many Germans, Greeks, Byzantophiles and monarchists as possible, then yes.:p

"L'etat c'est moi!" -Louis the XIV the Sun King
"I am the Senate!" -Sheev "Darth Sidious" Palpatine

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Gandhi the Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Romans would tell you. It's an Axis legend. Darth Gandhi was a Dark Lord of the fascists so powerful and so wise, he could use the Paradox to influence the Hearts of Iron to create...more fascist governments. He had such a knowledge of the Paradox, he could even keep the ones he cared about...from becoming equalists. The dark side of the Paradox is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice nuked him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from equalism...but not himself.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Gandhi the Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Romans would tell you. It's an Axis legend. Darth Gandhi was a Dark Lord of the fascists so powerful and so wise, he could use the Paradox to influence the Hearts of Iron to create...more fascist governments. He had such a knowledge of the Paradox, he could even keep the ones he cared about...from becoming equalists. The dark side of the Paradox is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice nuked him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from equalism...but not himself.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p
Grand Master Otto Hohollezern

Grand Master Otto Hohollezern
Oh great, now I'm picturing a lightsaber duel between the Hohenzollern Kaiser and the Anniona Emperor (who also uses force lightning). Totally am not going to do that when I reach Stellaris.:p

Oh great, now I'm picturing a lightsaber duel between the Hohenzollern Kaiser and the Anniona Emperor (who also uses force lightning). Totally am not going to do that when I reach Stellaris.:p
You better do that!

Chapter 378: Watch on the Rhine

"So lead us with your tried command,
With trust in God, take sword in hand,
Hail Otto! Down with all that brood!
Repay our shame with the foes' blood!"

-Die Wacht am Rhein, a popular wartime version of Die Wacht am Siam

At the end of March, several bombers targeted the cities of Vienna and Copenhagen in preparation for an assault to take both from Axis forces. The bombings severely weakened both cities' infrastructure and industrial capacity, crippling the Angeloi's ability to defend themselves. Vienna was retaken on the 1st of April (the Kaiser himself had to deny allegations of an April Fools' joke over the radio), followed by Copenhagen and Zurich a few hours later. For the first time in three years, the Fourth Rome was back in the hands of the true Reich, boosting morale significantly.
20170220113405_1.jpg
20170220113502_1.jpg
20170220113531_1.jpg
20170220114128_1.jpg
20170220114252_1.jpg
20170220114506_1.jpg

What the Kaiser didn't expect, though was for Mount Vesuvius, a volcano in southern Italia, to erupt, affecting several villages around it. At first he wrote it off as an elaborate April Fools' joke being played on him by Mussolini, who was known for his comedic antics. When the Schweinfurt governors of Italia confirmed the report, though, he immediately ordered aid sent to the affected area by deploying some legions from northern Italia, not caring that there was significant anti-Resistance activity there.
Mt_Vesuvius_Erupting_1944.jpg

Vesuvius erupting

20170220115042_1.jpg

The war in India wasn't going so well. That same day, Ludendorff received reports that the armored divisions in Hyderabad had finally succumbed to the repeated Chinese assault and were completely annihilated. The nearest reinforcements were disorganized and could possibly only buy the city a few more weeks against the Chinese offensive.
20170220115049_1.jpg

In the eastern front, a surprising development occurred when Vinlandic paratroopers unexpectedly seized the Lithuanian city of Kaunas, causing panic in the Angeloi lines, which had already reached the breaking point due to the supply lines from Germania and targets in eastern Germania being repeatedly bombed by both loyalist and Soviet planes. Another surprise naval operation, launched by the Commune of Michigan, established a beachhead just north of Riga, where the headquarters for the Angeloi commanders managing the entire eastern front was based. If Riga fell, the front could completely collapse, and there would be nothing between the Soviets and Berlin.
20170220125936_1.jpg
20170220131105_1.jpg
20170220131112_1.jpg
20170220131838_1.jpg

(I had nothing to do with this. I just looked over and found that this was happening.)

Despite this threat to the stability of the eastern front, Angelos insisted on focusing on the loyalists, who were the "greater threat." He ordered a Third Balkan Offensive to commence on the 7th of April. At two past midnight, thousands of Angeloi and exiled CSA troops assaulted loyalist positions on the Illyrian and Dacian front from Carpathia. While on paper this was an impressive show of force, in reality it accomplished little (securing only one theme, which never materialized into a breakthrough). Most of the attacks were easily repelled, and the front remained static.
20170220155451_1.jpg
20170220155520_1.jpg
20170220161906_1.jpg

Meanwhile, the eastern front started to collapse as Angeloi troops retreated westwards, no longer able to fight off the hordes of Soviet conscripts. The Soviets retook the city of Leningrad and consolidated their control over Taurica, while parts of the Red Army advanced into Dacia. Kiev was no longer threatened, and it was in fact the Angeloi who were now encircled on the outskirts of the city, thousands of them. Over in the Eimericas, while Neurhomania was steadily liberated, the Yucatecan government capitulated to Tawantinsuyu, which put the country under military occupation pending its integration into the Quechua empire.
20170220162237_1.jpg
20170220164004_1.jpg
20170220164909_1.jpg
20170220165203_1.jpg

As the Soviets advanced from the east, the loyalists advanced from the west. Loyalist legions entered southern and western Germania, meeting heavy resistance from the Angeloi, especially at the city of Ulm, where almost four thousand loyalists were killed and the city itself was heavily destroyed (aside from the rather large church in the middle of Ulm). Regardless, the Ulm offensive was just a diversion for the real offensive, which was at Philippeville. The city, and its rocket testing facilities which were being used by Project Mjolnir, was liberated on the 12th of April. However, the Angeloi had already evacuated the facility and burned what they couldn't take with them, providing nothing meaningful for the loyalists. The General Staff suspected that they had relocated Project Mjolnir further east and out of range of the loyalists.
20170220170603_1.jpg
20170221153948_1.jpg

The Angeloi had another surprise prepared in the Third Balkan Offensive, where the anti-Resistance launched an insurrection in loyalist-controlled Dacia. While the insurrection itself was easily crushed, Ludendorff had to withdraw several legions from the front to deal with them, allowing the Angeloi to breach the lines at multiple locations.
20170221155012_1.jpg

20170221155102_1.jpg

On the 14th, the city of Strassburg was liberated, and along with it the main research facilities for Project Mjolnir. Unlike Philippeville's facility, though, the Angeloi could not evacuate the Strassburg site in time, and a significant amount of their research into nuclear weapons fell into loyalist hands. But the bombs themselves, which the Athanatoi confirmed that the Angeloi were close to completing, were nowhere in sight.
20170221155642_1.jpg

On the 16th, the Soviets took the city of Odessa, in northern Dacia, coming dangerously close to flanking the entire eastern front and attacking the Balkan front from behind. Despite this, the Angeloi instead launched a naval invasion of southern Gallia for some reason.
20170223103620_1.jpg
20170223115304_1.jpg

(AI did all that)

Yet another surprise occurred in mid-April, this time in South Eimerica, where the Chinese had launched an invasion of Tawantinsuyu, easily occupying almost an entire suyu, including the capital of Cusco. However, the Sapa Inca and the fascist government were evacuated to a secret bunker in the Andes and refused to surrender.
20170223181025_1.jpg
20170223181537_1.jpg

(I...I don't know what just happened here)

Cologne was liberated on the 24th, giving the loyalists a firm foothold on the eastern bank of the Rhine. With the loyalists having crossed the Rhine and entered Germania, the Angeloi high command panicked, causing the eastern front to implode even faster. Even then Angelos continued wasting manpower on futile gestures such as the brief and pointless retaking of Rome, which was crushed almost immediately.
20170223185937_1.jpg
20170223192501_1.jpg

(Seriously?)

By the beginning of May, the Angeloi were clearly on their last legs. Bavaria was firmly in loyalist hands, and Ludendorff was preparing a great offensive all along the Rhine that would shatter the Angeloi tagmata for good and end the war before the Soviets advanced any further. They had already taken enough land in Dacia, having reached the Black Sea coast and the loyalist lines in Bulgaria. They could not advance further. The Vinlanders and Meskwaki, meanwhile, had taken most of Lithuania and Latvia, threatening to cut through the Angeloi lines and encircle millions of Angeloi in Estonia. Otto could not let them advance further. He had to crush the Angeloi now.
20170223192744_1.jpg

The Watch on the Rhine was no longer just a watch. Thousands of loyalists crossed the Rhine, landing on its eastern bank, where the Angeloi had dug in to defend their Fatherland with their lives. The fate of the Reich would be decided in the next few weeks. It was now or never.